I'm back,and I'm a homeowner!!!!!

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
Moved in this weekend,and you wouldn't believe what we had to go through for closing!!!!! I don't have much time now but will explain later. We love the house and Kevin cut the grass yesterday!!! What a thrill for the first time!!hehe I missed this board like crazy over the weekend,and am glad to be back even though I have tons to do!!! Check ya later! :D :D

Originally posted by -=d=-
btw, the thing you'll love most about being a homeowner is the tax break. :)

:D

Yep... and enjoy it while you can! if the dems have their way, that is another break they will take away!

Originally posted by krisy
Moved in this weekend,and you wouldn't believe what we had to go through for closing!!!!! I don't have much time now but will explain later. We love the house and Kevin cut the grass yesterday!!! What a thrill for the first time!!hehe I missed this board like crazy over the weekend,and am glad to be back even though I have tons to do!!! Check ya later! :D :D
Congrats! Take a deep breath and enjoy!!!!!

Thanks soooo much everyone! Friday was such a hard day. We were all set to close and a $2500 lien(sp?) pops up on the house! Turns out it was a mistake,because the house has been paid for since '90. Anyway,the owner either had to put the money in escrow till he came up with a receipt,or get the receipt quick. Apparently,the owners wife has mental problems and on medication. She was confused and crying and bring an ass.

They called closing off until next week. I was in tears,Kevin was furious. Then came our hero. The sellers real estate agent's father is a family friend of them and stepped in and got her to sign the papers she needed to sign. She didn't come to closing because she refused to leave her house. He had to go there.She apparently was fighting with her husband thatday and just decided to be an ass.Meanwhilecausingtears and chaos with everyone..

On top of all that,the mortgage co. figured the numbers wrong and we almost had to bring $1100 MORE dollars to closing. Thank God our guy fixed it. All worth it though,I'm so appreciative and happy to finally have a home!!!

The lien thing is REALLY maddening. Last summer, friends of ours Jon & Athena, bought their first house, and they were at the closing, and Athena was looking thru the HUD1 and noticed a 'misc city tax' for $900, and in this state, we don't have separate city taxes. It turns out that the previous owner didn't pay the water bills for some time, and the city tried to charge J&A. If Athena had not seen this on her docs, they would have had to dish out another $900 to pay the prev. owner's water bill.

Forum List

Back