I'm bored...so I thought I would have some fun...

GotZoom said:
From a movie with one of the funniest men ever!!

Roxanne / Steve Martin

Yes! One of my fav movies.

What do you think about Steve playing Inspector Clouseau in the new Pink Panther movie? My first reaction was, this won't work; you can't duplicate Peter Sellers, but then I thought, since it's Steve Martin, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

fuzzykitten99 said:
1.-Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie not the sucky TV show)
2.I don't know...do you Dan??
3.-Shawshank Redemption (good movie, can't stand Robbins tho)

Shawshank is one of my favorite movies despite Tim Robbins being the main character...

(forgot to add, 1 and 3 are right...)

Abbey Normal said:

What do you think about Steve playing Inspector Clouseau in the new Pink Panther movie? My first reaction was, this won't work; you can't duplicate Peter Sellers, but then I thought, since it's Steve Martin, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is more of a prop artist than a clumsy fool type. I don't think this will work. Peter Sellers did such a bang-up job attempting to replace him with a known quantity would be difficult. They should have used a new actor.

I don't like the idea of remakes at all, but I'll give Steve Martin the benefit of the doubt. Then again, he hasn't made a good comedy since, what, Bowfinger?

I'm more disturbed by the fact that the previews give more attention to Beyonce than Steve Martin.

And, oh....

Person 1: He ain't all there is he?
Person 2: He's there enough to be dancing with a pretty girl while we're sitting around pulling our tallywhackers.

Young Guns

Dan said:
I don't like the idea of remakes at all, but I'll give Steve Martin the benefit of the doubt. Then again, he hasn't made a good comedy since, what, Bowfinger?

I'm more disturbed by the fact that the previews give more attention to Beyonce than Steve Martin.

And, oh....

Young Guns

Yup. Another favorite of mine.

Abbey Normal said:

I am a Pink Panther fanatic so naturally, I'm not real crazy about remaking any of them. Clouseau is Sellers, Sellers is Clouseau. I hate they had to put Beyonce in it....as a draw for the younger crowd.

I'm going to see it. But I'm going to watch it as a movie with Steve Martin as a bumbling, French police detective.

Not as Steve Martin playing Clouseau.

GotZoom said:
I am though looking forward to seeing Kevin Kline and Jean Reno play their characters. I like both of them.

Have you seen Reno in The Big Blue (aka Le Grande Bleu)?

Awesome film, awesome part. He is a deep water free-diver, and it is set mainly in Italy.

Abbey Normal said:
Have you seen Reno in The Big Blue (aka Le Grande Bleu)?

Awesome film, awesome part. He is a deep water free-diver, and it is set mainly in Italy.

Oh yeah.....I try to catch anything that he is in.

And the Italian setting is just icing on the cake.

Some of the Italian scenes were filmed in Taormina, Siciliy. I went there about a half a dozen times when I lived there.

Simply beautiful.

Man, this thread died real quick-like! I'm bringing it back....

Character 1: Say, man, you got a joint?
Character 2: No, man, not on me.
Character 1: It'd be a lot cooler if you did, man.

Store Owner: Hey, how many times do I have to tell you? No shirt, no service. Get the hell out of my store, what do you think this is, Club Med?
Customer: It's called America, dude. Learn the rules.
Store Owner: 'Learn the rules'? No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
Customer: You also invented homos.

Character 1: God, you guys make me sick. What is this, a fucking feel good convention?
Character 2: Listen, we have a long journey ahead of us. It's importat we all get along. Now, you're hurting people's feelings. You're gonna have to find a more constructive way to express your anger.
Character 1: Okay. Well, fuck you. How's that for constructive?
Character 2: That's great. Now go to time out, mister.

Dan said:
Man, this thread died real quick-like! I'm bringing it back....

Character 1: Say, man, you got a joint?
Character 2: No, man, not on me.
Character 1: It'd be a lot cooler if you did, man.

Store Owner: Hey, how many times do I have to tell you? No shirt, no service. Get the hell out of my store, what do you think this is, Club Med?
Customer: It's called America, dude. Learn the rules.
Store Owner: 'Learn the rules'? No, YOU learn the rules. We Greeks invented democracy.
Customer: You also invented homos.

Character 1: God, you guys make me sick. What is this, a fucking feel good convention?
Character 2: Listen, we have a long journey ahead of us. It's importat we all get along. Now, you're hurting people's feelings. You're gonna have to find a more constructive way to express your anger.
Character 1: Okay. Well, fuck you. How's that for constructive?
Character 2: That's great. Now go to time out, mister.

i would have posted a few more, but my access to the internet is limited now that i have a different job (YAY!). i only have short access during breaks/lunch or home, and i have had limited time on the computer lately.

ok, first one is Dazed & Confused, classic movie
the other 2, i have no idea...i think the 2nd is Ghost World, but I only saw that movie 2x, but the phrase sounds familiar.

my 3 for you:

1. "Thirty seven?!" (makes slurping noises)
2."That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously. Stopping the flick isn't gonna stop that."
3. "Listen, not a year goes by, not a year, that I don't hear about some escalator accident involving some bastard kid which could have easily been avoided had some parent - I don't care which one - but some parent conditioned him to fear and respect that escalator."

Yep, you're right about the first two. The third one, I didn't think anybody would get, it's Cannibal the Musical, Trey Parker and Matt Stone's first movie.

As for yours....

1. Clerks
2. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
3. Mallrats

I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, so those were sorta easy for me.

Dan said:
Yep, you're right about the first two. The third one, I didn't think anybody would get, it's Cannibal the Musical, Trey Parker and Matt Stone's first movie.

As for yours....

1. Clerks
2. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
3. Mallrats

I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan, so those were sorta easy for me.
i figured you would get those-i love most of his movies too. I thought the first one was a bit more obscure, being only 2 words...

ok...here are 3 more:

1. "...A cat? Is that what they told you? It looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me."
2. "Fix your boobs! You look like a bleedin' Picasso!"
3. "Why should I agree to swap one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away?"

Forum List

Back