I'm depressed

It's awesome. I loved it.

Massive battle with giant starships.

Brief clips of dialogue interspersing long extended action scenes.

Blasters.

Light Sabres.

Obi vs. Anakin

Darth Vader with the trademarked 'force choke'.

I loved it. It's awesome.

What's more, the bad guy wins.

emperor11.jpg

I mean, does it get any better than that?

Zhukov said:
It's awesome. I loved it.

Massive battle with giant starships.

Brief clips of dialogue interspersing long extended action scenes.

Blasters.

Light Sabres.

Obi vs. Anakin

Darth Vader with the trademarked 'force choke'.

I loved it. It's awesome.

What's more, the bad guy wins.

emperor11.jpg

I mean, does it get any better than that?

Truly is the "Revenge of the Sith." It also makes "Return of the Jedi" that much more meaningful now.

Without giving too much away, I've heard a lot of people saying that Vader has a line of dialogue near the end that's so overacted, it ruined the movie. What'd you guys think of that? (hopefully you know what i'm talking about)

I know what you're talking about.

It's not so much a line as it is a single word.

It is kinda silly.

It doesn't ruin the movie. Not for me.

Don't get me wrong, if you want a well acted movie watch something else.

Personally, that isn't what I went to see.

Dan said:
Without giving too much away, I've heard a lot of people saying that Vader has a line of dialogue near the end that's so overacted, it ruined the movie. What'd you guys think of that? (hopefully you know what i'm talking about)

Do you remember the Empire Strike's back, as Luke finds out Vader is his father?

That was the worst acting in any of the movies so far, "Noooooooooooooooo!"

Well, let's be honest here, the acting and dialogue never was the strong point of SW movies. In my opinion, in the original trilogy, only Harrison Ford and Alec Guiness seemed like they were truly inhabiting that world and not just acting like they were.

As for the new ones, I've seen about 20 minutes of ep. I and I've seen ep. II, and the only person who really seemed to do good in those was Ewan McGregor. But like you said, it's not really about the acting, and Luke's "noooooooo" in Empire was one of the goofier lines in cinema, but let's be honest, so was "Luke... I am your father." I think a lot of times we see these movies (original trilogy) with rose-colored glasses.

Dan said:
Well, let's be honest here, the acting and dialogue never was the strong point of SW movies. In my opinion, in the original trilogy, only Harrison Ford and Alec Guiness seemed like they were truly inhabiting that world and not just acting like they were.

As for the new ones, I've seen about 20 minutes of ep. I and I've seen ep. II, and the only person who really seemed to do good in those was Ewan McGregor. But like you said, it's not really about the acting, and Luke's "noooooooo" in Empire was one of the goofier lines in cinema, but let's be honest, so was "Luke... I am your father." I think a lot of times we see these movies (original trilogy) with rose-colored glasses.

Yes Vader's "NOOOOOO" was way cheesier. but it didnt ruin it for me. as you said, dialogue was not lucas' strong suit. But the story rocks. sorry for this scrambled mess of a post.

Forum List

Back