Illinois: House panel OKs concealed-carry....

LostAmerican

Rookie
Feb 20, 2011
......but bill likely to stall.
Gun rights lobbyists hope this year is different

SPRINGFIELD — A firearms-friendly panel of lawmakers on Tuesday recommended approval of a measure allowing folks in Illinois to carry a concealed gun if they get training and a permit, a yearly symbolic and political move that does not necessarily portend a change in the law.

The same dynamic remains in place as in previous years: Downstate lawmakers team up to pass the concealed-carry legislation out of the House Agriculture and Conservation Committee, but Chicago Democrats and some suburban Republicans team up to prevent it from moving much further.

Concealed-carry gun legislation debate begins anew in Springfield - chicagotribune.com

-----------------------------------------------------------

Considering that Illinois has the highest amount of gang members per capita, it's about time that Illinois pass this law. But I'll bet Mayor Daley, Mr. "Guns kill people. People don't." is really puked out about this after he has spent years protecting gang member from enraged citizens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just another reason to avoid visiting or even spending money in States that refuse to recognize the CONSTITUTIONAL Right to Keep and Bear Arms. MA, CA, IL, WI, NYC, etc.... All places that any gun owner should avoid visiting or spending any money in until they correct their firearms laws.

As they said, it's purely a political ploy. Until someone is willing to take a stand there, be arrested for carrying and take it to the US Supreme Court, it isn't going to change.

Just another reason to avoid visiting or even spending money in States that refuse to recognize the CONSTITUTIONAL Right to Keep and Bear Arms. MA, CA, IL, WI, NYC, etc.... All places that any gun owner should avoid visiting or spending any money in until they correct their firearms laws.

As they said, it's purely a political ploy. Until someone is willing to take a stand there, be arrested for carrying and take it to the US Supreme Court, it isn't going to change.

Right on. My wife's family lives in Illinois, my family lives in Massachusetts. I won't travel to either state until they recognize my CCL.

It causes problems at times when my wife starts missing her parents. Of course they can come here anytime they want.

Right on. My wife's family lives in Illinois, my family lives in Massachusetts. I won't travel to either state until they recognize my CCL.

It causes problems at times when my wife starts missing her parents. Of course they can come here anytime they want.

I'm trying my best to get the heck out of MA right now. Hopefully to PA. I've got a Class A CCW here in MA, but the rules are so ridiculous that it's almost not worth it for a lot of people. The horror stories I could tell you are over the top.

I got out in 2002. My kids still live there but I pay to have them come here to visit.

The rest of my family, liberals........ the hell with them.

• Banned

You could try to go without your piece. Why not just carry rocks like Mexicans throw at the Border Patrol.

• Banned
Here's hoping.

On a related note- Illinois just abolished the death penalty.

Illinois abolishes death penalty, clears death row - Yahoo! News

Yes! Ex Governor George Ryan used the moratorium on the death penalty so he could make lots of friends in jail, while serving his sentence for giving illegal aliens CDLs so they could kill American motorists.

Does anyone see the hypocrisy here?

Let's hope that with Mexicans free to bring their busted down vehicles over the border, that not too many Americans will pay the death penalty for NAFTA.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back