I'm beginning to understand...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I'm beginning to understand why Muslim leaders are reluctant to condemn the extremists in their fold.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A moderate Muslim cleric who denounced suicide attacks as forbidden by Islam was killed Friday in a suicide attack on his mosque in Lahore, authorities said. Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi was the first imam in Pakistan to issue a fatwa, or religious edict, against suicide attacks in Pakistan.

Blast kills cleric who denounced suicide attacks - CNN.com

I'm beginning to understand why Muslim leaders are reluctant to condemn the extremists in their fold.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- A moderate Muslim cleric who denounced suicide attacks as forbidden by Islam was killed Friday in a suicide attack on his mosque in Lahore, authorities said. Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi was the first imam in Pakistan to issue a fatwa, or religious edict, against suicide attacks in Pakistan.

I don't know what the problem is, I mean since the percentage of 'radical' Islamists is so small compared to the total muslim population, if all of the non-radical clerics spoke out as this poor gentleman did, only a small percentage of them would be killed ot blown up. The odds are with them according to the statistics. :razz:

• Banned
I'm not sure if there are any reliable statistics in this case. But the odds are certainly with them according to the rhetoric. :eek:

Well... sure...

And naturally, as a result, the Americans should pretend that all is well and that the moderate Muslims all agree with us... and... if we just concede to their demands and except them into our culture, they'll naturally, EVENTUALLY, SOMEHOW... come to resist the urge to cow to the extremists... at some unknown point, int he future.

So let's send Hamas another billion, give Iran the means it needs to secure Nuclear weapons, put Israel in THEIR PLACE and be sure to protect the RIGHTS of those Muslims fighting US troops, by Mirandizing them at the point of 'arrest'... which is not to say: CAPTURE... return from a 'war footing' to a pre-9-11 LAW ENFORCEMENT action and try each and every 'detainee' with the full civil protections provided by the US Constitution... preventing ANYONE in the US Military from culling form them, intelligence necessary to secure a victory in the on going battle against them... Because AFTER ALL... SOME OF THEM ARE AGAINST TERRORISM... (They just can't say so, because the extremist will KILL THEM... ((But they're really 'with us')))

To be honest Mani... I don't see any signs of you understanding MUCH!

Last edited:

Well... sure...

And naturally, as a result, the Americans should pretend that all is well and that the moderate Muslims all agree with us... and... if we just concede to their demands and except them into our culture, they'll naturally, EVENTUALLY, SOMEHOW... come to resist the urge to cow to the extremists... at some unknown point, int he future.

So let's send Hamas another billion, give Iran the means it needs to secure Nuclear weapons, put Israel in THEIR PLACE and be sure to protect the RIGHTS of those Muslims fighting US troops, by Mirandizing them at the point of 'arrest'... which is not to say: CAPTURE... return from a 'war footing' to a pre-9-11 LAW ENFORCEMENT action and try each and every 'detainee' with the full civil protections provided by the US Constitution... preventing ANYONE in the US Military from culling form them, intelligence necessary to secure a victory in the on going battle against them... Because AFTER ALL... SOME OF THEM ARE AGAINST TERRORISM... (They just can't say so, because the extremist will KILL THEM... ((But they're really 'with us')))

... so... No snappy comebacks?

Well... sure...

So how exactly would YOU handle the situation, Publi? Should another country (say, the United States) intervene in a possible civil war among 'good' muslims and 'bad' muslims? And where would that civil war be carried out? On whose soil?

Your entire comment is all rant, offering nothing. It's impossible to declare "victory" against terrorism, which is a method, an intangible "enemy."

Well... sure...

So how exactly would YOU handle the situation, Publi? Should another country (say, the United States) intervene in a possible civil war among 'good' muslims and 'bad' muslims? And where would that civil war be carried out? On whose soil?

Your entire comment is all rant, offering nothing. It's impossible to declare "victory" against terrorism, which is a method, an intangible "enemy."

Oh sis you don't even WANT TO KNOW how this world would look today, if I had been the President of the US on 9-11...

But suffice it to say, that we'd have had total victory over the Muslim world MANY years ago... and the Middle East would be in effect, a spanking new Chevron Station...

I believe in American Exceptionalism sis... and exceptional would be the word I'd use to define how I'd have handled it... I'm sure you'd prefer any of a litanny of other, less flattering words... most of which would rhyme "Schmucking Schmashism..." and I wouldn't give a red rats ass what you thought about it... born out and supported by the fact that that's how I felt about it then and how I feel about it today.

But the President took a kindler gentler approach and we're paying for it in SPADES...

Well... sure...

Oh sis you don't even WANT TO KNOW how this world would look today, if I had been the President of the US on 9-11...

But suffice it to say, that we'd have had total victory over the Muslim world MANY years ago... and the Middle East would be in effect, a spanking new Chevron Station...

I believe in American Exceptionalism sis... and exceptional would be the word I'd use to define how I'd have handled it... I'm sure you'd prefer any of a litanny of other, less flattering words... most of which would rhyme "Schmucking Schmashism..." and I wouldn't give a red rats ass what you thought about it... born out and supported by the fact that that's how I felt about it then and how I feel about it today.

But the President took a kindler gentler approach and we're paying for it in SPADES...

*imagines a nuclear wasteland on half the globe and hazmat suits on the other*

*imagines a nuclear wasteland on half the globe and hazmat suits on the other*
That's a good little patriot.

Now, polish you flag lapel pin and read your Weakly Standard. :lol:

ROFLMNAO...

So no... there will be no snappy comebacks... just more of the same self righteous fiegning of moral equivilency, where the US is 'felt' to have 'deserved' 9-11...

And the 'measured response' drivel which has lead to precisely where we're at right now; with terrorists having risen to VICTIMS and the US itself funding the largest terrorist organization on earth with a BILLION FREAKIN' DOLLARS... as she prepares to turn her back on the oldest allie in the region which spawns our enemy and is busy lighting what remains of one of her few remaining industries ablaze... stomping on contracts which are in many cases nearly a CENTURY old...

Polish my lapel flag... my ass, DUDE.

Last edited:
There's no such thing as a moderate Muslim. Either they are intentionally lying to hide, or they are lying to themselves about what it means to be Muslim.

You can't be "a little bit" Muslim.

There are obviously varying degrees of ideological fanaticism among Muslims, just as among Christians. For example, we have the true ideologically fanatical Christian rightist, who's ready and willing to kill an abortion provider, and a lesser fanatic such as Allie, who approves of the deed but is too cowardly to admit such.

There are obviously varying degrees of ideological fanaticism among Muslims, just as among Christians. For example, we have the true ideologically fanatical Christian rightist, who's ready and willing to kill an abortion provider, and a lesser fanatic such as Allie, who approves of the deed but is too cowardly to admit such.

Not really... All Christians understand that an Abortionist has intentionally and unjustifiably taken the lives of the most inncoent human beings... and did so unapologetically...

Christians understand that such is anathema, to God and to Nature and to the sustainable principles that are our human rights.

All Christians understand that each event, with rare exception a direct and unambiguous strike at the human rights of each human being; that with each unjustified taking of those innocent lives a chip is removed from the foundation on which our common, mutual, equal rights rest... and every Christian understands that such is never acceptable, accept where that innocent life stands as a clear and present danger to the Mother's life and where it is reasonably believed that to carry the child that the result will be the death of both; that such is murder... Some Christians just lose their means to tolerate such... and take that which falls outside of their control into their own hands.

For which they are accountable to their Creator, to their culture and to themselves...

But all Christians share the burden of tolerating the intolerable and the angst of knowing that such tolerance could well come to back to us in eternal damnation... and trust that our vigilent contest of this cultural delusion will count to our favor; having patiently protested, and taken EACH and every opportunity to tell all who would listen... that to kill one's child, one whose entire existance depended upon YOU, who had no one else on this earth BUT YOU, to defend it and who you not only failed to protect, but KILLED IT BECAUSE IT WAS TOO MUCH TROUBLE... is the worst act any human being do in the scope of this life. falling FAR beyond the incomprehensible act of sexually or violently abusing a child, whose inherent trust, required you to protect it to the extent of your physical means.

That the former is legal and the less offensive latter illegal will forever be to the eternal shame of this generation of that which stands as the poorest example of that who are known as Americans...

Try and imagine all the Westboro Baptists that infected this place for a few days as Muslims, though instead of a few hundred of them, there are a few million as there are in Pakistan. If all the Islamic world saw of Christianity were the Westboro Baptists, systematically blowing up their political enemies and theological rivals (and shooting abortion doctors) and sending their own over to the Islamic world to blow up thousands of innocent people, then we would all understand how many of us view them.

Last edited:
That the former is legal and the less offensive latter illegal will forever be to the eternal shame of this generation of that which stands as the poorest example of that who are known as Americans...

Well, according to your similarly mendacious proclamations, I'm in favor of eliminating the inconsistency...in the wrong way. Isn't that right? :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back