Illinois Lottery Winners' Checks From The State Bounce...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Ah Illinois,another wonderful Obama/Democrat success story.

fail-hurdles.jpg

Eighty-five Illinois Lottery winners last week probably thought they were lucky — until they tried to cash in their winnings, that is.

Their checks, totaling $159,000 in lottery winnings, were no good.

Two days after Christmas, Maureen Furio of Lake Zurich bought an instant scratch-off ticket and won $1000. The next day, she got a check from the lottery.

“I deposited it the same day and went ahead and paid some extra Christmas bills,” Furio says. “And Jan. 3, it bounced.”

Illinois Lottery Winners Get Stiffed When State Checks Don’t Cash « CBS Chicago
» Illinois Lottery Winners’ Checks from the State Bounce - Big Government

fail-hurdles.jpg

Eighty-five Illinois Lottery winners last week probably thought they were lucky — until they tried to cash in their winnings, that is.

Two days after Christmas, Maureen Furio of Lake Zurich bought an instant scratch-off ticket and won $1000. The next day, she got a check from the lottery.

“I deposited it the same day and went ahead and paid some extra Christmas bills,” Furio says. “And Jan. 3, it bounced.”

This is an odd post... If you win more than $600.00 from the Illinois lottery you have to fill out a form at the lottery office and it is sent to the Springfield office for the check to be prepared. The whole process can take between two and three weeks before you get your check. You don't get a check "overnight" from the lottery office. I don't know how much of this story is true but I do know that that part of it is a lie. Also, there has not been anything on the news about this. News of this sort would be widely broadcasted on the tv. I think you are selling wolf tickets.

fail-hurdles.jpg

This is an odd post... If you win more than $600.00 from the Illinois lottery you have to fill out a form at the lottery office and it is sent to the Springfield office for the check to be prepared. The whole process can take between two and three weeks before you get your check. You don't get a check "overnight" from the lottery office. I don't know how much of this story is true but I do know that that part of it is a lie. Also, there has not been anything on the news about this. News of this sort would be widely broadcasted on the tv. I think you are selling wolf tickets.

Check the links.

It's from CBS in Chicago. Kinda hard to fake that.

Looks like the dems of Ill are looting the lottery just like SS got looted.

Illinois now has the dubious distinction of having the lowest credit rating of all 57 states.

I just learned that one of my favorite restaurants was recently purchased by Mike and Lisa Madigan.
I'll be damned if I eat there again LOL.

fail-hurdles.jpg

Obama learnt it from his time in Illinois.

fail-hurdles.jpg

I hear ya. I was very hesitant to post a CBS link to this story. Because I know they are a well-known biased & dishonest Liberal Media Outlet. So you don't have to believe the story if you don't want to. That's your call.

State said they made a boo boo on the checks. They can't be re deposited, but the state will re imburse them for the fees.

Of course, there is the problem that all the checks they wrote are also no good, so all the other fees go on top of the original bounce fee.

He says lottery officials failed to key in the required security verification on the checks issued on Dec. 28.

“We apologize for the inconvenience that these players have incurred,” Lang says.

----------------

You guys are desperate to try to connect this to Obama.:321:

fail-hurdles.jpg

Check the links.

It's from CBS in Chicago. Kinda hard to fake that.

Looks like the dems of Ill are looting the lottery just like SS got looted.

Um. she could have lied?

Look...
Means she bought the ticket on 12/27/2011... and got a check the next day?

“Not bounced … returned,” says Mike Lang, spokesman for the Illinois Lottery. He says lottery officials failed to key in the required security verification on the checks issued on Dec. 28.
If she got the check on the next day, the 28th, that would mean she got the check the same day it was sent.

Is that even remotely likely?

He says lottery officials failed to key in the required security verification on the checks issued on Dec. 28.

“We apologize for the inconvenience that these players have incurred,” Lang says.

----------------

kinda like the way you try and connect Republicans to everything....:321:

----------------

kinda like the way you try and connect Republicans to everything....:321:

LOl Its Bush's fault.

Jeeze. Even the lottery? Is nothing sacred??

Forum List

Back