I'm discouraged - Romney should be way ahead

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The Sept unemployment will get cooked to the magical 7.9 - which will cause a 5% bounce for Obama.

And the debates will come out about even. (except if Romney does a Reagan and hits a home run) But Obama sucked in the 2008 dem debates and still won.

Obama is a terrible president - one of the worst ever.

the pits

a terrible president

but it seems he can do no wrong.............................................

The big myth is that Obama is a "great debator."

He didnt stand out at all in the 2008 dem debates.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 30 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

You know..............even in spite of the fact that the stock market has doubled, and even with the fact that more manufacturing jobs are coming back to America, is Mittens sure he can win on talking about the economy?

Me personally? After hearing him speak this afternoon to a lobbying group for defense contractors (the National Guard Association........google it) and didn't really say shit about Afghanistan other than he'd keep sending them money (and STILL nothing about the active duty troops), I'd rather hear about his foreign policy. I mean..............we are still fighting a war.

Give Romney time. Obama had to get a bounce from the Dems convention.

Give him time? He couldn't even get a bounce from his own fucking convention. Matter of fact, if you compare the bounce between Mittens and Obama, it's about the same as what it was between Kerry and Jr. back in 2004, only reversed.

Mittens is toast.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 30 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

It's quite scary when you realize people like this can vote.

1.) I can't believe it needs to be said, but the labor force participation rate as well as the percentage of Americans employed are lower now than they were either pre-recession or during the recession.

2.) GM's stock is tanking and is very well going to need a second bailout in the future. I'm not sure how that counts as "rebuilt GM".

3.) How did he "reform Healthcare", except to ensure that insurance companies make bank while everyone else pays higher taxes?

4.) GDP growth under Obama is the lowest post-recession growth in... well, I want to say ever, but I won't. I'll just say a very long time.

5.) Whether or not we've added jobs every month is the biggest red herring ever. Imagine the following scenario. We have a country with 100 people of working age and 90 jobs available. Every day the number of people of working age grows by three. Also, every day there are two new jobs added. Now let's say that 10 people out of the 100 are currently unemployed. So starting from today, the unemployment rate is 10% (10/100). Tomorrow, there will be 103 people of working age and 92 jobs available, giving us an employment rate of 10.67% (11/103). The day after that the unemployment rate will be 11.32% (12/106). And so on and so forth for every day.

In your world view, this constitutes a good thing because even though unemployment is rising and every day there are a growing number of people who don't have work, there are more jobs being created. Of course, this doesn't happen in real life because more people are dropping out of the labor market faster than more people are entering the market. If the unemployment rate calculated discouraged workers, you would see the exact above happen. The bottom line is that anyone with a quarter of a brain could see the above is not a good thing. If you are not adding more jobs than the number of people who enter the labor market, THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE-- BOTH IN ABSOLUTE NUMBERS AND AS A PERCENTAGE-- WHO DON'T HAVE JOBS.

6.) The part about the deficit is a flat out LIE.

7.) And lest I forget, how is Libya doing?

Last edited:
The Sept unemployment will get cooked to the magical 7.9 - which will cause a 5% bounce for Obama.

And the debates will come out about even. (except if Romney does a Reagan and hits a home run) But Obama sucked in the 2008 dem debates and still won.

the pits

a terrible president

Don't pay any attention to the NATIONAL media polls right now. Just like Carter/Reagan they are over polling democrats to republicans in them to manipulate a close race.

CNN is grabbing political headlines tonight with the release of its latest poll. It shows Obama surging to a 6-point lead over Romney, 52-46, among likely. Before the start of the Democrat convention, the candidates had been tied in the poll. Since it purportedly confirms a narrative the media is trying to build, i.e. that Obama is starting to pull away with the race, it is getting wide coverage. However, there are a couple of strange things within the poll that cast doubt on its veracity. And, at least one concern warrants a response from CNN.

First, this being a media poll, it has an obvious skew towards Democrats. The partisan breakdown is (D/R/I) 50/45/5. It perhaps isn’t surprising that Obama is leading a D+5 poll by 6 points. Throughout the campaign season, Obama’s margin usually is very close to the partisan skew in the sample. It is surprising, though, that Independents make up only 5% of the sample. Tellingly, Romney leads this group by 14 points.
CNN manipulated their polling | Education News

This is going to continue up until election eve--and they do it for a reason. If they told you that Obama was going to get blown out of this race now--no one would donate another dime to his reelection campaign--and more importantly the polling agencies would lose their advertisers because no one would be watching the polls.

Pay attention the internal polling data--that's what the campaigns look at--and those look very bad for Obama.

August jobs report is HORRIBLE.
August jobs report: hiring down, unemployment falls - Sep. 7, 2012
60+% disapprove of the way Obama has handled the economy and deficit.
60% Disapprove of Obama's Handling of Economy: Gallup - CNBC
Romney leads with independents by 14 points.
Romney extends lead among Independents to 14 percent | RedState
Women are moving to Romney
Poll: Mitt Romney Making Headway With Women Voters - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)
Obama is losing support among Hispanics--blacks and the youth vote.
Obama losing support even among black and Hispanic voters, poll shows - NYPOST.com

And this University of Colorado historic study--has already called this race for Romney--and they have been right since 1980.
CU-Boulder study predicts win for Mitt Romney in general election - Boulder Daily Camera

118121_600.jpg

Yeah, I'm not very worried now. Obama is going to have a real problem getting voters out to the polls. It's real hard to get behind a guy who had lied to you every step of the way --- and although dems know the liberal talking points, deep down they realize how bad their savior has been. Talk about an unmotivated base...

Relax. Carter was winning at this point too.

But Romney doesnt have The Gippers charisma, or resumee.

He seems wooden.

Romney's got the resume--it's our community organizer-(whatever that is)-with rock star--celebrity status that doesn't have a resume. Obama has never worked a single day in his life in the private sector.

President Bill Clinton veered sharply off message Thursday, telling CNN that Mitt Romney's business record at Bain Capital was "sterling."

"I don't think that we ought to get into the position where we say 'This is bad work. This is good work,'" Clinton said. "The man who has been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold."

Clinton also went on to say that Romney's time at Bain Capital represented a "good business career."
Bill Clinton: Mitt Romney's business record 'sterling' - POLITICO.com
Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After Friday's horrible jobs report--Clint Eastwood stated: " Barack Obama is the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the American population"--and he's right.
August jobs report: hiring down, unemployment falls - Sep. 7, 2012

obama-economy.jpg

Last edited:

the pits

a terrible president

You’re entitled to your opinion, however unsupported, subjective, and partisan.

the pits

a terrible president

You’re entitled to your opinion, however unsupported, subjective, and partisan.

...and true.

Lefties calling other partisan -- now that is funny stuff.

Forum List

Back