CDZ I'm angry, most of us are - how do we bridge the divide and become one nation again?

Not worried about internal strife. Those who claim to be Angry return their elected representative about 90+% of the time. The #1 way a congressman/senator loses their job is retirement.

In short, those who are "angry" are frankly too dumb to know what they are fighting for.
No offense candy, but you have not yet demonstrated an ability to banter politely with me or anyone on the right that I have seen

I am not talking about voting patterns or the problems surrounding perpetual incumbancy - that problem persists in highly liberal areas just as much as it does in conservative enclaves

I am asking if there is still enough common ground for liberal and consevative Americans to join together in harmony and with a commonality of purpose

And if there is, where do we start?
The Progressives are always wanting the Repubs to "Reach across the isle" and it should be added and vote our way. The Repubs need to stop doing that and if for any reason they like the Bill being voted on just don't vote. The Progressive have had the majority so your reaching across the isle just weaklings the party. The Progressive "Deal making" has got to stop.

So what have Republicans gained by not reaching across the aisle?

Tax cuts?
Balanced Budget?
Their Healthcare Plan?
A Wall?

Not worried about internal strife. Those who claim to be Angry return their elected representative about 90+% of the time. The #1 way a congressman/senator loses their job is retirement.

In short, those who are "angry" are frankly too dumb to know what they are fighting for.
No offense candy, but you have not yet demonstrated an ability to banter politely with me or anyone on the right that I have seen

I am not talking about voting patterns or the problems surrounding perpetual incumbancy - that problem persists in highly liberal areas just as much as it does in conservative enclaves

I am asking if there is still enough common ground for liberal and consevative Americans to join together in harmony and with a commonality of purpose

The Progressives are always wanting the Repubs to "Reach across the isle" and it should be added and vote our way. The Repubs need to stop doing that and if for any reason they like the Bill being voted on just don't vote. The Progressive have had the majority so your reaching across the isle just weaklings the party. The Progressive "Deal making" has got to stop.

Tax cuts?
Balanced Budget?
Their Healthcare Plan?
A Wall?

I would think people who don’t know that the proper word is “weakens” are the ones who are weakening the Party.

Tax cuts?
Balanced Budget?
Their Healthcare Plan?
A Wall?

Do you really think working with the democrats they would agree to tax cuts to further Trump's agenda? To reach a budget that advances Trump's plans? Agree to Trump's new healthcare at the loss of their own? Agree to a wall they've spent the past 20 years blocking?

Then you are even dumber than I imagined.

Did you see the democrats reach across any aisles when they rammed Obamacare down our throats without a single republican? Were the democrats reaching across the aisle when they boycotted Trump's SOTU address and sat there arms folded over EVERY agenda no matter how much in the interest of our economy, military and safety? Where were the democrats reaching across the aisle when a bunch of them didn't even show up for the inauguration?

When a democrats says they want the GOP to reach across the aisle, it is only so that the GOP can meet them in their demands, nothing less. Democrats never reach across the aisle for anything.

Tax cuts?
Balanced Budget?
Their Healthcare Plan?
A Wall?

Do you really think working with the democrats they would agree to tax cuts to further Trump's agenda? To reach a budget that advances Trump's plans? Agree to Trump's new healthcare at the loss of their own? Agree to a wall they've spent the past 20 years blocking?

Then you are even dumber than I imagined.

Did you see the democrats reach across any aisles when they rammed Obamacare down our throats without a single republican? Were the democrats reaching across the aisle when they boycotted Trump's SOTU address and sat there arms folded over EVERY agenda no matter how much in the interest of our economy, military and safety? Where were the democrats reaching across the aisle when a bunch of them didn't even show up for the inauguration?

When a democrats says they want the GOP to reach across the aisle, it is only so that the GOP can meet them in their demands, nothing less. Democrats never reach across the aisle for anything.

Yes I do

In the last balanced budget debate, Democrats offered up $3 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases...Republicans refused
It was Republicans who walked away from the table in the healthcare debate
During Stimulus in 2009, Republicans demanded tax cuts as a major part of the package and state control........then they refused to vote for it

is it even possible anymore?

Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of Patriots and tyrants from time to time

If I'm being honest, I'm almost there. Except I don't think we have a tyrant in charge, in fact, I'm THRILLED with our president.

There are many people, some whom I respect immensely, that are 180 degrees from where I am politically, that feel the same way.

14 years ago I won custody of a 13 month old baby girl & I was a small business owner starting out. Message boards became my social life & outlet - things are different now, I still have the girl and I still like message boards, but I'm in a better place.

But I have NEVER been this angry and ready for a fight.

Many of my friends on the left feel the same way.

So, how do we fix this?

OR are we at the point of no return?

Live your life. Walk your dog. Pay your bills. No reason to be angry.

how do we bridge the divide and become one nation again?

For starters, end the labels. I notice half the people here have an unkind label for anyone they don't agree with! Just before, I heard the term on TV---- Alt-Left.

Alt-Left, Alt-Right, NeoCon------ labels, where do they end? Before a nation can heal, it has to stop dividing itself.

Free speech

Many of us have been wondering what it's going to take to get the ends of the spectrum to calm down the madness.

I have to admit - I allowed myself to wonder today, after the shooting at the softball field, that maybe this could be a turning point.

Well, that was silly of me. From USMB to Twitter, nothing has changed.

Thomas Jefferson said that the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of Patriots and tyrants from time to time

If I'm being honest, I'm almost there. Except I don't think we have a tyrant in charge, in fact, I'm THRILLED with our president.

There are many people, some whom I respect immensely, that are 180 degrees from where I am politically, that feel the same way.

14 years ago I won custody of a 13 month old baby girl & I was a small business owner starting out. Message boards became my social life & outlet - things are different now, I still have the girl and I still like message boards, but I'm in a better place.

So, how do we fix this?

It is the Elites that are brainwashing the ones that doesn't keep up with politics. They receives their information from what they heard from off the television. Most of them are mentally unstable. The Elites knows that , and use it towards their own advantages. It is instilled in their minds that the President is bad through their fake propaganda tactics. And so there is no way to wash this images that they had painted in their heads about the President. They knows that the first impressions sticks the hardest; especially people that cannot rationalize or reason with others. They are too stiff-neck, inflexible.The Elites owns or control the majority of the MSM and online discussion boards. They uses these media outlets to push their propaganda out there, since the majority are so gullible and trust in them as reliable sources, without questioning or fact-checking them.

A good start would be to accept Trump as POTUS because he was voted to be POTUS. Deal with it. Give him a fucking chance. Just like we gave Obama TWO chances via 8 years. Jeez. Stop seeing political party and see the bigger picture.
Make america great again. Stop the infighting. Protect ourselves from enemies that want us dead. Look out for our own. Stop being the world police. Love each other best we can AS americans.

But the hate is too strong and the media loves to stir the shit pot as much as they can and loonies go with the flow instead of thinking for themselves.

Many of us have been wondering what it's going to take to get the ends of the spectrum to calm down the madness.

I have to admit - I allowed myself to wonder today, after the shooting at the softball field, that maybe this could be a turning point.

Nothing ever changes after these shootings

People express their outrage, point fingers and then go beck to business as usual after a day or two

Tax cuts?
Balanced Budget?
Their Healthcare Plan?
A Wall?
The Progressives in the past 66 years have pushed more repression on this Nation and have called it Bi partisan by giving the other guys crumbs while pushing forward laws that they wanted. So reaching across the isle gets you a bloody stub.

So, how do we fix this?

It is the Elites that are brainwashing the ones that doesn't keep up with politics. They receives their information from what they heard from off the television. Most of them are mentally unstable. The Elites knows that , and use it towards their own advantages. It is instilled in their minds that the President is bad through their fake propaganda tactics. And so there is no way to wash this images that they had painted in their heads about the President. They knows that the first impressions sticks the hardest; especially people that cannot rationalize or reason with others. They are too stiff-neck, inflexible.The Elites owns or control the majority of the MSM and online discussion boards. They uses these media outlets to push their propaganda out there, since the majority are so gullible and trust in them as reliable sources, without questioning or fact-checking them.
next target.jpeg

People express their outrage, point fingers and then go beck to business as usual after a day or two
Except we don't have radical right wingers shooting Democrats...

Tax cuts?
Balanced Budget?
Their Healthcare Plan?
A Wall?
The Progressives in the past 66 years have pushed more repression on this Nation and have called it Bi partisan by giving the other guys crumbs while pushing forward laws that they wanted. So reaching across the isle gets you a bloody stub.
Ducked the question didn't ya?

What have Republicans accomplished?

Except we don't have radical right wingers shooting Democrats...

Dylan Roof was “mainstream”?

Remember how upset the libs were about that map with the pictures of targets on it? Lol. Now, they are scurrying like hungry squirrels to make excuses for one of their own whackos who acted out on the violent rhetoric they have been expressing since Trump won the election.

Forum List

Back