Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Governor - Brady
1 Senator - Kirk
Cook County Board President (Not a small insignificany job) - Keats
State Controller - Topinski
State Treasurer - Rutherford

US House Representatives: Could be the first time in a long time there are more Republican Representatives then Democrats

Illinois General Assembly - Its 60-40 Democrats in both the IL House of Representatives and Senate, but its reported that 60 could get cut down to as low as 52-48 in both houses!

Not quite all red, but when you take the Governor, majority of US House Reps, 50% of the US Senators, the State Controller, State Treasurer, Cook County Board President and a slight minority in the General Assembly at the very least you might not be able to consider Illinois a blue state anymore!

If only Steven Kim could upset Madigan for Attorney General and Chicago could get a Red Mayor, then IL would be on the right track!

:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:
:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

Did I also mention if Illinois goes red rdean would have a heart attack! A second plus!

I live 100 miles west of Chicago and the biggest majority of the people in my area vote Republican. I know lots of people throughout Illinois in the rural areas and the majority of those vote Republican. The problem is the Chicagoland area. It's loaded down with Democrats and the Democratic machine. Most of the people living in Illinois wish Chicago was a state within it's self because of all of the typical Chicagoland crap that goes with it - not to mention all the Democrats. If you took the Chicagoland area out of play, Illinois would certainly be a spot on the Republican map.

I think Oscars on to something. I think the dems pushing cap and trade was what pissed off a lot of midwestern independents the most.

I think Mitch McConnell said it best:

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell warned Monday that Republicans cannot take victory in Tuesday's midterm elections for granted, and said there's no evidence voters are "in love" with the GOP.

Republicans "need to view this with humility and gratitude. This is not about us ... there is no poll data showing the public is in love with us,"

You all need to take a look into reality.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell warned Monday that Republicans cannot take victory in Tuesday's midterm elections for granted, and said there's no evidence voters are "in love" with the GOP.

Republicans "need to view this with humility and gratitude. This is not about us ... there is no poll data showing the public is in love with us,"

I guess we will know reality tonight huh! :eusa_whistle:

I thought they were already red...

soviet.jpg

Mitch is right of course. The voters don't love Republicans, they just hate demonRats more this year. Go to bed early dear. Plant your pillow over your head and dream of better days. Cause we're opening a big can of whoop ass tonight.

I guess we will know reality tonight huh! :eusa_whistle:

Do you think that if the teaparty takes over, that means the public is in love with the GOP?

Mitch is right of course. The voters don't love Republicans, they just hate demonRats more this year. Go to bed early dear. Plant your pillow over your head and dream of better days. Cause we're opening a big can of whoop ass tonight.

The teaparty is also running against the GOP. Miller vs Murkowsky as an example.

I'm staying awake to see the actual results, not your version.

I think the majority of Republicans understand that. It's only the drooling hordes who will see it as 'victory'. I honestly hope the GOP get it - I'm sure they will.... for about 24 hours.

The teaparty is also running against the GOP. Miller vs Murkowsky as an example.

I'm staying awake to see the actual results, not your version.

What would my version be doyathink?

I think the majority of Republicans understand that. It's only the drooling hordes who will see it as 'victory'. I honestly hope the GOP get it - I'm sure they will.... for about 24 hours.

I personally think neither side will be too happy tonight. The Republicans won't win as much as they think they are and the Democrats will lose more than they want.

However, over-confidence in the last hours isn't anything other than scaring the under-confidence opponent! :eusa_angel: It gives me joy to know Liberals are Swetting!

Too bad Cap and Tax Mark Kirk is the Senate candidate :(...

A mistake he won't make again! It happens!

Kirk is a RINO, but a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Perhaps he'll be a one term Senator, I hope so. There was a time I thought he could go national, but like Nixon he seems to have some severe personality flaws.

Too bad Cap and Tax Mark Kirk is the Senate candidate :(...

Kirk is a RINO, but a hell of a lot better than the alternative. Perhaps he'll be a one term Senator, I hope so. There was a time I thought he could go national, but like Nixon he seems to have some severe personality flaws.

No he is a fiscal conservative (other than the Cap and Trade Vote, however, if he would have voted NO, then he would have lost his seat in the up coming election in liberal Chictown), but social moderate (pro-choice and pro-fag marriage - neither are bad things in my book).

What people have to understand that not everyone is going to me a Demit conservative. Parts of the country won't allow it, no matter how much you want it to be different, right leaning Moderates are better than left-leaning liberals. Face it in many parts of the country conservatives won't even get 25% of the vote.

No he is a fiscal conservative (other than the Cap and Trade Vote, however, if he would have voted NO, then he would have lost his seat in the up coming election in liberal Chictown), but social moderate (pro-choice and pro-fag marriage - neither are bad things in my book).

What people have to understand that not everyone is going to me a Demit conservative. Parts of the country won't allow it, no matter how much you want it to be different, right leaning Moderates are better than left-leaning liberals. Face it in many parts of the country conservatives won't even get 25% of the vote.

Until this year, when he decided to run for Senate, he voted more with Dems than GOP regarding taxes.

More troubling is someone with his record of service, embellishing, absolutely no reason. That's a personality defect.

I don't pay much attention to the social conservative issues in the big scheme of things, would be unfair to imply such.

Full Red Take over of IL didn't happen, but its definitely not a blue state anymore!
Kirk won the Senate Seat.

Every single US House of Rep seat (5 of them) when RED!

Cook County went to Perwinkle (who I voted for her), because she was going on a very fiscal conservative stance. She states, the Stroeger Sales Tax is hater on the poor (really its unfair to everyone), so her first move is to repeal the Stoeger sales tax and get it even lower than before. She also stated property taxes have to come down also. A fiscal conservative Democrat is my type of person!

State Comptroller when to Topinski!

State Treasurer went to Rutherford!

Big Loses:
The IL General Assembly stayed very Blue. However, I will admit I voted for Crespo, a Democrat. He took on Blago and Quinn on raising taxes. I actually met him outside of the polling place. I asked him specifically about the Quinn proposed income tax increases, he said he was against it in the past and would fight against it now. His focus would be on education, cutting wasteful spending and jobs! That was good enough for me. Actually the IL General Assembly did take on Blago on raising taxes on Corporations and Income before, so hopefully they will do it again!

Quinn looks like he will defeat Brady! Just like Angle in NV, this should have been an easy win, but morons voted a far rightist to represent the Republicans! We are paying the price with a Quinn victory!

Lisa Madigan romped Steve Kim for Attorney General. Foregone conclusion!

Governor - Brady
1 Senator - Kirk
Cook County Board President (Not a small insignificany job) - Keats
State Controller - Topinski
State Treasurer - Rutherford

US House Representatives: Could be the first time in a long time there are more Republican Representatives then Democrats

Illinois General Assembly - Its 60-40 Democrats in both the IL House of Representatives and Senate, but its reported that 60 could get cut down to as low as 52-48 in both houses!

Not quite all red, but when you take the Governor, majority of US House Reps, 50% of the US Senators, the State Controller, State Treasurer, Cook County Board President and a slight minority in the General Assembly at the very least you might not be able to consider Illinois a blue state anymore!

If only Steven Kim could upset Madigan for Attorney General and Chicago could get a Red Mayor, then IL would be on the right track!

:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:
:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:

Did I also mention if Illinois goes red rdean would have a heart attack! A second plus!

Forum List

Back