I'm Done Eating At Burger King

Sigh.

They pay payroll, sales, and even corporate taxes on all business conducted inside the borders of this country. The advantage they get is that they do not have to pay taxes on earnings outside this country, unlike US corporations that are forced to pay taxes on both foreign and domestic earnings. If you really ran a business that put you in the 1% your CPA would have explained this to you by now, which just proves you have been lying since the first day you posted on this site.

If foreign companies pay US income taxes, then why do companies want to do inversion?

When an American Company moves its headquarters out of the nation to avoid paying taxes then it is no longer an American company and not worthy of my business.

Burger King to buy Tim Hortons with help from Warren Buffett move headquarters to Canada - NY Daily News

So, you're not going to eat at BK anymore? I'm sure your super-sized ass thanks you.

There are franchises throughout the country that will still offer jobs and pay taxes.

What's un-American is raising taxes and treating all tax payers like scum who are put here to serve those who live off of us.

Some liberal states figured out that tax breaks keep businesses there. Why hasn't this administration figured that out yet?

Burger King did nothing "wrong", and boycotts are stupid.

But it's silly to think that taxes were a primary "reason" that the merger occurred.

There a lot easier and cheaper ways to save money on their taxes. Last year, Tim Hortons and Burger King paid essentially the effective effective tax rates.

Skipping out on your taxes is 'NOTHING WRONG?'

They're not "skipping out on their taxes". Every Burger King restaurant in the country will continue to pay plenty of taxes.

They're making the best business decision that will return the most dividends to their investors - which is exactly what every corporation in the world is obligated to do.

Yeah, so they say, but I don't see how bringing more BK into Canada is somehow a bigger market than bringing Tim Hortons to the US. It seems the opposite to me. There is a huge market in the US for Tim Hortons.

TH has tried that...last time, they got absolutely pasted and closed every one in <6 years. Might work someplace else...but NOBODY can touch Dunkin Donuts in the northeast!

This entire debate is stupid at face value. Congress writes the tax laws, and citizens and corporations follow the tax laws. If the consequences are undesirable, change the law. If the law does not change, vote differently. If that doesn't work, move to Canada or something....heh

Yeah, so they say, but I don't see how bringing more BK into Canada is somehow a bigger market than bringing Tim Hortons to the US. It seems the opposite to me. There is a huge market in the US for Tim Hortons.

TH has tried that...last time, they got absolutely pasted and closed every one in <6 years. Might work someplace else...but NOBODY can touch Dunkin Donuts in the northeast!

You tried to float that turd in another thread and I shot it down.

Want me to do it again?

Sure...lets look at the facts!

Fact: TH took over 42 Bess Eaton Donuts stores in 2004. (Six Bess Eatons were closed.)
Fact: They closed fifteen of them in 2008.
Fact: The remaining 27 closed two years later, citing poor sales and competition from Dunkin Donuts. (In fact, at least three TH's-Pawcatuk, CT, Ashaway, RI, and Mystic, CT-reopened as Dunkin Donuts.)

So, to recap: Ten years ago, Tim Hortons tried to get a foothold in New England. It was a dismal failure, they got pasted by Dunkin Donuts and pulled out four years ago.

Tim Horton's has had many very successful stores in Western New York for at least the last decade.

Tim Horton's has had many very successful stores in Western New York for at least the last decade.

And as I already showed Jaraxle (with a map, seven locations in Bangor alone) they're peppered around Maine. I'm pretty sure that's New England.

I wonder if they have a cherry-pick flavour doughnut... :eusa_think:

And as I already showed Jaraxle (with a map, seven locations in Bangor alone) they're peppered around Maine. I'm pretty sure that's New England.

The first Tim Horton's I ever saw was in Buffalo, about 12 years ago. They're still there.

Sure...lets look at the facts!

Fact: TH took over 42 Bess Eaton Donuts stores in 2004. (Six Bess Eatons were closed.)
Fact: They closed fifteen of them in 2008.
Fact: The remaining 27 closed two years later, citing poor sales and competition from Dunkin Donuts. (In fact, at least three TH's-Pawcatuk, CT, Ashaway, RI, and Mystic, CT-reopened as Dunkin Donuts.)

So, to recap: Ten years ago, Tim Hortons tried to get a foothold in New England. It was a dismal failure, they got pasted by Dunkin Donuts and pulled out four years ago.

Cherrypicked. Southern Connecticut does not New England make. Nor are TH and Dunkin' Donuts doing the same thing. Sounds like a bad district manager, because clearly that's not the case elsewhere.

"And then I asked myself,
"Where would people never notice a town full of robots?
::gasp::
-- Connecticut!"

-- Claire Wellington, "The Stepford Wives"

No, actually, the Bess Eatons they took over were in Rhode Island (including two in Providence), Connecticut (entire eastern half of the state, including Hartford), and eastern Massachusetts. Again: they got pasted by Dunkin Donuts, and all were gone in 6 years. No amount of shrieking horseshit to the heavens will change this simple FACT.

Seven locations in Bangor? Ahh, how impressive!

Well, no, actually, not at all...considering there are TWENTY-seven Dunkin Donuts in Bangor!

Seven locations in Bangor? Ahh, how impressive!

Well, no, actually, not at all...considering there are TWENTY-seven Dunkin Donuts in Bangor!

Your contention was that they bailed out of New England "completely". And that's horseshit, QED.
And again, they don't do quite the same market niche anyway -- Horton's has real food besides doughnuts. Apples and oranges.
Maybe you just have more cops there? I dunno but again it sounds like bad district management specific to that region. Because it clearly isn't replicated in Maine. Or New York. Or Ohio. Or Kentucky. And btw nothing you say here is linked, whereas I did link Bangor.

What exactly is your point in all of this anyway? How does it in any way relate to the topic?
I mean Dunkin' Donuts isn't even part of this deal.

Btw that movie line I posted has a meaning. :D

Forum List

Back