I'm allergic to the white of the egg but not the yolk and only boiled?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Why is it that I can't eat scrambled eggs, but I can eat a boiled egg but only the yolk, not the whites which contain most of the protein. Is this a common allergy?

The yolks contain most of the protein. I eat 2-5 eggs every single day, usually scrambled. Boiled eggs just give me gas.

• Banned
The yolks contain most of the protein. I eat 2-5 eggs every single day, usually scrambled. Boiled eggs just give me gas.

I don't eat that much but now I've got into weight lifting and I need to eat a lot to gain weight. I can't eat scrambled but I've tried a little before, it's good.

Be VERY careful, BIK, which vaccines you take: they used to use albumen (egg white) as a base to grow vaccine bacteria in, and people who are allergic to egg whites can have severe reactions from the injections.

My sister has an egg white allergy, too. Sometimes people outgrow it.

In the meantime, it's easy enough to separate the eggs, and just use the yolks. You can crumble them in a little white sauce (bechamel) and eat on toast, or mash them up into tuna salad or potato salad.....

• Banned
I haven't took vaccines for food allergies in years, if I accidentally eat egg whites I drink a can of Pepsi or coke to help it clear out. I know I'm allergic but I just don't get why I can eat the yolk and not the egg white.

I don't eat that much but now I've got into weight lifting and I need to eat a lot to gain weight. I can't eat scrambled but I've tried a little before, it's good.
You're prolly not gonna' gain weight eating eggs. Try bananas instead and maybe a protein drink in addition to your normal eating regimen.

What are your goals and what does your current Diet look like OP?

• Banned

You're prolly not gonna' gain weight eating eggs. Try bananas instead and maybe a protein drink in addition to your normal eating regimen.

What are your goals and what does your current Diet look like OP?

I don't really have a diet routine, I eat everything I see now, and the only way ill get muscle mass faster is through food, my trainer said it would be a much slower process if I don't eat enough. I'm looking to gain 40 pounds by the end of the year. I weigh 124 pounds and pretty tall, but not so skinny, just more about thinness, so it's gonna be a hard road, but I'm determined now. Btw, I'm allergic to protein shakes so lol, I don't drink them anymore. Just going to rely on any food.

Careful you don't want to consume too many calories other wise you will end up fat. Your goal is to gain lean body mass as well. Since you are allergic to dairy there are some vegan protein shakes that are suitable. Check out hemp protein or a company called Sun Warrior. They have superior vegan protein poweders that will help you get the much needed protein you are going to need as you continue to do resistance training.

A nutrient dense diet is what you should be on. 130-140 grams of protein a day, 150 grams of low glycemic index complex carbs per day. Diet should consist of raw nuts and berries, yams, red potatoes, brown basmati rice, steel cut oats, chicken, fish, organic grass fed beef, Vegan protein shakes (40 grams per shake) and a list of other foods. Look up low glycemic index carbs and choose from that list. Lean protein sources are pretty self explanatory

You will put on some body fat but the key is to gain more LBM than fat. Throwing empy calories into your body will surely make the needle on the scale go up but all that weight will be sloppy. It's about adding Lean Body Mass which is a long hard process. 10lbs of LBM in a year is a huge gain (without drugs) so 40lbs in a year without drugs isn't a reasonable goal. Adding 10 lbs of solid muscle is a reasonable goal and much healthier

Be careful what you put into your body.

"Diet

To gain muscle weight, you must eat more calories to support your strength-training routine. Go for 250 to 500 extra calories a day, recommends CNN’s diet and fitness expert Dr. Melina Jampolis. Any more and you will likely put on fat along with muscle. You can gain only 1/2 to 1 lb. of muscle per week—and that's with a pristine diet and perfect lifting and rest cycles. Aim for a minimum of 1 g of protein per pound of body weight daily, then round out your diet with whole grains, vegetables, fruits and unsaturated fats."

Strength Training To Gain Weight | LIVESTRONG.COM

Cereal killer and Connery thanks for the great info and I know it's about muscle mass, my trainer is going to measure every set of time he decides. And consider I am well young in age so this extra calories could be useful for me but I also burn fat during the beginning then gain muscle mass.

Forum List

Back