CDZ I'm angry, most of us are - how do we bridge the divide and become one nation again?

is it even possible anymore?

Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of Patriots and tyrants from time to time

If I'm being honest, I'm almost there. Except I don't think we have a tyrant in charge, in fact, I'm THRILLED with our president.

There are many people, some whom I respect immensely, that are 180 degrees from where I am politically, that feel the same way.

14 years ago I won custody of a 13 month old baby girl & I was a small business owner starting out. Message boards became my social life & outlet - things are different now, I still have the girl and I still like message boards, but I'm in a better place.

But I have NEVER been this angry and ready for a fight.

Many of my friends on the left feel the same way.

So, how do we fix this?

OR are we at the point of no return?
Easy

The moderates need to take back America

America is being run from the extremes. There is no longer a political middle. Compromise is a crime

America was built on political compromise. The moderates of both parties need to abandon the extremists and form a coalition to make America great again

Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of Patriots and tyrants from time to time

If I'm being honest, I'm almost there. Except I don't think we have a tyrant in charge, in fact, I'm THRILLED with our president.

There are many people, some whom I respect immensely, that are 180 degrees from where I am politically, that feel the same way.

14 years ago I won custody of a 13 month old baby girl & I was a small business owner starting out. Message boards became my social life & outlet - things are different now, I still have the girl and I still like message boards, but I'm in a better place.

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

America is being run from the extremes. There is no longer a political middle. Compromise is a crime

America was built on political compromise. The moderates of both parties need to abandon the extremists and form a coalition to make America great again

Obama changed it with his pen and phone..

The "right" on the other hand are sometimes "preppers" or people living off the grid out in the middle of nowhere with their guns. Lol. Come on libs, follow your own memes, will ya?
Scroll to the bottom of the page and check out the links

Not sure if management is friendly to preppers if they just pay to promote here...

The "right" on the other hand are sometimes "preppers" or people living off the grid out in the middle of nowhere with their guns. Lol. Come on libs, follow your own memes, will ya?

Not sure if management is friendly to preppers if they just pay to promote here...

I have ad blocker on. :)

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

And what are YOU willing to compromise on?

It's about education. As long as the right wing is racist and determined to be both the laughingstock of the world and as ignorant as possible, the country will never unite. Not like the Democratic Party, a true coalition.
A true coalition?

Is that what you call demonizing white working class Americans?

Get real...

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

Obama was naive enough to believe he could work rationally with the Republicans. All he had to do was watch Fox News for forty minutes to realize it was futile

It's about education. As long as the right wing is racist and determined to be both the laughingstock of the world and as ignorant as possible, the country will never unite. Not like the Democratic Party, a true coalition.
A true coalition?

Is that what you call demonizing white working class Americans?

Get real...

They hate their fellow poor American citizens.

Compromise to the left means bowing to their wishes, even in how you think. Lol.
No it doesn't.

Just look at the tax reform negotiations under Obama. Dems were willing to offer up a tax package with a mix of spending cuts and tax increases which could be negotiated

The party of Grover Norquist refused any tax increases

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

Obama was naive enough to believe he could work rationally with the Republicans. All he had to do was watch Fox News for forty minutes to realize it was futile

Interesting that.. So you are saying Obama was a dictator...

So, how do we fix this?

You could try being an adult and control your emotions. Solutions to problems don't come from fighting.
You mean like by making an attempt to engage in serious discussion?

Why didn't I think of that...

:banghead:

It's an embedded link, you can see it with ad blocker...

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

I have always been willing to negotiate I have never voted a straight ticket in my life and have voted for both Republican and Democratic Presidents

I am willing to compromise spending cuts and tax rates
I am willing to compromise on gun control
I am willing to compromise on healthcare
I am willing to compromise on immigration

Your turn

It's an embedded link, you can see it with ad blocker...

I don't have anything at the bottom of my page. Are you talking about links in a post?

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

I have always been willing to negotiate I have never voted a straight ticket in my life and have voted for both Republican and Democratic Presidents

Your turn

You say you are willing to compromise but you give no specifics.

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

Your turn

What would you compromise about on gun control? (Federal government gun control is UNCONSTITUTIONAL). I am not willing to "compromise" my rights.

What would compromise about on immigration?

So, how do we fix this?

Easy

Your turn

Compromising now! Where were you with Obama care?

The American people have been more-or-less brainwashed into accepting an ideology that the few haves and the majority have-nots is acceptable, tolerable, and the American Way. The Federal Government is not trusted by nearly half the country, the Republicans, and they send conservative politicians to Congress in order to block legislation which is aimed at lifting the working class out of debt and poverty proposed by Democrats. Republicans are elected to block legislation aimed at ensuring the safety of children and innocent citizens from gun violence. They block funding for the working poor to be helped obtain abortions and reflect the Biblicism of fundamental Christians. They reduce funding for food at school, medical care, and help for the elderly. Not only do modern Republicans block progressive legislation, they promote the interests of bankers, financiers, the very wealthy, through tax breaks but the want taxes rolled-back so that the Federal and State governments cannot afford progressive programs. Republicans block organized labor to help the working class by promoting right-to-fire in the states and they depress wages by opposing a minimum wage which amounts to a living wage while adding to the national debt by funding anything the industrial military complex asks of them. Republicans are where the racists go; people who hate Blacks, Mexicans, Arabs, and have no desire to offer asylum to Muslims fleeing for their lives from war. Republicans think reciting jingoistic slogans is patriotism while they want to send American youth to foreign wars and then fail to fund help for sick, out-of-work, and needy veterans. In short, Modern Republicans have no concept of society and the onus on government to promote equality, not elitism. In short, Americans cannot be one nation and Republican at the same time.

Thank you for making the OP's point.
You make a post in a thread about how to bridge the divide by thoroughly showing an example of the division.
Congratulations.

So, how do we fix this?

You could try being an adult and control your emotions. Solutions to problems don't come from fighting.
You mean like by making an attempt to engage in serious discussion?

Why didn't I think of that...

:banghead:
I can see you need more work on your honesty.

Forum List

Back