I'm firing up the grill

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
I'm sick of winter so I will pretend it's summer and fire up my grills today

the menu is Surf and Turf

Appetizers:

PEI mussels grilled in the shell and served with a spicy white wine butter sauce

Grilled thick slices of tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil served on fresh grilled bread with garlic butter

a nice tuna fillet grilled sashimi style with a ginger sesame glaze

For the entree I have a beautiful sirloin and some jumbo shrimp that I'll serve with grilled asparagus with hollandaise and a roasted red and yellow pepper salad.

yeah it's feeling like summer already.

Last edited:
Winter should NEVER be an excuse not to grill.

There are only two excuses not to grill:

1. The absence of a grill.
2. The absence of grillable food.

BTW...your menu sounds great!

NICE!

I would love to whip out the grill but i'll wait a bit longer, I think. I applaud your grilling perseverance though!

cant wait for grilling season.

NICE!

I would love to whip out the grill but i'll wait a bit longer, I think. I applaud your grilling perseverance though!

cant wait for grilling season.

All you need to worry about is making me lasagna.:eusa_shhh:

I put mine in the barn

but that's no excuse, get out there and shovel!

No thanks, my housekeeper is fixing me a nice lunch right now. Pork chops, fried taters and pinto beans with cornbread.

Is your housekeeper able to speak in different dialects?

Mostly hillphonics like I do.

Her husband is my farm manager. She cooks me 3 meals a day during the week and I am on my own on the weekends.
But she still brings over sweets and such on the weekend.
They live in a home on my farm.

Last edited:

Appetizers:

PEI mussels grilled in the shell and served with a spicy white wine butter sauce

Grilled thick slices of tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil served on fresh grilled bread with garlic butter

For the entree I have a beautiful sirloin and some jumbo shrimp that I'll serve with grilled asparagus with hollandaise and a roasted red and yellow pepper salad.

There's the spirit, Skull.

When do we eat, and what's a bloke have to do to get a drink in this establishment?

Appetizers:

There's the spirit, Skull.

When do we eat, and what's a bloke have to do to get a drink in this establishment?

one good thing about grilling out in winter is you just have to stick a bunch of bottles of Sam Adams in a nearby snow bank.