Illinois Threatens: Release the names of gun cardholders

LostAmerican

Rookie
Feb 20, 2011
Illinois’ Firearms Owners Identification cards have been a point of contention as far back as 1980, when reporters pulling a prank induced the hapless state to issue a card to John Dillinger — a card that even included a photo of the Depression-era’s Public Enemy No. 1.

In recent days, a new debate has been sparked by an Associated Press’ Freedom of Information request for the names of gun permit holders. The State Police refuse to release the names, but Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says the law requires them to do so, although they would not have to include identifying information, such as addresses.

Madigan has the law and good public policy on her side.

Gun advocates would like to keep secret the identity of those who hold the FOID cards, which are supposed to keep people with criminal records or mental illness from buying guns. Anti-gun activists, on the other hand, argue that making the names public is one way to ensure the FOID system is working.

Licensed gun dealers and gun shows are not supposed to sell a gun to anyone who lacks a valid FOID, but who can say the system is working if all records are kept private?

We can’t see how releasing just the names of the state’s 1.3 million FOID holders poses much of a privacy risk, except perhaps for folks with truly unusual names. In a state as big as Illinois, a lot of people share the same name.

It’s also true, we acknowledge, that this information is so scanty as to be of limited use in evaluating the effectiveness of the FOID program. But a bill, sponsored by Sen. Kirk Dillard (R-Hinsdale), that would make all FOID information private moves in the wrong direction.

We’re not looking to inconvenience legal gun owners, even mildly. But our first concern is to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them.

Editorial: Release the names of gun cardholders - Chicago Sun-Times

--------------------------------------------------------

Now let me see...?

It is illegal to find out who is an illegal alien in Illinois. In other words, their identity.

It is illegal to find out the identities of gang members under 21, and that is most gang members in Illinois, the state with the most gang members per capita in the United States.

It is illegal to question the citizenship of anyone enrolling in a public school or the parent enrolling them. To even hint to question if they are US taxpayers will probably get you into a lawsuit.

Yet, let us give every illegal invader and their streetgang buddies the address of any AMERICAN who might have firearms they could steal and use against other AMERICANS.

I wonder why people don't trust their politicians to protect the identities of loyal Americans and expose the foreign criminals that slither among us?

Last edited:
Illinois’ Firearms Owners Identification cards have been a point of contention as far back as 1980, when reporters pulling a prank induced the hapless state to issue a card to John Dillinger — a card that even included a photo of the Depression-era’s Public Enemy No. 1.

In recent days, a new debate has been sparked by an Associated Press’ Freedom of Information request for the names of gun permit holders. The State Police refuse to release the names, but Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says the law requires them to do so, although they would not have to include identifying information, such as addresses.

Madigan has the law and good public policy on her side.

Gun advocates would like to keep secret the identity of those who hold the FOID cards, which are supposed to keep people with criminal records or mental illness from buying guns. Anti-gun activists, on the other hand, argue that making the names public is one way to ensure the FOID system is working.

Licensed gun dealers and gun shows are not supposed to sell a gun to anyone who lacks a valid FOID, but who can say the system is working if all records are kept private?

We can’t see how releasing just the names of the state’s 1.3 million FOID holders poses much of a privacy risk, except perhaps for folks with truly unusual names. In a state as big as Illinois, a lot of people share the same name.

It’s also true, we acknowledge, that this information is so scanty as to be of limited use in evaluating the effectiveness of the FOID program. But a bill, sponsored by Sen. Kirk Dillard (R-Hinsdale), that would make all FOID information private moves in the wrong direction.

We’re not looking to inconvenience legal gun owners, even mildly. But our first concern is to keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them.

Editorial: Release the names of gun cardholders - Chicago Sun-Times

--------------------------------------------------------

Now let me see...?

It is illegal to find out who is an illegal alien in Illinois. In other words, their identity.

It is illegal to find out the identities of gang members under 21, and that is most gang members in Illinois, the state with the most gang members per capita in the United States.

It is illegal to question the citizenship of anyone enrolling in a public school or the parent enrolling them. To even hint to question if they are US taxpayers will probably get you into a lawsuit.

Yet, let us give every illegal invader and their streetgang buddies the address of any AMERICAN who might have firearms they could steal and use against other AMERICANS.

I wonder why people don't trust their politicians to protect the identities of loyal Americans and expose the foreign criminals that slither among us?

Many laws are on the books, and the laws those in office “choose” to act upon or ignore reveals the “hidden political agenda”.

The international bankers that control the Federal Reserve have Always wanted to not only to control Chicago, but the wicked bankers want to be known as the American Government.

The Communist Soviet Union was planned and financed by the same international Zionist bankers that cause all the wars, debts, and problems for the American people.

The communist had stolen the whole government of Russia, and wanted to take over all of Europe, but at that time they failed. The Israelis are the ones that benefitted from 9-11, and since 9-11 all the changes to our laws and liberties are nothing more than communist control measures.

All empty concentration camps/gulags, so-called gun control, spying on citizens, and torture are communism. The Israelis/Jews invented communism and it’s no coincidence that hardly a week after Rahm Emanuel’s well financed run for Mayor that gun card owners come under attack.

The secret society government operatives use gang problems as a reason try to take away our gun rights. The zionist hollywood and local media was a cornerstone used to create all the gang problems. Yet one will never hear from the Media about the 2nd amendment being in place for tyrannical coup attempts

The former whining mayor Daley was under duress by the Zionist for most of the 20+ years of his weak leadership. Taking away our 2 amendment rights is the only solution Daley talked about. After the election of Emanuel the outgoing mayor returns from a vacation and again parrot the same Zionist rhetoric of taking away 2nd amendment rights.

The Zionist surely has Daley intimidated and all the Governors being railroaded is an attempt to soften up Illinois, and it worked with Daley. The former Governor is now under communist attack to try and put forth “communist preemption” rather than the rule of law. If they can do this to a former Governor how can one ignore the fact that the same thing can be done all over Illinois, and America.

The Zionist media will never ask the question of why the Fed’s had all the wiretapping in place, but could not wait long enough to get the evidence needed to charge him. Remember the communist/Zionist hate ‘s freedom and feel they can take away one’s freedom for what they “think you may do”.

Arresting Americans for what they “think someone may” do… “preemption” is a step closer all that the “cheka” was known for.

Stalin murdered priest, writers, poets, lawyers, and many people for having professions he felt encouraged freedom. Stalin who was indeed Jewish killed millions of people.

They always start with small infringements on our liberties, and it always increases.

The Fabian method of implementing communism is happening in Chicago and all over the U.S. The gun card issue is the next step in the Zionist push for a new/communist world order. The son of a terrorist being mayor of Chicago will confirm the true Israeli agenda.

• Banned
[

Many laws are on the books, and the laws those in office “choose” to act upon or ignore reveals the “hidden political agenda”.

The international bankers that control the Federal Reserve have Always wanted to not only to control Chicago, but the wicked bankers want to be known as the American Government.

The Communist Soviet Union was planned and financed by the same international Zionist bankers that cause all the wars, debts, and problems for the American people.

The communist had stolen the whole government of Russia, and wanted to take over all of Europe, but at that time they failed. The Israelis are the ones that benefitted from 9-11, and since 9-11 all the changes to our laws and liberties are nothing more than communist control measures.

All empty concentration camps/gulags, so-called gun control, spying on citizens, and torture are communism. The Israelis/Jews invented communism and it’s no coincidence that hardly a week after Rahm Emanuel’s well financed run for Mayor that gun card owners come under attack.

The secret society government operatives use gang problems as a reason try to take away our gun rights. The zionist hollywood and local media was a cornerstone used to create all the gang problems. Yet one will never hear from the Media about the 2nd amendment being in place for tyrannical coup attempts

The former whining mayor Daley was under duress by the Zionist for most of the 20+ years of his weak leadership. Taking away our 2 amendment rights is the only solution Daley talked about. After the election of Emanuel the outgoing mayor returns from a vacation and again parrot the same Zionist rhetoric of taking away 2nd amendment rights.

The Zionist surely has Daley intimidated and all the Governors being railroaded is an attempt to soften up Illinois, and it worked with Daley. The former Governor is now under communist attack to try and put forth “communist preemption” rather than the rule of law. If they can do this to a former Governor how can one ignore the fact that the same thing can be done all over Illinois, and America.

The Zionist media will never ask the question of why the Fed’s had all the wiretapping in place, but could not wait long enough to get the evidence needed to charge him. Remember the communist/Zionist hate ‘s freedom and feel they can take away one’s freedom for what they “think you may do”.

Arresting Americans for what they “think someone may” do… “preemption” is a step closer all that the “cheka” was known for.

Stalin murdered priest, writers, poets, lawyers, and many people for having professions he felt encouraged freedom. Stalin who was indeed Jewish killed millions of people.

They always start with small infringements on our liberties, and it always increases.

The Fabian method of implementing communism is happening in Chicago and all over the U.S. The gun card issue is the next step in the Zionist push for a new/communist world order. The son of a terrorist being mayor of Chicago will confirm the true Israeli agenda.

It is true that most of Latin America is communist but that is about all the connection it has to communists in the eastern hemisphere. A copycat type of communism that is aimed at destroying the multi-culture of the United States and have a third world LA RAZA (master race) rule over the western hemisphere.

They have an open hostility to Israel. Why I am not sure. But they are sure using the same playbook (Mein Kampf) that good old uncle Adolph wrote many years ago.

It is true that most of Latin American is communist, LA? You best tell the State Department that because I doubt they're aware of that.

Now as to The FOID information becoming public domain information?

Why not?

Every other kind of licensee I can think of is public information, isn't it?

Drivers licenses, professional licenses, dog ownship licenses three examples I can think of off the top of my head. All public information

But the following are, I think, a valid complaints, too assuming that it's correct:

Last edited:
It is true that most of Latin American is communist, LA? You best tell the State Department that because I doubt they're aware of that.

Why not?

Drivers licenses, professional licenses, dog ownship licenses three examples I can think of off the top of my head. All public information

But the following are, I think, a valid complaints, too assuming that it's correct:

Yet no one is going to do anything about changing the law in regards the three you admit are troubling. Go figure.

'The roof is leaking, the drain is stuck, the car won't start, debt is growing, layoff notice is in the mail, but I be one happy soul hugging my gun. You see my gun means freedom, and freedom is all that matters in life and America, darn where's that dagnabbit channel changer.'

"As an Anglo European white guy from a very long line of white guys, I want to thank all the brown, black, yellow and red people for a marvelous three-century joy ride. During the past 300 years of the industrial age, as Europeans, and later as Americans, we have managed to consume infinitely more than we ever produced, thanks to colonialism, crooked deals with despotic potentates and good old gunboats and grapeshot. Yes, we have lived, and still live, extravagant lifestyles far above the rest of you. And so, my sincere thanks to all of you folks around the world working in sweatshops, or living on two bucks a day, even though you sit on vast oil deposits. And to those outside my window here in Mexico this morning, the two guys pruning the retired gringoes hedges with what look like pocket knives, I say, keep up the good work. It's the world's cheap labor guys like you - the black, brown and yellow folks who take it up the shorts - who make capitalism look like it actually works. So keep on humping. Remember: We've got predator drones." Joe Bageant http://coldtype.net/Assets.10/Pdfs/0710.Joe.Doomsday.pdf

I'm not sure it's good to let criminals know where the guns aren't.

And that's the real problem here:

Making the names of valid, legal gun owners public, by default makes the names of those who are not allowed, or chose to not own firearms, public as well.

El murkin B00B bleateth " Most of Latin America is communist".
If commie=social democrat in your murkin dikshinnaree. Fine.
Either way it beats the hell out of Zionist Fascism.....your way of FreeDumb.

I live in Illinois and I have one of those FOID cards. It just pisses me off to have to have one. I feel it is a violation of my right to privacy as a citizen. There are many reasons why the State of Illinois wants you to have a FOID card, but regardless of what they actually tell you, the REAL reason they want you to have one is for the money they can collect by issuing them. If there was a way for Illinois to collect the money and prove that you did it, they would demand payment every time you farted in this State.

I'm not sure it's good to let criminals know where the guns aren't.

I'd say since the majority of criminals already have guns or know where to get them, why on earth would they care where they aren't. Unless of course if one were operating under that misguided (if not Old West) idea that having a hand gun in the home deters and/or protects against intruders. Unfortunately the annual statistics on deaths from gun shot simply don't bear out this urban myth. In fact, they record that the average law abiding citizen is far more likely to shoot himself, a member of his family or friend than keep his home front protected. Or worse, Mr. / Mrs. Average Law Abiding Citizen will irresponsibly leave a loaded unsecured hand gun where with all too often tragic consequences it falls into the hands of a child.

Besides, after years and years of Republican snooping, intruding and rutting around in virtually every aspect of our personal lives, who has the moronic idea that any privacy remains for any of us? That's almost a silly as the idea that we're a free people. :laugh2:

Why not?

And yet illegal invading aliens and gangbangers have a right to privacy?

And to those outside my window here in Mexico this morning, the two guys pruning the retired gringoes hedges with what look like pocket knives, I say, keep up the good work. It's the world's cheap labor guys like you - the black, brown and yellow folks who take it up the shorts - who make capitalism look like it actually works. So keep on humping. Remember: We've got predator drones." Joe Bageant http://coldtype.net/Assets.10/Pdfs/0710.Joe.Doomsday.pdf

And yet LA RAZA in Chicago demand that their "endangered species" receive $12/hr OR ELSE!! That's not exactly cheap labor. But those guys doing the pruning will probably pose as doctors next and give some women on the next block a gynological exam.:lol:

I live in Illinois and I have one of those FOID cards. It just pisses me off to have to have one. I feel it is a violation of my right to privacy as a citizen. There are many reasons why the State of Illinois wants you to have a FOID card, but regardless of what they actually tell you, the REAL reason they want you to have one is for the money they can collect by issuing them. If there was a way for Illinois to collect the money and prove that you did it, they would demand payment every time you farted in this State.

My cousin, who used to live in Illinois, moved to South Carolina. He stopped into a sporting goods store which looked like a military base armory and asked about how to purchase a firearm.

It's easy. A quick look at a driver's license, fill out a form, and you're on your way packin' heat. No waiting.:eek:

But it has stopped many a Mexican from getting his hands on a gun. That's good enough for me. But I did hate going through the trouble of getting a passport photo.

HEY! I could go to Pilsen where a Chicago politician's father was caught making fake ID photos for his countrymen.

Forum List

Back