Illinois to allow children of illegal aliens to receive scholarships

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Illinois to allow children of illegal aliens to receive scholarships - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

bannertimetosecureamerc.jpg

They want to punish kids for doing what society wants them to do, study hard and do well.

They are brown and he doesnt like that

They want to punish kids for doing what society wants them to do, study hard and do well.

"They are brown and he doesn't like that"?

LOL! What a unbelievable stupid statement.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

"They are brown and he doesn't like that"?

LOL! What a unbelievable stupid statement.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I don't know why the progressives are so obsessed with race...

Hell, I'm "brown" (at least in the summer) and as an Italian I get confused with being Mexican/Spanish all the time...

I've never once have felt as if I was the victim of racism..

Actually, one time when I was like 21 (or around that age) I was training to be a bartender and some lady said: "amigo I need another el beero" Then I started laughing in my mind and acted like what she was saying confused me.... I kinda gave her a look like I didn't understand what she meant. Then 10 minutes later I was talking to one of the bartenders in English and she walks up to me, says sorry then gives me a dollar...

I was kinda insulted by the dollar itself. I wasn't insulted by her comment but I became insulted when she gave me the dollar.

But yeah, thats all I got as a person who is perpetually confused with being a Latino.

With all this said I find the racism assertions highly difficult to believe.

Last edited:
More political insanity that seems to be sweeping the nation. They must have got this fucked up idea from the dumb asses in California.

Well they already get free welfare here.

I hate this state.

Its easy being illegal or a darker shade than white around here - the state will finance your life while guys like me have to pay for it.

Oh and they just gerrymandered my district. Now 90% of my district is ghetto.

I'm moving to Wisconsin....

Nick at least your state doesnt rank at the top for fiscal Insanity. But I doubt you take much comfort in being number two.

More political insanity that seems to be sweeping the nation. They must have got this fucked up idea from the dumb asses in California.

No, Illinois is proud to be a "sanctuary state."

Then Illinois democrats act dumbfounded when the states population shrinks hence revenue, despite the notion they pretty much invite illegals to come here.

Of course to compensate for the lost revenue they raise taxes on the rich who provide jobs and the rich are fleeing this state and taking their jobs with them.

I've never seen a more dysfunctional government than the Illinois government.

Quinn is a lunatic...

Democrats steal our money here and give it to unions........

Then of course Chicago runs the whole state, stealing money from farmers and redistributing it to inner city welfare fucks.

I could write a thesis on how fucked Illinois is presently...

Then I go to get my license renewed at the secretary of states office and they have this poster on the wall that says "Land of Lincoln home of the free" and this is probably the most authoritarian state in the union.

More like "Land of the free shit if you vote democrat and have the right skin color and don't make more than 40k a year."

Of course they charged me 20 bucks to get a new piece of plastic and it took me an hour.

Because we need translators you know, and forms in Spanish.

I'm automatically an Italian citizen based on my bloodline - however If I was to move to Italy I would at least learn Italian. Why the fuck cant the Mexicans learn English???

Oh yeah because the libfucks love people that cant speak their language, they call it "diversity."

Apparently punishing the children for the sins of the parents is a popular idea around here.

At no place in the article did it state, The children were legal.

Why? Because legal children are already able to accept scholarships.

How much is enough?

I hate this state.

Its easy being illegal or a darker shade than white around here - the state will finance your life while guys like me have to pay for it.

Nick at least your state doesnt rank at the top for fiscal Insanity. But I doubt you take much comfort in being number two.

The only reason they're not #1 is because they charge people $1.50 every 10 miles to drive on their "toll ways."

Now they want to make it $2.40 because they're doing road work which should have been covered by the stimulus, but they used that money to bailout the teachers.

So now they put people er, those contractors that put emphasis on state demanded minority hiring to work, and now they're telling us they have to raise tolls by .90 cents to fund what should have been funded by the stimulus.

Lying bitch democrats...

If republicans deceived the public like democrats do it would be front page news - yet the democrats continually fuck people and the media says nothing - as a matter of fact the media writes favorable stories on the democrats.

The deception is astounding...

Apparently punishing the children for the sins of the parents is a popular idea around here.

At no place in the article did it state, The children were legal.

Why? Because legal children are already able to accept scholarships.

How much is enough?

In no place in the article does it say the children are illegal either....But, of course, you want to assume they are as illegal as their parents. If they were, I would not be for scholarships either.....and I doubt the state would either.

But heck....prove me wrong. Prove to me they are granting scholarships to people they know are illegal (not the parents....them).

I hate this state.

Good fucking riddance. We don't need whining nincompoops here.

SO????

Number of illegal immigrants getting in-state tuition for Texas colleges rises

During the fall semester, 12,138 students - about 1 percent of all Texas college students - benefited from the state law granting in-state tuition, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Most of the immigrants among those students are illegal, and some others are not legal permanent residents or U.S. citizens.

In 2001, Texas became the first state in the country to pass an in-state tuition law. The law created a national movement. Many private universities also now award aid to illegal immigrant students.

Un-Constitutional as well.

In no place in the article does it say the children are illegal either....But, of course, you want to assume they are as illegal as their parents. If they were, I would not be for scholarships either.....and I doubt the state would either.

But heck....prove me wrong. Prove to me they are granting scholarships to people they know are illegal (not the parents....them).

Granting scholarships to illegal children comports to Constitutional case law and makes smart long-term economic sense. In addition, many illegal children were brought to the US at a very young age where deportation isn’t feasible. The children are here to stay. If they’re deserving, there’s no reason why they can’t receive assistance in becoming productive members of American society.

Or as the right advocates, they can be kept ignorant and unemployable, commit crimes and end up in prison. That would be considerably more costly to taxpayers than scholarships.

Forum List

Back