Im at a loss for words

I wondered during the campaign run if Obama was really a moderate in liberal's clothing or a liberal in moderate's clothing.

He's a naive fool. Unfortunately, this foolishness will cost American lives.

He is a Marxist in Marxist clothing. He didn't hide it. People just refused to see it.

Sir, there is far more to this than merely Afghanistan. If it were not so there would have been no reason to go in in the first place no matter the provocation.

It is an interesting circumstance we find ourselves in. Interesting in the sense of the old Chinese, Yiddish, etc curse "May you live in interesting times" . You are correct in that over the long haul US firepower will not in and of itself resolve the situation. It will however provide the possibility of a resolution that might make the world a little more peaceable for the time being and push a nuclear holocaust a bit further away.

Bullshit Nuclear is the only way to deal with these people,do it first and end it cause as soon as they can they will do it to us.

Hey, who's that shaking hands with Saddam Hussein? Why, it's Donald Rumsfeld!

rumsfeld-hussein.jpg

David....so what if Obama meets with the head of the Taliban,or some other guy in the Organization,and of course shakes his hand,and a few years later,he is leading a very ruthless group of people killing,just because they can.....you do know that the photos of the hand shaking will be used just like your using the one with Rumsfuck....no one knows how these guys will turn out,Saddam at that time was not Saddam as we know him......

Sir, there is far more to this than merely Afghanistan. If it were not so there would have been no reason to go in in the first place no matter the provocation.

It is an interesting circumstance we find ourselves in. Interesting in the sense of the old Chinese, Yiddish, etc curse "May you live in interesting times" . You are correct in that over the long haul US firepower will not in and of itself resolve the situation. It will however provide the possibility of a resolution that might make the world a little more peaceable for the time being and push a nuclear holocaust a bit further away.

Bullshit Nuclear is the only way to deal with these people,do it first and end it cause as soon as they can they will do it to us.

Is this the, "Kill them all, and let God sort it out" solution? Hmmm, something is inherently wrong with that solution.

Is this the, "Kill them all, and let God sort it out" solution? Hmmm, something is inherently wrong with that solution.

Dam right its wrong just like Obama's raming the earmarks up our ass...Its wrong for sure but might be the only answer,

If we are thinking that American firepower is going to change the social dynamics of the people of Afghanistan, we're going to bog outsevles down in still another hopeless cause.

Get out!
and there it is folks
here we thought the libs actually supported the war in A-Stan
at least thats what they always claimed
:rolleyes:
if bush had never gone into Iraq, they would have pulled the exact same BULLSHIT with Afgahnistan

You people went around like madmen a few centuries ago killing all those who didn't believe in Christianity and converting the ones that were willing to change. Christianity didn't get 1 billion members to its religion by "spreading the Good News."

How do we get form a topic of Taliban to Christian bashing. Link proof of all the "killings" and what the basis was for these. I think that the Crusades topic was already covered earlier. While it is a easy strawman, Christianity's tennents do not include world domination through killing, conversion, or enslavement...Islam does. Christianity condems violence in the name of their religion so spare me the abortion clinic bombings, Oklahoma city and all the rest of the poor examples of how Christianity is just as bad.

While you are at it how about some links showing outrage from the Muslims for current bad deeds done in the name of Isalm. Show where they denounce these or just try to convince everyone what a peace loving religion it is.

As much as I believe they pose one of the greatest threats we've ever faced, I do not believe wiping them off the face of the Earth is the answer. I do think at some point, the free world may find it necessary to isolate these people to their own part of the world. If they want to believe all the crazy things they believe, let them. Just don't allow them to bring their ideology to our society and try to take it over by outpopulating us. This is where most of Europe made it's first mistake, by allowing so many of these people to immigrate to Europe in the first place.

Is it just me, but everytime I've read that headline yesterday, I just keep thinking 'moderate Taliban' is an oxymoron?

Yep, just like Hitler and Stalin were "moderate tyrants" ...... :eek:

I totally understand and I know some will say "look at his earlier threads" etc.

Obama mulls reaching out to moderate Taliban - NYT | Reuters

You dont mull SHIT ... what the fuck! The commander and chief have pow wows with terrioist?
If there was doubt during the campaign on this exact topic (if you read between the lines) why would you even touch it?

I am sorry to the ones I will offend, but he is in over his head and looking for a way out!

Umm: I don't think there is a thing that would be considered "moderate" Taliwacker.

If we are thinking that American firepower is going to change the social dynamics of the people of Afghanistan, we're going to bog outsevles down in still another hopeless cause.

Get out!

TELL Obama.

Agreed--I have no idea why he wants to send an additonal 17,000 troops to Afganistan. The violence is rare there. Yes occasionally there is a hot spot, but let's face it, we're never going to get rid of every single terrorist on earth.

What does he plan to do with an addtional 17,000 troops that a preditor drone couldn't do?

Jeff my boy It was nearly 900 years before the first self Identified Christian Army comes on the scene and until the Spanish iquisition some years after that no one was really engaged in coversion by the sword not in Christian circles anyway.

What we now call the Holy Land (It isn't but that is another thread) was a Chrsitian Jewish area until the Early 8th century when Jerusalem was first conquered by the followers of Islam during a driveby shortly following the conquest of Persia. Islam on the other hand began as an Army and its chief and only prophet was a general in that Army and didn't write the Koran until later. Said prophet was dead within five years of having written the Koran. For all practical purpose whther the Muslims like it or not the actual historic fact is that the Crusades were nothing so much as an ill conceived, poorly planned, poorly funded, attempt to Prop up the Byzantine empire and thereby save it from the various assaults that Islam had launched against it since the first time they encountered it.

I totally understand and I know some will say "look at his earlier threads" etc.

Obama mulls reaching out to moderate Taliban - NYT | Reuters

You dont mull SHIT ... what the fuck! The commander and chief have pow wows with terrioist?
If there was doubt during the campaign on this exact topic (if you read between the lines) why would you even touch it?

I am sorry to the ones I will offend, but he is in over his head and looking for a way out!

Obama claims this same strategy worked in Iraq when efforts were made to try and get Sunnis who were appalled at the tactics of Al Qaeda in Iraq -involved in the political process. But here is the problem for the nutjobs in ObamaLand who really seem to think that terrorists would stop targeting unarmed civilians for murder if we just tell them us infidels aren't so bad. LOL Talk about dangerously naive and unrealistic. This extremist element within Islam has existed for all but a few years since the birth of Islam. For Islam, peaceful coexistence with others has been the exception -not the rule.

1. The problem in Iraq was essentially a clash between Sunnis and Shi'ites -with Sunnis not just reluctant to lose control to the Shi'ite majority, but fearful it would be as lethal for them as it had been for Shi'ites under Sunni control. The Sunnis were not terrorists or terrorist sympathizers before the fall of Saddam and in the end they still weren't. It was essentially a sectarian clash between Muslims. And the Sunnis ended up opposing (and revolted by) Al Qaeda's tactics of targeting civilian Muslims for murder and their really nasty habit of videotaping themselves having a good time sawing off some infidel's head.

2. In Afghanistan the Taliban were terrorist sponsors, terrorist sympathizers and created a terrorist haven. They not only played host to Al Qaeda -the Taliban fully supported and still supports Al Qaeda and its agenda. I have news for Obama. There is not such thing as "moderate" Taliban. They aren't moderate when in Afghanistan and they sure aren't moderate in Pakistan either. They are Taliban because of their Islamofascist, extremist, woman-hating, forced conversion, head chopping, terrorist supporting, let's-create-a-real-hell-on-earth worldview in the first place.

Forum List

Back