IM being cheated on high speed!!

also i have a network set up with 3 computers and my dish reciever using the connection

all high speed internet provides are ripping us off

Why's that? Because they make a profit off of a service they provide? It's not a necessity, it's a luxury. If you don't want to pay for the service, don't use the service.

I get so sick and fucking tired of people bitching about the price of luxuries.

i refer to it ..as the high cost of excess..thank you...

• Thanks
Reactions: del
all high speed internet provides are ripping us off

Why's that? Because they make a profit off of a service they provide? It's not a necessity, it's a luxury. If you don't want to pay for the service, don't use the service.

I get so sick and fucking tired of people bitching about the price of luxuries.

i refer to it ..as the high cost of excess..thank you...

JSanders is right actually, the "need" is an illusion, though from what I hear there are places where they are trying to push it too much (all in the name of protecting the environment, another part of a real scam) but internet connection, high speed or otherwise, isn't a scam. It's a luxury, and like all luxuries they could charge whatever people are willing to pay for, that's just business, and that's how it should be.

alrightie..here is my bitch with my high speed provider...for over 3 days i have been unable to upload pictures...so i call tech...they go on and on about bandwidth...i mention i do not pay for bandwidth...i pay for high speed service that i am not getting....i do all these speed tests which simply prove i do not have high speed .... now i am paying for high speed....24/7 not just in the slow times etc...so yea i am bitching about paying for high speed and getting dial up..i dont mind paying for luxuries ...but i sure do mind paying for a silk purse and getting a sow's ear

alrightie..here is my bitch with my high speed provider...for over 3 days i have been unable to upload pictures...so i call tech...they go on and on about bandwidth...i mention i do not pay for bandwidth...i pay for high speed service that i am not getting....i do all these speed tests which simply prove i do not have high speed .... now i am paying for high speed....24/7 not just in the slow times etc...so yea i am bitching about paying for high speed and getting dial up..i dont mind paying for luxuries ...but i sure do mind paying for a silk purse and getting a sow's ear

First ... a couple questions with possible reasons:

Are you on a dedicated line (which costs more) or a common line?
1. If you are on a common line then your speed can be slowed by others using the line as well (which depletes available bandwidth) as the resources for that line must be divided among all using it.
2. If you are on a dedicated line then you are being shorted and the techie you talked to is another example of them hiring a moron to do a geeks job.

Is the server you are uploading to capable of handling the same speeds?
There is no real way to find the answer to this unless you have something like Ubuntu. In which case have your systems monitor displayed with the network graph showing, if your network graph does not go to the top when accessing the site but there is lag then it's the server which houses the site that's slow, not your connection. There is probably a way to do that in Windoze and Mac but I just haven't used those in a long time.

An important notice though, if you are using one of those online analyzers from any website other than your OS publishers site you will never get an accurate measurement ... they will likely try to sell you some of their "accelerator software" and are not likely to show you anything close to the actual speed you are getting. Oh, and if you are doing this, I recommend a malware detection and removal scan immediately.

hughesnet ...no phone line...no one sharing....the geeks are in india...i feel sorry for them..trying to do their jobs and all
um, hughes net is "NOT" that high speed
it uses satelite uplink and downlink which will do better than dialup, but in no way can it compete with DSL or Cable
it is a choice of last resort(meaning you cant get either cable or DSL)

hughesnet ...no phone line...no one sharing....the geeks are in india...i feel sorry for them..trying to do their jobs and all
it uses satelite uplink and downlink which will do better than dialup, but in no way can it compete with DSL or Cable

bingo bango

exactly...but they are not delivering at the speeds promised....the pages at work load so fast..i dont realize they have reloaded with i refresh....that is what i want...so i can chat faster ..thats the ticket

o thanks divecon ...i always felt like a 2nd class citizen for having dial up for so long...then i got hughes....it is so much better...but then you...and your ilk have real high speed...now i just feel all slow again....the low shoulder on the internet highway

o thanks divecon ...i always felt like a 2nd class citizen for having dial up for so long...then i got hughes....it is so much better...but then you...and your ilk have real high speed...now i just feel all slow again....the low shoulder on the internet highway

Damn ... sucks to be you.

bingo bango

exactly...but they are not delivering at the speeds promised....the pages at work load so fast..i dont realize they have reloaded with i refresh....that is what i want...so i can chat faster ..thats the ticket
at work you likely have a higher speed connection
what you need to do is run speedtests, see if you are getting what you are paying for
it depends on the package you bought
if you got the 256K package, you should see downloads in the range of 200K
you uploads will be slower

Forum List

Back