I'm firing up the grill

I'm sick of winter so I will pretend it's summer and fire up my grills today

the menu is Surf and Turf

Appetizers:

PEI mussels grilled in the shell and served with a spicy white wine butter sauce

Grilled thick slices of tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil served on fresh grilled bread with garlic butter

a nice tuna fillet grilled sashimi style with a ginger sesame glaze

For the entree I have a beautiful sirloin and some jumbo shrimp that I'll serve with grilled asparagus with hollandaise and a roasted red and yellow pepper salad.

yeah it's feeling like summer already.

There's the spirit, Skull.

When do we eat, and what's a bloke have to do to get a drink in this establishment?

one good thing about grilling out in winter is you just have to stick a bunch of bottles of Sam Adams in a nearby snow bank.

do they still have sam adams winter by you?

I like a bit of pig in the winter $2005_0628yorkshiredales0121.jpg

$2005_0628yorkshiredales0005.JPGin my holiday home we have a little house we biult for winter and summer grilling, its far more civilised than getting cold and wet. We only use seasoned wood no pussy gas or factory made charcoal.

I cut a metal beer barrel in half, place a leg of lamb seasoned with anchovy fillets garlic and rosemary on a plate with pots, onions, carrots cover with the barrel, cover with the embers and cook for three to four hours.

Last edited: