Illiteracy Rate Disturbingly High in Arab World

JStone

Rookie
Jun 29, 2011
Saudi Gazette: Illiteracy Rate Disturbingly High in Arab World
The Arabic League for Education, Culture & Science Organization announced that 97 million people in the Arab world cannot read or write. In a recent workshop held in Jeddah, the organization expressed illiteracy rate is disturbingly high, amounting to 27.9 percent being illiterate, among the 350 million people that make up the population in the Arab countries.

Continued: Saudi Gazette - Illiteracy rate disturbingly high in Arab World

What excuse can the Arabs possibly have for this? the Arab Gulf countries are some of the richest in the world, why the hell are they so behind the curb on this?

• Banned
What excuse can the Arabs possibly have for this? the Arab Gulf countries are some of the richest in the world, why the hell are they so behind the curb on this?

I believe the bedouin mindset is genetically programmed into the Arab DNA, except, perhaps, for a few years in the middle ages when they seemingly were more productive.

That, combined with the religious belief that allah wills everything and, thus, allah wills them to be backward [when allah decides to will them to be successful, they will be successful], renders the Arab world pre-destined for failure.

I believe the bedouin mindset is genetically programmed into the Arab DNA, except, perhaps, for a few years in the middle ages when they seemingly were more productive.

That, combined with the religious belief that allah wills everything and, thus, allah wills them to be backward [when allah decides to will them to be successful, they will be successful], renders the Arab world pre-destined for failure.

I know the Kuwaitis and the Saudis have this saying "inshallah" which basically means god willing, if god wants it to happen it will, if not it will not, basically an excuse to not have to do jack shit.

• Banned

I know the Kuwaitis and the Saudis have this saying "inshallah" which basically means god willing, if god wants it to happen it will, if not it will not, basically an excuse to not have to do jack shit.

I couldn't care less if the Rabs and Muslimes choose to be unproductive, but, don't then blame your failed culture on evil America and Israel

I couldn't care less if the Rabs and Muslimes choose to be unproductive, but, don't then blame your failed culture on evil America and Israel

I agree 100%.

Hitler had some similar theories on genetics

• Banned

Hitler had some similar theories on genetics

Arabs love Hitler, dink. Their leader was a Nazi collaborator. You're illiterate, too, dink
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUEx1cKUlg]1941 The Grand Mufti meets Hitler - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
  • Banned
Democracy is Doomed in Arab World
In Libya and most other countries in the Arab world, what we know as personal liberty is nonexistent. According to Freedom House’s 2011 “Freedom in the World” survey, as well as Amnesty International’s annual report for 2011, most North African and Middle Eastern countries are ranked either “repressive” or “not free.” Moreover, I believe there’s little prospect for Arabs ever being free and that Western encouragement and hopes for democracy are doomed to failure and disappointment.

Most nations in the Middle East do not share the philosophical foundations of the West. It’s not likely liberty-oriented values will ever emerge in cultures that have disdain for the rule of law and private property rights and that sanction barbaric practices such as the stoning of women for adultery, the severing of hands or beheading as a form of punishment, and imprisonment for criticizing or speaking ill of the government

Democracy is doomed in Arab world | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

Forum List

Back