Illinois, Caterpillar, Taxes and Whistleblowers

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/172104-chicago-politics-provide-backdoor-deals.html

Basically this thread is about how IL raised the taxes to astronical levels on small business and corporations. However, whenever a corporation like Caterpillar threatens to level. Gov Quinn comes in with a $0 tax deal for them to stay! Therefore the rich corps who he campaigned on making pay aren't paying. The Small Business who he campaigned on protecting are getting hit with the tax increases. Small businesses are the job creators! They are the ones that employ most Americans and most Chicagos. They are the ones the new Gov has been driving in droves to neighboring states. IN hit their 1 year goal in 6 months of businesses they wanted to steal from Illinois!

I dont see any mention whatsoever of the state bribe to keep Caterpillar in IL.
Is there some point to the OP?

Because he is chicken shit. I challenged him and rdean (both bluball Democrats from IL) many times to discuss that thread and they ignore it!

Yeah, that disgruntled employees can make claims that may or may not stick...

Is that some kind of revelation? Never happened before?
And what does it have to do with Illinois paying bribe money to keep Cat in state?

Ok....I have to ask. Just how did Illinois pay bribe money to CAT to stay? And link it please.

Here you go bro! You know all about it. I attached it to your visitor wall and challenged you on it. But it's not just Cat, its all the large IL corps!
http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/172104-chicago-politics-provide-backdoor-deals.html

Oh, how sweet! GHook chimes in with another Neg rep, this time including a nice little comment: "Go suck a cock, faggot!".

Not to be confused with his other closeted comments from previous reps.

Stay classy, Ghook! Stay classy.

Oh, how sweet! GHook chimes in with another Neg rep, this time including a nice little comment: "Go suck a cock, faggot!".

Maybe you'll get the idea you're a blight on this website?

Maybe you'll get the idea you're a blight on this website?
Well, between you and GHook I get all kinds of nasty neg reps - and with such colorful language!

Of course, two year old kids cry when you take their candy away.

These large corps that Gov Quinn ignorantly and arrogantly said were going to pay for the IL deficit, are playing less corporate tax now than ever, many are paying $0 and some are getting refunds! Small business that employ most Chicagoans are getting hit. They don't have voices or lobbies to get a tax break like big corps do. When small business complain they rarely make the headlines. These are the ones most effected. These are the ones that are jumping over to IN!

Pat Quinn doles out over $230 million in tax breaks to big business, putting more burden on individual Illinois taxpayers | Your Doubting Thomas
Over the last six months, our state's giant companies, including, Caterpillar, Sears Holdings, Motorola Mobility, and Navistar International, all threatened to leave the state because the corporate tax increase would cost the companies millions more to do business in Illinois.

This week sees the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Chicago Board of Trade seeking to move their operations out of state to New Jersey, Indiana or another state in an effort to save an estimated $50 million in taxes a year.

Remember, in January, Illinois raised the corporate tax income from 4.8% to 7%. Illinois corporations also pay 2.5% in additional taxes in income called the personal property replacement tax. Taken together, the two rates are 9.5% which is the third highest rate on the United States.

As our state's big businesses threatened to leave, Governor Quinn talks big, but ultimately backs down. Thru May 2011, he has handed out an estimated $230 million in tax breaks, called "financial incentive packages" to these big businesses.

Pat Quinn should take a lesson from Rahm Emanuel to keep Illinois businesses in Illinois | Your Doubting Thomas
Remember, you did that with Caterpillar, Sears Holdings, Motorola Mobility, and Navistar International when they all threatened to leave the state because of your tax increase? Remember how you caved- after talking tough- and provided these companies $230 million in "financial incentive packages" so these businesses could remain in the state? All while everyday Illinoisans find themselves in a worse position paying more for everything, including taxes, and not being able to threaten you to get a "financial incentive package" like big business can- and did.

Rabbi links to an article that says nothing that he claims? Then moves the goalpost a few hundred yards by saying, well, "the magic word is "yet"".

Another day at the office for the fraud in chief. I await my next neg-rep from the Rabbi with baited breath!

It actually supports everything Iwrote.
Then perhaps you can quote the part about the bribe Ill paid.

And what does it have to do with Illinois paying bribe money to keep Cat in state?

Ok....I have to ask. Just how did Illinois pay bribe money to CAT to stay? And link it please.

Nothing because hour bribe angle is an excuse for.reflection.

C'mon Rabbi. Explain this supposed "bribe" and link it please. I'm waiting.

C'mon Rabbi. Explain this supposed "bribe" and link it please. I'm waiting.

BUMP

I'm still waiting Rabbi......

Thanks, GHook. That should shut the bastards up.

Sorry it took so long to respond but GHook was giving me head.

Anyway, neither you nor GHook93 (nice lips!!) either one gave one shred of evidence that supported your contention that Illinois gave CAT any "bribe money" to stay in Illinois after they threatened to leave. GHook even negged me saying, "Fuck hack nice ignoring the thread about the backdoor deal Caterpillar got to stay in IL!" without showing anything that CAT got a "back door deal". (Maybe that was code for GHook wants me to give him a back door deal?)

Again..........Show me one link that states Illinois was "bribed" into staying in Illinois by Governor Quinn.

THEN.....tell me how what Illinois does to keep businesses is different than what Tennesse's doing.

I'M STILL WAITING MORONS.......

I can guarantee that it doesn't make any difference in liberal or conservative congressmen, they are all for sales and big business is not bad they do create jobs. They all pay lobbyist to make sure they get the votes that need to make more money and who among us can truthfully say we wouldn't do it, given the opportunity. This has been going on since trade was inventory many thousands of years ago.

So what do you call providing tax breaks to billion dollar corporations which lowers their taxes for some barely anything to some to $0 to some even getting money back, all to make sure these companies didn't make good on their threats and skip town? Sorry Junior, but any way you twist it that's a brib!

Gov Quinn knew that if any of the large corporations moved (which would have happened in droves if Quinn didn't brib them), then he was toast!

Basically Here is How It Went Down:
Gov Quinn: "Corporation, time you paid your dues, so will raise you to the 3rd highest in the world (next to NY and CA)!"

C-Corps like Caterpillar: "Fuck you Gov. If you do that then we will relocate to another state and write off the moving expense against our profits to lower our federal corporate taxes. Tell that to the people of IL at election time!"

Gov Quinn in a private meeting with each corporation: "Please don't go, how about this I will give you a tax break, let's call it an incentive. On paper it looks like I am getting tough with you evil corporations (and making sure no other large corp relocates here), but in reality, you guys are paying little to no State Corporate taxes. Except you poor Motorolla, since your profits are so horrible, the incentive is actually a refund, let's call that a gift."

Gov Quinn to his advisors: "I know I know I talked tough, but I really wanted to hit the middle class, who aren't going to relocate anytime soon, and the small businesses, since they don't make headlines when they complain! But I couldn't say that out loud, after all I'm a Democrat and our motto, let's call it propaganda, is we care about the little guys! Hahahahahaha!"

Thanks, GHook. That should shut the bastards up.

Sorry it took so long to respond but GHook was giving me head.

Anyway, neither you nor GHook93 (nice lips!!) either one gave one shred of evidence that supported your contention that Illinois gave CAT any "bribe money" to stay in Illinois after they threatened to leave. GHook even negged me saying, "Fuck hack nice ignoring the thread about the backdoor deal Caterpillar got to stay in IL!" without showing anything that CAT got a "back door deal". (Maybe that was code for GHook wants me to give him a back door deal?)

Again..........Show me one link that states Illinois was "bribed" into staying in Illinois by Governor Quinn.

THEN.....tell me how what Illinois does to keep businesses is different than what Tennesse's doing.

I'M STILL WAITING MORONS.......

I can guarantee that it doesn't make any difference in liberal or conservative congressmen, they are all for sales and big business is not bad they do create jobs. They all pay lobbyist to make sure they get the votes that need to make more money and who among us can truthfully say we wouldn't do it, given the opportunity. This has been going on since trade was inventory many thousands of years ago.

Now THAT'S the right way to look at it.

So what do you call providing tax breaks to billion dollar corporations which lowers their taxes for some barely anything to some to $0 to some even getting money back, all to make sure these companies didn't make good on their threats and skip town? Sorry Junior, but any way you twist it that's a brib!

Gov Quinn knew that if any of the large corporations moved (which would have happened in droves if Quinn didn't brib them), then he was toast!

Gov Quinn: "Corporation, time you paid your dues, so will raise you to the 3rd highest in the world (next to NY and CA)!"

C-Corps like Caterpillar: "Fuck you Gov. If you do that then we will relocate to another state and write off the moving expense against our profits to lower our federal corporate taxes. Tell that to the people of IL at election time!"

Gov Quinn in a private meeting with each corporation: "Please don't go, how about this I will give you a tax break, let's call it an incentive. On paper it looks like I am getting tough with you evil corporations (and making sure no other large corp relocates here), but in reality, you guys are paying little to no State Corporate taxes. Except you poor Motorolla, since your profits are so horrible, the incentive is actually a refund, let's call that a gift."

Gov Quinn to his advisors: "I know I know I talked tough, but I really wanted to hit the middle class, who aren't going to relocate anytime soon, and the small businesses, since they don't make headlines when they complain! But I couldn't say that out loud, after all I'm a Democrat and our motto, let's call it propaganda, is we care about the little guys! Hahahahahaha!"

Translated: "I don't know whether or not Gov Quinn cut CAT a special tax deal or not so I'll pass out a couple of neg reps and make up some bullshit story to bail Rabbi out of the mess he got himself into." It very well could have happened like that but if it did we'll never know. But you and Rabbi shouldn't be presenting it as fact that it did. Had Rabbi qualified his statement with "this is what probably happened" he wouldn't have dug the hole he got himself into and neededed someone to rescue him. Every state does that (including yours and Rabbi's), right? So you should think twice before handing out a neg rep when all you got is a made up story.

Since we're making up stories that probably happened here's mine:

Rabbi, upon seeing the hole he dug himself decided he needed help. So he sat weeping at his keyboard trying to find some help. GHook, seeing Rabbi's plight came roaring in like Mighty Mouse singing, "Here I come to save the day!!" (That cartoon is probably before your time) passing out neg reps and making up some bullshit story in a feeble attempt to save Rabbi's ass.

Message to Rabbi: It's not a weakness to back up and admit you made a mistake. In fact, it gains you respect. I just did it not long ago when I mischaracterized Trajan's posts when I thought he was slamming teachers. I admitted I was wrong and that he didn't do that. So be careful about making statements that you can't back up and don't be afraid to admit you were wrong. All I did was call you on it because I know there were no facts behind it.

And especially be careful about slamming what other states do if Tennesse's doing the exact same thing. It all goes back to that glass house thing.

Case closed.

Translated: "I don't know whether or not Gov Quinn cut CAT a special tax deal or not so I'll pass out a couple of neg reps and make up some bullshit story to bail Rabbi out of the mess he got himself into." It very well could have happened like that but if it did we'll never know. But you and Rabbi shouldn't be presenting it as fact that it did. Had Rabbi qualified his statement with "this is what probably happened" he wouldn't have dug the hole he got himself into and neededed someone to rescue him. Every state does that (including yours and Rabbi's), right? So you should think twice before handing out a neg rep when all you got is a made up story.

Rabbi, upon seeing the hole he dug himself decided he needed help. So he sat weeping at his keyboard trying to find some help. GHook, seeing Rabbi's plight came roaring in like Mighty Mouse singing, "Here I come to save the day!!" (That cartoon is probably before your time) passing out neg reps and making up some bullshit story in a feeble attempt to save Rabbi's ass.

Message to Rabbi: It's not a weakness to back up and admit you made a mistake. In fact, it gains you respect. I just did it not long ago when I mischaracterized Trajan's posts when I thought he was slamming teachers. I admitted I was wrong and that he didn't do that. So be careful about making statements that you can't back up and don't be afraid to admit you were wrong. All I did was call you on it because I know there were no facts behind it.

And especially be careful about slamming what other states do if Tennesse's doing the exact same thing. It all goes back to that glass house thing.

Case closed.

Tennessee didn't raise taxes on corporations to the highest level in the U.S. and then bribe them to stay.
Sorry. You fail. Yet again.

Case closed.

Tennessee didn't raise taxes on corporations to the highest level in the U.S. and then bribe them to stay.

Neither did Illinois dumbass. So, once again, you're talking out of your ass.

And if you're thinking Illinois has the highest you'd be WRONG again.

You must think that the corporate tax rate is the biggest reason to stay or go and you'd be WRONG about that too. Other factors are location and educated workforces. Tennesee has good location but as we see from you the workers are less than brilliant.

Of the 32 states with flat rates, only five have rates lower than Florida's: South Carolina, Utah, Michigan, Colorado and Ohio. Those states combined are home to 52 headquarters for companies on the Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. corporations. The five states with the highest tax rates — Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New Jersey, Rhode Island and California — are home to more than 120 Fortune 500 headquarters.

Corporate-relocation experts give Scott credit for aggressively pursuing industries and jobs, though most note that it takes more than low taxes to lure big business.

Florida's low corporate taxes not its biggest draw, survey finds - Orlando Sentinel

So you might want to be careful or you'll dig another hole for yourself and require bailing out (again).

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

Last edited:

Case closed.

You must think that the corporate tax rate is the biggest reason to stay or go and you'd be WRONG about that too. Other factors are location and educated workforces. Tennesee has good location but as we see from you the workers are less than brilliant.

Of the 32 states with flat rates, only five have rates lower than Florida's: South Carolina, Utah, Michigan, Colorado and Ohio. Those states combined are home to 52 headquarters for companies on the Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. corporations. The five states with the highest tax rates — Pennsylvania, Minnesota, New Jersey, Rhode Island and California — are home to more than 120 Fortune 500 headquarters.

Corporate-relocation experts give Scott credit for aggressively pursuing industries and jobs, though most note that it takes more than low taxes to lure big business.

Florida's low corporate taxes not its biggest draw, survey finds - Orlando Sentinel

So you might want to be careful or you'll dig another hole for yourself and require bailing out (again).

Claiming to be right and actually being right aren't the same thing.
You might be the most ignorant poster here.

Translated: "I can't back my made up statements nor disprove your factual links."

It's amazing how you were the one caught making up lies and needed bailed out yet I'm supposedly an "ignorant poster".

You're not fooling anyone. Why don't you just admit you were wrong and quit making a complete fool of yourself?

Translated: "I can't back my made up statements nor disprove your factual links."

It's amazing how you were the one caught making up lies and needed bailed out yet I'm supposedly an "ignorant poster".

You're not fooling anyone. Why don't you just admit you were wrong and quit making a complete fool of yourself?

Look at who he's promoting in his avatar. You think this is a guy to be taken seriously?

:lol:

Look at who he's promoting in his avatar. You think this is a guy to be taken seriously?

:lol:

Good point. :lol:

If he would just leave it alone I'm trying to let him off the hook and let this thread fade into the past. I made my point, kicked ass and now it's time to move on.

New Topics

Forum List

Back