I'm a Democrat, The Deborah Ramirez story sounds fishy

From what I read, her lawyer asked her to remember stuff. She didn't remember anything bad, but after 6 days she remembered be put his dick next to her face.

There is no research showing memory loss in raped women, let alone dick flashing incidents.

These types of events are salient and non-forgettable. If a woman flashed her pussy to me and I felt violated, I'd be able to recall it right away 30 years later.

The problem is that we are making it easy for any Republican woman to pretend a Democrat flashed or raped or harassed her in the distant past.

This also has implications regarding ordinary citizens. When a woman doesn't like you she will just accuse you of flashing her or raping her.
I applaud the honest assessment....I love the defense that "Why would women lie?" are these gay people saying that.....have they never had an ex girlfriend or ex wife......it's ridiculous you had to make this post, but I agree with it.

From what I read, her lawyer asked her to remember stuff. She didn't remember anything bad, but after 6 days she remembered be put his dick next to her face.

There is no research showing memory loss in raped women, let alone dick flashing incidents.

These types of events are salient and non-forgettable. If a woman flashed her pussy to me and I felt violated, I'd be able to recall it right away 30 years later.

The problem is that we are making it easy for any Republican woman to pretend a Democrat flashed or raped or harassed her in the distant past.

This also has implications regarding ordinary citizens. When a woman doesn't like you she will just accuse you of flashing her or raping her.
I applaud the honest assessment....I love the defense that "Why would women lie?" are these gay people saying that.....have they never had an ex girlfriend or ex wife......it's ridiculous you had to make this post, but I agree with it.

Why would women lie? Um, because we're human beings, just like men. Pretty sure feminists said they wanted women to be viewed as equal to men, which means we are equally capable of being evil assholes.

So no one told you that. You just decided on your own. There just wasn't enough evidence to do any more and they already had sworn testimony from both, the professionals did what they do and you don't like the result, so naturally you think there was something wrong with the process.

again, they only talked to 9 people, and didn't talk to Kavanaugh or Ford.

That's not an investigation..

So no one told you that. You just decided on your own. There just wasn't enough evidence to do any more and they already had sworn testimony from both, the professionals did what they do and you don't like the result, so naturally you think there was something wrong with the process.

again, they only talked to 9 people, and didn't talk to Kavanaugh or Ford.

That's not an investigation..

There wasn't anything to investigate, as the smart people pointed out early on. No location, no time, and no one identified as witnesses corroborated the story. And they already had sworn testimony from both Ford and Kavanaugh. Face it, you'd be complaining about it no matter how long it took or how many they talked to if it didn't keep him off the bench.

There wasn't anything to investigate, as the smart people pointed out early on. No location, no time, and no one identified as witnesses corroborated the story. And they already had sworn testimony from both Ford and Kavanaugh. Face it, you'd be complaining about it no matter how long it took or how many they talked to if it didn't keep him off the bench.

There was lots to investigate, they just didn't bother.

They could have started by getting Kavanaugh in a room and asking him hard questions about all his lies and his drunkeness.

They could have started by getting Kavanaugh in a room and asking him hard questions about all his lies and his drunkeness.

That was never the point. It was an alleged sexual assault by an alleged teenager. What you wanted was an open ended fishing expedition to find anything you could complain about.

There was nothing to investigate. Quit lying
Look at Ford's story
She doesn't know where or when it happened
She named 4 people, none of those people said anything like that happened

so what are you going to investigate?

That was never the point. It was an alleged sexual assault by an alleged teenager. What you wanted was an open ended fishing expedition to find anything you could complain about.

Um, yeah, I wanted an investigation to find out if he was a man of character and judgment before we gave him a lifetime appointment.

Imagine that.

Um, yeah, I wanted an investigation to find out if he was a man of character and judgment before we gave him a lifetime appointment.

Imagine that.

He had over a decade on the bench with thousands of decisions available for perusal. All in all, a very impressive record. We only needed to know if Ford's allegations held any merit, and they didn't.

He had over a decade on the bench with thousands of decisions available for perusal. All in all, a very impressive record. We only needed to know if Ford's allegations held any merit, and they didn't.

They had plenty of merit... but you guys just wanted to shove another misogynist POS onto SCOTUS.

Merit, it is to laugh. You WANT them to have merit, so you will claim they do no matter what. Anything and anyone who says different you just claim is tainted, and so on. Start thinking logically and with reason instead of simple emotion. Her story was carefully crafted so as to be nearly impossible to prove or disprove and you completely fell for it. Even the people she identified as witnesses wouldn't back her up. Therefore, there was nothing to investigate. If you're going to ruin a man's life, you should have more than a vague, changing, decades old allegation supported by nothing more than one person's word who known to be a political activist strongly biased against the accused.

Merit, it is to laugh. You WANT them to have merit, so you will claim they do no matter what. Anything and anyone who says different you just claim is tainted, and so on. Start thinking logically and with reason instead of simple emotion. Her story was carefully crafted so as to be nearly impossible to prove or disprove and you completely fell for it.

Well, it would have been pretty easy to prove or disprove. Put old Angry Drunk on a polygraph, and let fly.

Oh, wait. They didn't even question Angry Drunk.

Merit, it is to laugh. You WANT them to have merit, so you will claim they do no matter what. Anything and anyone who says different you just claim is tainted, and so on. Start thinking logically and with reason instead of simple emotion. Her story was carefully crafted so as to be nearly impossible to prove or disprove and you completely fell for it.

Well, it would have been pretty easy to prove or disprove. Put old Angry Drunk on a polygraph, and let fly.

Oh, wait. They didn't even question Angry Drunk.

That's what you said about the investigation, until it didn't give you what you wanted. And if the polygraph didn't give you what you wanted, you'd simply insist it wasn't reliable and demand something else.

The bottom line is, his guilt is firmly fixed in your mind and now you want to find evidence to prove it, but that's not the way this works. We look at the evidence, then decide guilt or innocence. In this case, there literally was nothing more than the unsubstantiated word of one person, who couldn't even get corroboration from any of the people she said were there. And why would they question someone when they already had sworn testimony?

You never wanted a fair investigation, you wanted a fishing expedition until you could convict Kavanaugh of jaywalking when he was 10 years old.

Forum List

Back