I'm an American, tried and true. These are things I believe in

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I've been admonished before in here for stating my opinions. These are clearly my opinions as to why I am Proud To Be An American and I apologise beforehand if anyone is offended:

1. Our constitutional forefathers were the wisest men ever gathered together in the history of mankind.

2. Our military defense is second to none and was never intended by our forefathers to be an institution of offense.

3. America presents the greatest opportunity in all the world for success or failure in our personal lives. It hasn't always been so and to some extent is not now. But we do indeed strive for that ideology. I say, Go America!!!!!!!! I think any oppressed would feel the same.

4. The American society is one of laws and our laws must be wise and equally enforced. Otherwise, they become punishments for those that can't afford competent defense and actual rewards or just troublesome for those that can.

5. The guarantee of "pursuit of happiness" is the most troubling amongst our population but we still love it but hate it as well. I know I believe it in the most broad sense.

6. Taxes, like laws, are sometimes contrary to our own aspirations. Both are necessary, however. It's only prudent to be observant as to how our taxdollars are spent. It's further necessary to be certain that we don't leave debts for our children and grandchildren to have to repay. Society should pay it's bills as it progresses. Leaving national debt for another political party or generation to address and then ridiculing them for addressing it is inane.

I'm really proud to be an American and I ain't leaving. My thoughts are at least as valuable as your own. I'm interested in your thoughts.

Forum List

Back