I'm a guy and I think couples should wait for sex

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
When I was younger I would not have taken this advice at all but as I got older I realize that if you want a serious relationship that could lead to marriage you just have to pause on having sex in the relationship. It just seems to work out that way. If your girl understands that and doesn't interpret that as rejection then it just seems like the M word is brought up more. I'm telling you that if you want a longer relationship with your girl or guy you may have to just pause on sex.

When I was younger I would not have taken this advice at all but as I got older I realize that if you want a serious relationship that could lead to marriage you just have to pause on having sex in the relationship. It just seems to work out that way. If your girl understands that and doesn't interpret that as rejection then it just seems like the M word is brought up more. I'm telling you that if you want a longer relationship with your girl or guy you may have to just pause on sex.

You are welcome to wait as long as you want.

My wife and I have been happily married for over 20 years- and shockingly enough we didn't follow your 'advice'.

• Banned
40 year old virgin?

It is just the truth dude. I don't expect younger men and women to understand this. I guess we can be a little immature about the subject and shoot out insults but that only shows that you are probably eight and you should ask permission from your mommy before joining this thread.

• Banned

My wife and I have been happily married for over 20 years- and shockingly enough we didn't follow your 'advice'.

I didn't think people should not have sex before they were married. I just think that if you pause a little then the relationship will quickly turn into a long term thing. I've seen it happen with girls. For some reason girls think marriage at this point. Some girls/guys will be into this and some will not. It is just the truth. If you are looking for a long term relationship you have to slow down on the sex.

I can say this because I am not 18 anymore so you get life experience. It seems like when you are younger sex is always on your mind. Then you go through some bad relationships/divorce/cheating hoes/etc etc and you realize the truth about sex and relationships.

You're entitled to have your opinion about this issue, but I disagree.

I didn't think people should not have sex before they were married. I just think that if you pause a little then the relationship will quickly turn into a long term thing. I've seen it happen with girls. For some reason girls think marriage at this point. Some girls/guys will be into this and some will not. It is just the truth. If you are looking for a long term relationship you have to slow down on the sex.

I can say this because I am not 18 anymore so you get life experience. It seems like when you are younger sex is always on your mind. Then you go through some bad relationships/divorce/cheating hoes/etc etc and you realize the truth about sex and relationships.

Not the 'truth'- but your opinion- and maybe your experience.

Like I said- I have been married over 20 years- and not only do I disagree my marriage- and previous relationships contradict your opinion.

Like I said though- you are welcome to wait as long as you want.

• Banned

You're entitled to have your opinion about this issue, but I disagree.

Whether or not people follow through on that advice is debatable since our passion might take control of us at any moment. I really don't believe that people before the sexual revolution were completely abstained from sex before marriage. I think most people lied about it because if the young man had sex before he was married and the young woman didn't 100% of the time then who were the girls that these dudes were screwing?

There are so many possibilities of just physical incompatibilities between individuals that basing a lifetime on living monogamously together without knowing if there is a proper 'fit' is not intelligent.

When the norm was that girls didn't have sex on the first date boys had to actually care about them in a long term relationship. Women may not realize this but we men think about sex ALL THE FUCKIN TIME. Having sex with them isn't a life changing event. It is like breathing and we need to breath. It doesn't matter what oxygen tank we hook ourselves up to because we just need to breath something. This means that just because the guy is screwing you doesn't mean you are special to him.

BTW, we almost say anything to have sex. Think about that for a moment.

Thread title is a lie, you're a girl as evidenced by your thread title lol

That isn't true. I was just lamenting about the ups and downs of dating sometimes. I figure that people who look for long term relationships tend to wait. Short term relationships explode with passion but fizzle when you find out she is a total bitch to be around. I would just prefer to masterbate to a picture of a hot bitch than live with one who mooches off of you.

You wouldn't have taken that advice when you were younger because when we are young we are just oozing hormones that compel us to reproduce. There used to be a saying my mother frequently reminded me of: Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?
I had sex anyway.

40 year old virgin?

There was a documentary a few years ago, it was called "The 40 year-old Virgin", and was about them attempting to get him to a prostitute, so she could you know, deal with him.

It was all extremely embarrassing for him, and actually made the viewer embarrassed for him also.

Thread title is a lie, you're a girl as evidenced by your thread title lol

That isn't true. I was just lamenting about the ups and downs of dating sometimes. I figure that people who look for long term relationships tend to wait. Short term relationships explode with passion but fizzle when you find out she is a total bitch to be around. I would just prefer to masterbate to a picture of a hot bitch than live with one who mooches off of you.

"I was just lamenting about the ups and downs of dating sometimes."

Your thread title suggests couples should wait to have sex, so there's going to be no ups and downs for you to lament about is there? :smoke:

40 year old virgin?

There was a documentary a few years ago, it was called "The 40 year-old Virgin", and was about them attempting to get him to a prostitute, so she could you know, deal with him.

It was all extremely embarrassing for him, and actually made the viewer embarrassed for him also.

That wasn't a documentary. That was a comedy.

IRL: Redirect Notice

Forum List

Back