IM being cheated on high speed!!

sarahgop

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2009
i have cox high speed. its the lowest high speed 768. last night i did a test and it was 1111kb/285kb. this morning its 645/260. what is going on?

i have cox high speed. its the lowest high speed 768. last night i did a test and it was 1111kb/285kb. this morning its 645/260. what is going on?

Looks like you're being screwed.

ARe you on cable or DSL?

I ask because a lot of people I knew who were on DSL complained that as more people joined that service their speed slowed down.

Looks like you're being screwed.

ARe you on cable or DSL?

I ask because a lot of people I knew who were on DSL complained that as more people joined that service their speed slowed down.

i am on cox cable.

Then call them and ask them to check your modem.

This happened to me a few months back, too.

New modem, and the problem was gone.

Are you using a splitter? I had a horrible problem with my DSL. It's slow as a wet week here in Australia because of our crappy infrastructure and some bullshit with a monopoly communications company that owns all the wires but it was as slow as dial-up a while ago. I hadn't been throttled back by my provider so I took a guess and replaced the splitter with a new and more efficient one. That did the trick.

i dont think i have a splitter. i know when the cable man was here he was going to install a splitter because he didnt have enough cable but i made him come back out when he did. i have a separate line for the cable and a separate line for the high speed.

i dont think i have a splitter. i know when the cable man was here he was going to install a splitter because he didnt have enough cable but i made him come back out when he did. i have a separate line for the cable and a separate line for the high speed.

Okay, not a splitter then. Consensus seems it might be modem problem.

Then call them and ask them to check your modem.

This happened to me a few months back, too.

New modem, and the problem was gone.
actually, its the cable system that will slow down as more customers are added
the DSL would only slow down if they have over sold the bandwidth to the local telco CO where the DSLAM is located

this could possibly be the time of day you run your tests and how many people are actually using the internet on the blade you are on
and getting 645k on a 768k system is not out of line
you will lose about 8% due to internet overhead

thanks for the advice. this morning it is 972/285. it keeps changing.

all high speed internet provides are ripping us off

Why's that? Because they make a profit off of a service they provide? It's not a necessity, it's a luxury. If you don't want to pay for the service, don't use the service.

I get so sick and fucking tired of people bitching about the price of luxuries.

getting back on topic i called cox cable because now my cable tv is blurry and the high speed lost connection for awhile. they think its an amplifier in a green box outside thats bad and will fix it.

getting back on topic i called cox cable because now my cable tv is blurry and the high speed lost connection for awhile. they think its an amplifier in a green box outside thats bad and will fix it.
that could have a lot to do with it
if that really is the problem

Forum List

Back