I'm A Non-Christian Who Love Jesus... Any Others In Here...?

Easy enough to do, really.

One doesn't have to buy into the concept of a higher power to think that Jesus Christ's message of peace love and understanding is a fairly good idea.

As a philosopher--I do harbor some favor towards him.

But this issue about love is a bit too much for me. How about I criticize his thoughts about life for I need better understanding of his perspective, ok?

Then you all miss the point, Jesus himself even said he is the Son of God. Not believing that just means you deny him. Good luck.

As a philosopher--I do harbor some favor towards him.

But this issue about love is a bit too much for me. How about I criticize his thoughts about life for I need better understanding of his perspective, ok?

I can't quite decipher what you just said...

I don't deny that Jesus had a good message of peace and love. I just can't bring myself to "love" a figure who preached that if people didn't listen to him, they'd burn in hell for eternity. That's rife with folly.

jes' wondering...

The Jesus of the Bible left no room for such an opinion. Jesus claimed to be God. Therefore here are the options:

1) Jesus was lying and he knew it. Therefore he was a deceiver. If that were true ,he was not a moral person and whatever moral teaching he claimed would be hypocrisy.

2) Jesus was lying and he did not know the difference. Since he went as far as to die for such a lie, he was not a sane person. It would be foolish to follow the teachings of an insane person.

3) Jesus was telling the truth. If so he is God and we must follow all his teachings. To not do so would be to deny him. These teachings include that he is God and the only way to heaven.

4) The Bible rendition of Jesus is not accurate and jesus never claimed to be God. If so, then no one really knows who Jesus was and it would be impossible to love Jesus other than as an abstract idea. Since the Bible is our primary source of knowledge of God, what are we talking about?

Jesus did not wish to be accepted only as a great moral teacher. If that was his goal he would not have claimed to be God.

A better question, any Christians here who love Jesus?

Most Christians clearly do not love Jesus, else they would not misrepresent him or fail so miserably to follow him. If you love Jesus, you'll accept his teaching on Hell. If you love Jesus, you'll accept that he hated Jews. If you love Jesus, you'll follow the law that he followed. If you love Jesus, you'll live up the moral standards that he taught.

I don't deny that Jesus had a good message of peace and love. I just can't bring myself to "love" a figure who preached that if people didn't listen to him, they'd burn in hell for eternity. That's rife with folly.

So basically, you're saying that if you don't like the reality someone is telling you, you get all pissy and blame that person, and wander off to create a pseudo-reality you like better? Hmmm.

By the way, how does "loving Jesus, but not following Him" work, exactly? This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

"I love Jesus. I think He's the Son of God. That being said, I'm going to ignore His teachings and leadership, and do whatever the Hell I want. But I love Him, really!"

The OP is a dumbass, and anyone who tries to take his bullshit seriously is a gullible dumbass.

By the way, how does "loving Jesus, but not following Him" work, exactly? This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

"I love Jesus. I think He's the Son of God. That being said, I'm going to ignore His teachings and leadership, and do whatever the Hell I want. But I love Him, really!"

The OP is a dumbass, and anyone who tries to take his bullshit seriously is a gullible dumbass.

lol... you remind me of my wife... she tends to read the worst possible interpretation into whatever I say...

allow me to expand upon my original statement: since I don't believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation (whatever that might be), I cannot, by definition, be considered a Christian... no matter... I love Jesus's message of love, acceptance and forgiveness... and I try as hard as I can to abide by his teachings (not an easy thing to do...)

I love Jesus's message of love, acceptance and forgiveness... and I try as hard as I can to abide by his teachings (not an easy thing to do...)

You might have been listening to too many fags posing as Christians... Jesus taught righteousness, not universal love, not blind acceptance, and not forgiveness without repentance. Jesus also taught that the Jews were Satanists.

"Go and sin no more."

I love Jesus's message of love, acceptance and forgiveness... and I try as hard as I can to abide by his teachings (not an easy thing to do...)

You might have been listening to too many fags posing as Christians... Jesus taught righteousness, not universal love, not blind acceptance, and not forgiveness without repentance. Jesus also taught that the Jews were Satanists.

"Go and sin no more."

Jesus spoke of unconditional love for one's fellow man...

posted elsewhere: Jesus said it best... “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 (NIV)

I love you, Ariux... even though you give me many reasons not to...

Last edited:
Jesus spoke of unconditional love for one's fellow man...

posted elsewhere: Jesus said it best... “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35 (NIV)

Jesus told the disciples to love fellow disciples. That is, loving one's fellow man, on the condition that they accept Christ. And, implied from vs. 33, another condition, that they also not be Jews.

If Jesus really wanted us to love everyone, you wouldn't distort scripture to make him say it. "A new command I give to you: Love all men, unconditionally."

I love you, Ariux... even though you give me many reasons not to...

As well you should. I give to society, not take. I speak the truth and keep God's commands.

There is one of you in every church, and that's why the rest of us leave.

You just keep setting that standard, sister.

There is one of you in every church, and that's why the rest of us leave.

You just keep setting that standard, sister.

Glad to know my purpose of weeding out the pretend Christians and keeping them from poisoning the church is being accomplished. It's always good to hear positive feedback on one's work.

Forum List

Back