"I’m a liberal because I’m autistic"

my favorite headline of the day!

I'm a liberal because I'm autistic

Of course it is. You're too fucking stupid to have a clue what either of those predicate adjectives mean.

Neither apparently does your article. It cites the first person description "Liberal" in the title, and then immediately switches to "left wing" in the very first sentence. Those are two different things.

So if you're not autistic you don't like
roads
Science
Education
Treating other people with an element of respect

You're a seriously backwards and fucked up person op...A real piece of dog shit.
You're a seriously backwards and fucked up person op...A real piece of dog shit.
The reprehensible aspect of the OP-er's opening post is that it implies a ridiculing tone that equates the circumstance of being liberal with the misfortune of being autistic. Such an implication is, quite simply, crass, vulgar even.

How true is the saying that the very highest in rank are always the most kindly. It is from you half-and-half sort of people that you get vulgarity.
-- H. Rider Haggard, Allan Quatermain

Last edited:

"many autistic people develop self-loathing---" As you can already see in how the thread is unfolding, many high-functioning autistics are bright people, they just come up very short on both personal image and social skills, so right away, projection onto the rest of the world becomes the easiest way of protecting their self-image. They seldom have anything positive or congruent to add, so the natural inclination is to lapse down into making attacks against others. It's not always easy, but when I see such a poor soul resorting to fowl language and insults here right away as their only answer to everyone they disagree, I try to take a little pity on them first.

Dear basquebromance
I think the common solution here is seeking inclusion
and individual representation, instead of judging by blanket rules.

Ironically, the conservative model IS to shift more decisions
to local people and states, and stop centralizing everything through federal govt.

So if individual choice is the ideal solution on the left,
why are liberals pushing for federal govt to take over health care, education and social programs?

This is the opposite direction that liberals should go
if the goal is to include all people on local levels
where we can communicate and meet needs individually to accommodate diversity.

Of course it is. You're too fucking stupid to have a clue what either of those predicate adjectives mean.

Neither apparently does your article. It cites the first person description "Liberal" in the title, and then immediately switches to "left wing" in the very first sentence. Those are two different things.
Classic regressive! Attack the intelligence of the offending poster. Same loser tactics everyday.

Classic regressive! Attack the intelligence of the offending poster. Same loser tactics everyday.
And you show it to be true!

Treating other people with an element of respect

I believe in treating people with a different element ...

lithium2.jpg

Forum List

Back