Illegals will be eligible for unemployment benefits under Obama's amnesty

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Buried in a Denver Post article is something that should concern residents of every state.
According to the report, people legally working in the U.S. (including illegal aliens given
amnesty by Obama) are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are a Colorado employer expect your unemployment assessment to go up...

Illegal Aliens Will Collect Unemployment Benefits Under Obama Amnesty | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®

Why not? They are collecting WIC and other government welfare programs.

Typical wingnut knee jerk reaction.

Obama stated very clearly at a June 15 news conference:

Now, let's be clear -- this is not amnesty, this is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people. It is the right thing to do.

The DREAM Act, if you do a little more reading outside the right wing box, specifically makes citizenship an attainable OPTION. And, unless you happen to live in a state which already allows for government subsidy programs for aliens, and there a few, there was no provision in either the President's Executive Order or in the text of the DREAM act which makes such funds available to non-citizens.

Jeez! Next thing you know, the wingnuts will piece the whole thing together: Illegal aliens will be offered full citizenship for euthanizing our grandmothers under Obamacare.

Really?

Now, let's be clear -- this is not amnesty, this is not immunity. This is not a path to citizenship. It's not a permanent fix. This is a temporary stopgap measure that lets us focus our resources wisely while giving a degree of relief and hope to talented, driven, patriotic young people. It is the right thing to do.

The DREAM Act, if you do a little more reading outside the right wing box, specifically makes citizenship an attainable OPTION. And, unless you happen to live in a state which already allows for government subsidy programs for aliens, and there a few, there was no provision in either the President's Executive Order or in the text of the DREAM act which makes such funds available to non-citizens.

Jeez! Next thing you know, the wingnuts will piece the whole thing together: Illegal aliens will be offered full citizenship for euthanizing our grandmothers under Obamacare.

Really?

Obama stated.... LOL! Typical lefty response.

Ask the millions of people around the world who follow the rules and wait LEGALLY for years to live in the U.S. if it's not amnesty. Anybody who is allowed to cut to the front of the line and stay in the U.S. after "illegally"sneaking into the country is being given amnesty.

Just because you call a apple a orange doesn't make it so. Half the world would like to live in the U.S. for a "better life". Why do illegals get to cut the front of line, while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait legally for years to live in the U.S.?

I guess according to liberals if you are driving along a road and the sign says 'This Way to Duluth,' it is just crazy and extreme to believe that you are headed for Duluth or that the road you are on will take you there.

Really?

Obama also stated he was going to close GITMO.

I guess according to liberals if you are driving along a road and the sign says 'This Way to Duluth,' it is just crazy and extreme to believe that you are headed for Duluth or that the road you are on will take you there.

But that's nowhere near the "Welcome to Duluth" sign, is it?

I'm at the head of the line to point out that the EO and the DREAM Act aren't perfect. But the folks this helps could also be thought of as victims of a crime committed by their parents (who may or may not ever be prosecuted and removed), wingnut screams about the millions of 30 year olds lining up to cross the border aside. (Incidentally, didn't anyone hear that border stops are actually up 80% this year?)

Read what the EO and DREAM Act allows and, perhaps more importantly what it specifically DOESN'T allow, and you'll begin to see that there's a bit of sense behind it.

If you didn't intend to get to Duluth you'd be driving in another direction, wouldn't you?

I'm at the head of the line to point out that the EO and the DREAM Act aren't perfect. But the folks this helps could also be thought of as victims of a crime committed by their parents (who may or may not ever be prosecuted and removed), wingnut screams about the millions of 30 year olds lining up to cross the border aside. (Incidentally, didn't anyone hear that border stops are actually up 80% this year?)

Read what the EO and DREAM Act allows and, perhaps more importantly what it specifically DOESN'T allow, and you'll begin to see that there's a bit of sense behind it.

The wingnuts are out for one thing: a witchhunt. Doesn't matter that the Obama adminstration has deported more illegal aliens than any other administration.

The DREAM Act and the EO lay out a humane path to curbing a problem that didn't start in the last adminstration or the one before that or the one before that. The illegal alien problem cultivated through decades of inaction by a complacent government. Like it or not, illegals have become an integral part of our economy. The DREAM Act is a great step in solving the illegal alien problem logically, not hysterically.

Last edited:

The wingnuts are out for one thing: a witchhunt. Doesn't matter that the Obama adminstration has deported more illegal aliens than any other administration.

The DREAM Act and the EO lay out a humane path to curbing a problem that didn't start in the last adminstration or the one before that or the one before that. The illegal alien problem cultivated through decades of inaction by a complacent government. Like it or not, illegals have become an integral part of our economy. The DREAM Act is a great step in solving the illegal alien problem logically, not hysterically.

Whats to prevent this from happening again? Until you fix that you havent solved anything.

Wingnuts now just make shit up out of thin air.

yeah like they werent going to school and stuff, ooops I guess they are and we're paying for it.

Well, if all that is true, you need to ask the "states" about why they're allowing it. Start with Governor Rick Perry...

Because they're afraid of rthe democrats demagoguing the issue and dont want to be seen as anti-hispance and yeah I have bitched about that, but since you never question your leaders you wouldnt know about that.

Buried in a Denver Post article is something that should concern residents of every state.
According to the report, people legally working in the U.S. (including illegal aliens given
amnesty by Obama) are eligible for unemployment benefits. If you are a Colorado employer expect your unemployment assessment to go up...

Illegal Aliens Will Collect Unemployment Benefits Under Obama Amnesty | DAN STEIN // STEIN REPORT 2000-2010®

um you do know how Unemployment works right. They would have to be working legally for 26 Weeks For an employer who would be paying Unemployment insurance Taxs on said employee, to Qualify for Unemployment. It's not like they are going to get a Work Permit and get to walk in and start Collecting.

If you didn't intend to get to Duluth you'd be driving in another direction, wouldn't you?

Ah, but who's to say that's where you're going to end up?

The DREAM act set out quite a few potholes in the road to Duluth. Each of them allow the government to know who's taking steps to be a good candidate for citizenship, and which aren't - making it possible (at least in theory) to bounce back the ne'er-do-wells. Nothing in any legislation made an across-the-board statement that illegals would automatically become citizens - only that the younger ones COULD if they chose, and only if they followed protocol, and only AFTER satisfying protocol would they be allowed to start chasing naturalization.

Yeah they cut a bit in line, but they have to jump through FAR more hoops to stay there.

They already are- pay taxes, own homes- thanks to Pub refusal of good work/ID card. Pass the schumer immigration bill, hater dupes...jfc. you're so dumb.

yeah like they werent going to school and stuff, ooops I guess they are and we're paying for it.

Well, if all that is true, you need to ask the "states" about why they're allowing it. Start with Governor Rick Perry...

Because they're afraid of rthe democrats demagoguing the issue and dont want to be seen as anti-hispance and yeah I have bitched about that, but since you never question your leaders you wouldnt know about that.

That's the funniest spin I've heard all day. Thanks. I can go eat now...

Forum List

Back