I'm dying from the heat!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
It's been hovering around 100 degrees here the past few days and that's 105-110 using the heat index with humidity! Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day yet.

I've got a tiny room, shades down (as they always are since I'm like dracula). I've got my window unit set to 64 degrees and I'm literally still sweating. It must be mid 80's in here still. It's supposed to be 84 for both Friday and Saturday, and that should be a relief!

jimnyc said:
It's been hovering around 100 degrees here the past few days and that's 105-110 using the heat index with humidity! Tomorrow is supposed to be the worst day yet.

I've got a tiny room, shades down (as they always are since I'm like dracula). I've got my window unit set to 64 degrees and I'm literally still sweating. It must be mid 80's in here still. It's supposed to be 84 for both Friday and Saturday, and that should be a relief!
AC guy here yesterday. We're in the same system as far as heat goes. Shot of freon and new filter. It's 75 in the house. AAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhh

After I made that first post I just jumped in for a quickie cold shower! Feels good now but lets see how long it lasts...

Bonnie said:
Just keep doing it :)

I hear it's worse by you! I checked about an hour and a half ago and it was still 91 here. I was on the phone with Janeen so I checked Edison and it was still 97 there!

Mr.Conley said:
Welcome to my world. New England for the winter; New Orleans for the summer. Live sucks.
That is awful! Couldn't plan it worse.

This afternoon I was driving to shopping and caught Rush. He did make me laugh, said CNN had reporters on the street in Chicago, headlining, "5th strait day of 90 plus temps!" Rush commented something like, 'Imagine, Chicago in July/Aug with 90+ temps! Just think of the reports in Jan. Chicago: 10+ inches of snow and below zero temps!' :laugh:

jimnyc said:
I hear it's worse by you! I checked about an hour and a half ago and it was still 91 here. I was on the phone with Janeen so I checked Edison and it was still 97 there!

It's pretty bad here, tommorrow it gets even worse if that's even possible?? :eek: I felt so tired and knocked out all day.

MtnBiker said:
I just put on a long sleeve flannel shirt, to take the chill off while I'm in my basement.
You know how to win friends, right? :laugh:

:teeth:

Actually we are experiencing a cool spell. It was in the high 90's last week. Fortunately very low humidity and it usually cools down pretty good at night.

Kathianne said:
That is awful! Couldn't plan it worse.

This afternoon I was driving to shopping and caught Rush. He did make me laugh, said CNN had reporters on the street in Chicago, headlining, "5th strait day of 90 plus temps!" Rush commented something like, 'Imagine, Chicago in July/Aug with 90+ temps! Just think of the reports in Jan. Chicago: 10+ inches of snow and below zero temps!'
:rotflmao: I've never listened to Rush (too busy), but he sounds funny at least.

The weather is why I'm actually trying to get global warming going. Imagine wearing a t-shirt plus jeans during January in Boston. If we can just get our fossil fuel consumption levels higher...

One good thing though is that at least I'm in both places for their "expected" temperature extremes. Apparently unlike you Northeners, we've got AC down here.

Bonnie said:
I ate ice cream for lunch, I was so not hungry for anything else except water..
Edy's Creme de Menthe yesterday. Also since yesterday, 9 cans of Berry La Croix water. :laugh:

That's with A/C. But I had to go out for mail, paper, and shopping!

Mr.Conley said:
:rotflmao: I've never listened to Rush (too busy), but he sounds funny at least.

The weather is why I'm actually trying to get global warming going. Imagine wearing a t-shirt plus jeans during January in Boston. If we can just get our fossil fuel consumption levels higher...

One good thing though is that at least I'm in both places for their "expected" temperature extremes. Apparently unlike you Northeners, we've got AC down here.
I catch him in the car, when commercials on other station. He can be funny, that was.

Just for all my pals. The reason it’s so hot in the north now is because the Jet stream has moved from its’ “normal” area of flow.

Keeping it simple, the Jet effects low level weather. The Jet this time of year usually flows from the Pacific Northwest to the Southeast toward northern Texas, and then curves northeast toward Maine. That brings cool air from the NW to you yanks, leaves us in the South hot.

The Jet stream is now so far off normal no one is getting cool air..
Simple charts below show what’s going on.

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag192.html

http://www.pilotweather.com/avibinf/graphic?wxcity=;;&partner=AccuWeather&metrix=1&select=jetstream

Kathianne said:
Edy's Creme de Menthe yesterday. Also since yesterday, 9 cans of Berry La Croix water. :laugh:

That's with A/C. But I had to go out for mail, paper, and shopping!

Yes that ice cream does hit the spot...

Mr. P said:
Just for all my pals. The reason it’s so hot in the north now is because the Jet stream has moved from its’ “normal” area of flow.

Keeping it simple, the Jet effects low level weather. The Jet this time of year usually flows from the Pacific Northwest to the Southeast toward northern Texas, and then curves northeast toward Maine. That brings cool air from the NW to you yanks, leaves us in the South hot.

The Jet stream is now so far off normal no one is getting cool air..
Simple charts below show what’s going on.

http://www.weatherimages.org/data/imag192.html

http://www.pilotweather.com/avibinf/graphic?wxcity=;;&partner=AccuWeather&metrix=1&select=jetstream

Charts even..your the coolest :D

Forum List

Back