I'm craving......

krispy kreme glazed donut ...nuke for 10 secs...topped with a scoop of excellent vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup

Ack, my stomach is too weak in the morning for such rich food. :D Coffee and a piece of toast with raspberry jam for me.

Raspberry jam is my favorite also!!! :)
I had a friend give me some she made from scratch. Yummy!

Have you ever tried prickly pear jelly? We used to have it all the time when I was a kid, because my grandmother made her own.

Nope! Sounds good! I will ask my friend if she makes that! I prefer jams over jellies (easier to spread....)
But love all kinds. Raspberry is just my favorite flavor of all!

You have to have the fruit of a prickly pear cactus. It's the only jelly I know for which making it is an extreme sport.

krispy kreme glazed donut ...nuke for 10 secs...topped with a scoop of excellent vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup

Ack, my stomach is too weak in the morning for such rich food. :D Coffee and a piece of toast with raspberry jam for me.

Have you ever tried prickly pear jelly? We used to have it all the time when I was a kid, because my grandmother made her own.

Nope! Sounds good! I will ask my friend if she makes that! I prefer jams over jellies (easier to spread....)

You have to have the fruit of a prickly pear cactus. It's the only jelly I know for which making it is an extreme sport.

I've never had prickly pear cactus. What does it taste like?

I think of it as somewhere between apple and raspberry, in that it always struck me as a more berryish flavor, but milder the way apple is. The texture of the jelly is more like raspberry, but without the little hard particles in it. You can order it online.

Interestingly, you can eat the cactus itself as well as the fruit, so long as you prepare it properly. Spines in one's food is not good.

Raclette
Harvested a bunch of baby red potatoes, perfect for this, minus the pickle.

Raclette2.jpg

Raclette - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
I have never heard of that before but it looks amazing to me. With the pickle, the onions, the whole shebang.

I think of it as somewhere between apple and raspberry, in that it always struck me as a more berryish flavor, but milder the way apple is. The texture of the jelly is more like raspberry, but without the little hard particles in it. You can order it online.

Interestingly, you can eat the cactus itself as well as the fruit, so long as you prepare it properly. Spines in one's food is not good.
Hahaha the little hard particles in raspberry jelly are seeds and they're a PIA.

I'm craving tator tots with something sinful on them. Cheese, chili...maybe both. or just loads of salt and ketchup, if they're crunchy. I know what I'm having for dinner. I have velveeta even...I got it on sale a while back at grocery outlet, lol.

Something like this..but not enough to feed a small country:

Cheesy Potatoes - Recipe - Cooks.com

And I'm going to skip the cube of butter. I already ate my quota cube of butter today.

Or wait! I have bacon!

cheddar-bacon-tots.jpg

Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots - Bacon Today

I'm craving a Fay Elberta peach. We only have two left...one for mr. boe and one for me.

:(

I don't think those flavored chips sound very good. Those weird flavored ice creams sound pretty nasty too, IMO. :D If I want bacon, I'll eat bacon, not ice cream.
I never understood why they think bacon needs to be in everything....

Does anyone else REALLY want to try the new Lays flavors? I think the Truffle Fries look really good.
The wedding reception I went to had a poll for the different types of lays...the biscuits and gravy is REALLY good!

See, I was going back and forth on those, because I figured that was something that could either be great or awful.

I don't think those flavored chips sound very good. Those weird flavored ice creams sound pretty nasty too, IMO. :D If I want bacon, I'll eat bacon, not ice cream.

Because a lot of people are bacon addicts.

I rather like sweets with bacon in them, because if it's done right, pork lends itself well to sweet flavors. It's why it works so well with fruit glazes.

I rather like sweets with bacon in them, because if it's done right, pork lends itself well to sweet flavors. It's why it works so well with fruit glazes.
Maybe in your taste buds, but not mine...

Maybe in your taste buds, but not mine...

The most disgusting thing I've heard of, salt and vinegar potato chip ice cream. :puke:

Forum List

Back