I'm a repulicratlibervative, how about you?

Oct 23, 2008
Have you ever tried to get a person to tell you the difference between Republican and Democrat; Conservative or Liberal. Everyone has a different answer according to own their point of view. So I looked up some definitions in a Dictionary to put some perspective on the issue, here's what I found:

Republican
–adjective
1. an advocate of a republic..
2. favoring a republic.

Republic–noun
1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
2. any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
3. a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state.
4. (initial capital letter) any of the five periods of republican government in France. Compare First Republic, Second Republic, Third Republic, Fourth Republic, Fifth Republic.
5. (initial capital letter, italics) a philosophical dialogue (4th century b.c.) by Plato dealing with the composition and structure of the ideal state.
OK, I guess by definition I'm a Republican, for the people by the people right?

Democrat
–noun
1. an advocate of democracy.

democracy–noun, plural -cies.
1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
2. a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
3. a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.
4. political or social equality; democratic spirit.
5. the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.
Hey wait a minute, it would seem that I am a Democrat too, for the people by the people right?

I know I must be Liberal.

Liberal
–adjective

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
I'm good with Progress and reform as long as it's
constitutional.

2. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
Maximum individual freedom, I am all for that.
3. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.
4. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
Sounds like the definition of Republican and\or Democrat. Interesting.
5. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.
This country is a melting pot of immigrants from foreign lands who only want to be free. We need to be tolerant. Then teach them English.
I could be considered Liberal by definition.

conservative
–adjective
1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
Well I do have an affection for the Constitution and I'm interested in preserving it's existence so I guess that makes me something of a conservative then right?

Here are a couple of definitions I think fit America today:

so·cial·ism (sō'shə-lĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. Any of various theories or systems of social organization in which the means of producing and distributing goods is owned collectively or by a centralized government that often plans and controls the economy.
2. The stage in Marxist-Leninist theory intermediate between capitalism and communism, in which collective ownership of the economy under the dictatorship of the proletariat has not yet been successfully achieved.

fas·cism (fāsh'ĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. often Fascism
1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
2. A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.

We have been systematically divided by political lines that really don't exist. We are told they do so the real issues can go unnoticed. I for one am an American Patriot, which should not be confused with any of the above.

Patriot-noun
1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.
2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, esp. of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

Why don't we all agree to be Patriots and do whats necessary to Restore the Constitution and imprison those who have fought to destroy it.
Together We stand, Divided we fall.

Why don't we all agree to be Patriots and do whats necessary to Restore the Constitution and imprison those who have fought to destroy it.
Together We stand, Divided we fall.

Because we cannot agree what it means to be patriotic, what the constitution actually means, and who to imprison.

Because we cannot agree what it means to be patriotic, what the constitution actually means, and who to imprison.

Yes you are right. It would seem our greatest stumbling block is our greatest asset, free thought and free speech(theoretically of course)
Who to imprison is a easy one. All Fed. Res. board members, once they are gone so will the immediate threat to our freedoms. Then we systematically get rid of the government reps. that either went along or were too much of a pansy arse to stand up and stop them. Starting with the treasonous Bush regime.

Forum List

Back