I'm a better christian than you

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by dmp, Oct 25, 2006.

1. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    I pulled out a few pieces of this work:

http://www.raptureready.com/rr-better.html

2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    What? being Kosher (Kosha) as we say? I suck all around when this subject comes up. I'm glad we don't have to follow the law, hell every human on this earth have enough issues just trying to be nice to each other never mind following the law.

Yeah that is really a great example. Nothing worse than an arrogant thumper:shocked:

3. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    God never wanted people to follow the Law, anyway. It was given only because people's hearts were hard. He didn't want our sacrifices; He wants our love. But, sometimes it's easier to follow a bunch of rules than to open up our hearts or to completely submit our wills.

4. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Please explain.
    God's law has always been in effect.

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +618
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 90K again.

6. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I'm talking about the Ten Commandments and the Mosaic Laws. They should never have been necessary. God writes His laws on our hearts. We instinctively know right from wrong. But our hearts are hardened by sin, so we become immune to the prodding of our consciences. This is why God had to give us tangible, written laws, and even THEN, people try to find ways around them. All God REALLY wants is for us to live in obedience to HIM, out of LOVE, not because we have to follow a set of impossibly strict rules.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    LOL! Mr. P V/S the Thumpers!

:D

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    These are the ones that really love me, especially when they use the KJV "Thou shalt not kill," to justify their unwillingness to defend home and country.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64

Thanks for trying they'll be other times.
    I want to say one thing; the Law was in the Old Testament. The New Testament is about living under Christ by following his ways on a daily basis. (Jesus was a man so he knew our weakness) Doing the law didn't do much except for the Jews to make excuses for being so hard. Christ died for our sins and every human being on this earth now and to come and the ones before us. He took the mystery out of the Law, but stated it wasn't gonna be easy. I don't have to physically sacrifice a spotless Lamb or Calf to receive repentance I hit my knees or whatever and ask Jesus for direct forgiveness. I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of stuff but hopefully ya'll can see my direction. Even we Gentiles can follow Jesus, to me that is the greatest gift of all.

10. Eightball

Eightball Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +252
    The Law was one big old mirror for mankind to see his/her accurate reflection in, and realize that in no way could they be justified/righteous via works of "good", or obedience.

The Law was "good" in everyway, but it was not intended to "save" man from his sins, but to magnify, to man, his sinfullness, because man could in no way meet the Law.

As Paul said; 'The law made sin known to man'. It also eliminated any excuse man had for not coming up to expectations of the Law.

Jesus said that He came to fullfill the Law..........He did that at Golgotha. The Law said man was under judgement, and propitiation was necessary to save man from God's wrath. God gave His own, most precious life/Jesus to meet the demands of the Law.

If one wants to follow Kosher dietary ways, it may help them in beneficial ways towards bodily health, but in the spiritual category, it won't add one "brownie point" in God's scheme.