I'm craving......

Pineapple upside-down cake, baked in a cast iron skillet, with some of the brown sugar topping reaching an almost chewy stage. Yum.

pineapple-upside-down-cake.jpg

My mother used to make that all the time when I was a kid. Tastes so good, but unfortunately, I'm allergic to pineapple, so I always regretted it.

Now that I'm an adult and can make my own, I love it with peaches instead of pineapples.

Shepherd's Pie: Hero Hymn

This type of pie is a meat pie with a crust of mashed potatoes (source of information: Wikipedia).

I'm craving it, since it reminds me of...the Phantom (King Features Syndicate).

Why does shepherd's pie remind me of this comic book superhero?

The Phantom re-invents action. He roams the jungle but tackles crime syndicates. Shepherd's pie includes meat and potatoes (a standard American meal) but in pie form.

:afro:

I'm making a version of shepherd's pie tonight that uses tater tots in place of mashed potatoes. My family loves it. Probably the last heavy meal I'll be making until this heat dies down a bit.

Turtle Soup: Adventure America

How about turtle soup by Emeril Lagasse (Food Network)?

Turtles are a delicacy, and turtle soup is a guilty pleasure. Would you be willing to convert a cute turtle into a savory turtle soup?

Here's the radical Emeril recipe:

Turtle Soup (Emeril Lagasse)

carnage.jpg

Turtles are a delicacy, and turtle soup is a guilty pleasure. Would you be willing to convert a cute turtle into a savory turtle soup?

View attachment 44368

Nooo. I love turtles!

Me too. Have tons in our pond, and though a fair ways from it (for a turtle) they meander over here for food. Feed em about every other day at the pond, and will set out bread right in front of them if I see them foraging.

That said, I'd still eat them. Haven't yet, but not opposed to it. Most animals eat other animals. Isn't personal. :)

View attachment 44368

Nooo. I love turtles!

Me too. Have tons in our pond, and though a fair ways from it (for a turtle) they meander over here for food. Feed em about every other day at the pond, and will set out bread right in front of them if I see them foraging.

That said, I'd still eat them. Haven't yet, but not opposed to it. Most animals eat other animals. Isn't personal. :)

Maybe if I was starving, but I have no desire to eat a turtle. :D

A Monte Cristo sandwich, I am doing homework and wish it would just magically appear :lol:

What food are you craving?

Oh My Gosh I love a Monte Cristo sandwich! I have not had one in ages..... <sigh>... need to find a place that serves them locally..... I'm not a small town and I don't think anyone makes them here... :(

krispy kreme glazed donut ...nuke for 10 secs...topped with a scoop of excellent vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup

Ack, my stomach is too weak in the morning for such rich food. :D Coffee and a piece of toast with raspberry jam for me.

Raspberry jam is my favorite also!!! :)
I had a friend give me some she made from scratch. Yummy!

krispy kreme glazed donut ...nuke for 10 secs...topped with a scoop of excellent vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup

Ack, my stomach is too weak in the morning for such rich food. :D Coffee and a piece of toast with raspberry jam for me.

Have you ever tried prickly pear jelly? We used to have it all the time when I was a kid, because my grandmother made her own.

Have you ever tried prickly pear jelly? We used to have it all the time when I was a kid, because my grandmother made her own.

Nope! Sounds good! I will ask my friend if she makes that! I prefer jams over jellies (easier to spread....)
But love all kinds. Raspberry is just my favorite flavor of all!

Forum List

Back