I'm curious how this would play out

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
Lets reverse the situation for a hypothetical:

John McCain - Harvard Law school Grad, Columbia Undergrad, spent time as a community organizer before entering the state Senate, then the Federal Senate,

Sara Palin - J.D Syracuse Law, 35 years in the Senate(one of the youngest ever), considered by many to be an expert in foreign affairs

And

Barack Obama - Grad from the Navy 894 out of 899. Been in the Senate for 25 years,

Joe Biden -, the mayor of a small town in Delaware, then 18 months as the Governor of Delaware,

And lets, for hypothetical(and since this election had become Palin vs Obama) purposes say that it was Obama who came out with 5 kids and one was a 17 yr old, unwed pregnant daughter, what would the discussion be then?

I tend to believe that a white woman with the same family dynamic that Sara Palin has is considered "courageous" while a black man/woman in the same situation would be looked at as "unfit" or "typical" and I think that she would receive alot more crap about being 44 yrs old having a child knowing that the stats seriously increase of that child having birth problems(like for example DS)

Thoughts

Thoughts? This is retarded.

Lets try another one,shall we.

The Democrats are all conservatives and the Republicans are ultra left wing nuts.

The Democrats run a liberal for President and the Republicans run an ultra liberal for President, wonder how that would play out.

Thoughts? This is retarded.

Lets try another one,shall we.

The Democrats are all conservatives and the Republicans are ultra left wing nuts.

The Democrats run a liberal for President and the Republicans run an ultra liberal for President, wonder how that would play out.

What? I switched the sociological aspects of it, not the ideologies and I'm retarded?

I know its very hard for you military men to see anything about people outside of just shooting them, but for us educated people we tend to look at those little "sociological" aspects

My thoughts are that Obama and Biden are more qualified to be POTUS and seem to be better educated etc.

I don't think McCain is running on those sorts of qualifications, though. He seems to be running on maverickyness and cutting spending, but he is a bit late to the 'change' game. He used to run on experience but threw that out.

big daddy wrote:
I know its very hard for you military men to see anything about people outside of just shooting them, but for us educated people we tend to look at those little "sociological" aspects

This is a fairly disgusting statement...especially to be made because someone objected to a silly hypothetical post. I understand that you may not have approved of RGS's post...but to imply that those serving or who have served in the military think only of shooting people and are not as "educated" as you...says far more about you than it does about RGS.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

John McCain - Harvard Law school Grad, Columbia Undergrad, spent time as a community organizer before entering the state Senate, then the Federal Senate,

Sara Palin - J.D Syracuse Law, 35 years in the Senate(one of the youngest ever), considered by many to be an expert in foreign affairs

And

Barack Obama - Grad from the Navy 894 out of 899. Been in the Senate for 25 years,

Joe Biden -, the mayor of a small town in Delaware, then 18 months as the Governor of Delaware,

And lets, for hypothetical(and since this election had become Palin vs Obama) purposes say that it was Obama who came out with 5 kids and one was a 17 yr old, unwed pregnant daughter, what would the discussion be then?

I tend to believe that a white woman with the same family dynamic that Sara Palin has is considered "courageous" while a black man/woman in the same situation would be looked at as "unfit" or "typical" and I think that she would receive alot more crap about being 44 yrs old having a child knowing that the stats seriously increase of that child having birth problems(like for example DS)

Thoughts

Why didn't you just say what you mean in the first place instead of running around the mulberry bush. White people are racist!

big daddy wrote:

This is a fairly disgusting statement...especially to be made because someone objected to a silly hypothetical post. I understand that you may not have approved of RGS's post...but to imply that those serving or who have served in the military think only of shooting people and are not as "educated" as you...says far more about you than it does about RGS.

So its ok for him to call me retarded, but when I respond to that stating that military men tend to look at things in "black and white" ways, I'm disgusting? Wow, I love the hypocrisy

And

Thoughts

I think you're right as rain, dude.

Why didn't you just say what you mean in the first place instead of running around the mulberry bush. White people are racist!

No, thats not what I'm saying, I'm talking about the different standards we have for different people

big daddy wrote:
So its ok for him to call me retarded, but when I respond to that stating that military men tend to look at things in "black and white" ways, I'm disgusting? Wow, I love the hypocrisy

There is no hypocrisy here...just you bashing all those serving or who have served in our armed forces as uneducated killers because you're pouty that some big bad meanie called you names.

You're a big boy, if you disagree with a poster or are angry that he insulted you I have no doubt that you can defend yourself. If I'm wrong, and you need a 5 foot 1 inch 100lb girl to defend you then let me know...and anytime someone calls you a nasty name I'll try to make sure I tell them to stop because you can't defend yourself.

What you did, however, was not defend yourself, but rather attack thousands of men and women (my husband included) who have served this nation honorably...all because you were upset about being called a name. It isn't hypocrisy to point that out....but it is pathetic that you did it in the first place.

In the future...stick to attacking the person who made the comment...not the members of our military who fight and die to give you the right to be such a schmuck.

I'd like to note that the retarded are usually more sensitive than former military members.

bigdaddy, I think if Obama had an unwed pregnant daughter it would be attributed to the blackness of their skin, in all honesty.

Ravi Wrote:
bigdaddy, I think if Obama had an unwed pregnant daughter it would be attributed to the blackness of their skin, in all honesty.

I agree that it would have probably been viewed differently by many Americans...and I'll take it further and say I think that several of the prominent Right-Wing Radio hosts, a la Limbaugh...would be making thinly veiled remarks about Michelle and Barack's parenting skills and morality...instead of the praise and admiration they heaped on Todd and Sarah Palin.

big daddy wrote:

There is no hypocrisy here...just you bashing all those serving or who have served in our armed forces as uneducated killers because you're pouty that some big bad meanie called you names.

You're a big boy, if you disagree with a poster or are angry that he insulted you I have no doubt that you can defend yourself. If I'm wrong, and you need a 5 foot 1 inch 100lb girl to defend you then let me know...and anytime someone calls you a nasty name I'll try to make sure I tell them to stop because you can't defend yourself.

What you did, however, was not defend yourself, but rather attack thousands of men and women (my husband included) who have served this nation honorably...all because you were upset about being called a name. It isn't hypocrisy to point that out....but it is pathetic that you did it in the first place.

In the future...stick to attacking the person who made the comment...not the members of our military who fight and die to give you the right to be such a schmuck.

Wow, I got an idea, how about you just not respond to my thread's cause you and I are totally different in our thinking. Secondly, you TOTALLY exaggerated what I meant, cause I'm not like your boy McCain, it takes a hell of a lot more to "hurt my feelings" as Grandpa said:clap2:

Last, If the military as a whole wants to change the perception of them, then stop voting Republican every election because they reinforce(in the military) the perception that Dem's are pussy's. That, my friend(lol), is narrow minded/black-white thinking.

4th - stop using the fact that we're in Iraq to protect my freedom cause thats the same Bullshit line that Bush tried to sell. Personally, like my cousin, I'd be voting for Obama because you know he'd wait until the last option before he would go to war. Our troops are NOT in IRAQ to protect our freedom, they're their to protect Bush/Chaney's wallet

I'd like to note that the retarded are usually more sensitive than former military members.

Absolutely, and the right wing racial hypocrisy shows itself again

Forum List

Back