Illegals Openly Campaign for Dems in Wash.

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
I'm sure a lot are voting too..:rolleyes:

(AP) — When Maria Gianni is knocking on voters’ doors, she’s not bashful about telling people she is in the country illegally. She knows it‘s a risk to advertise to strangers that she’s here illegally — but one worth taking in what she sees as a crucial election.

The 42-year-old is one of dozens of volunteers — many of them illegal immigrants — canvassing neighborhoods in the Seattle area trying to get naturalized citizens to cast a ballot for candidates like Democratic Sen. Patty Murray, who is in a neck-to-neck race with Republican Dino Rossi.

Pramila Jayapal, head of OneAmerica Votes, says the campaign is about empowering immigrants who may not feel like they can contribute to a campaign because they can’t vote.

“Immigrants really do matter,” Jayapal said. “If we can’t vote ourselves, we’re gonna knock on doors, or get family members to vote.”

So far the illegal immigrants going door-to-door aren’t meeting opposition. Craig Keller, an organizer for Respect WA, a group pushing for stricter immigration law in the Washington, said he doesn’t mind illegal immigrants volunteering for vote drives, he just wants to make sure mistakes on the voter rolls don’t allow them to vote.

“Anybody can go out and wave a sign, but when it comes to who’s making the choices, there’s no question they need to be citizens,” Keller said.

In close elections across the country, the immigrant and minority vote is considered key for candidates, especially Democrats.

Earlier this week in Nevada, a television ad urging Latinos not to vote sparked outcry from Democrats, who called it a dirty trick meant to keep Hispanics home and boost Republican candidates. Univision and Telemundo — the nation’s two largest Spanish-language networks — canceled the ad, which the Republican group Latinos for Reform had planned to eventually run in Nevada, Florida, California, Texas and Colorado through the Nov. 2 election.

Seattle is home to a wide array of immigrant communities, from Latinos to east Africans and Asians.

Congress declined this year to consider overhauling the country’s immigration law, much to the chagrin of immigrant advocates who had expected Democrats to do so by now.

Still, OneAmerica Votes launched one of the largest get-out-the-vote campaigns in the state on behalf of Democratic candidates. The organization is an offshoot of OneAmerica, one of the state’s largest and the most influential immigrant-rights advocacy group.

Through home visits, phone banks and mailings the organization is aiming to reach about 40,000 registered voters in the Seattle area in an attempt to help Democrats gain ground in key races. Volunteers include other types of people who can’t vote, such as legal permanent residents.

About 150 volunteers rolled out in nine cities across Washington this past week, knocking on 3,000 doors.

In Bellevue, a city of nearly 123,000 east of Seattle, Gianni knocked on 25 doors and spoke to 15 people, she said.

One man, a naturalized citizen from the Philippines, said he knew what she was going through after she shared she was in the country illegally.

“There’s always a risk,” Gianni said in Spanish about her legal status. “But if there’s a change, I would feel like I contributed, even in a small part, to a change we all need.”

Gianni arrived in the United States on a visa 13 years ago looking for work and stayed. For a while her only son lived here, but has since moved back to Mexico.

“In order for there to be a change to our broken immigration system,” she said, “I believe one has to fight.”

Over half the world would like to live in the U.S. for a "better life". Should we let in over 3 BILLION people? Why do illegals get to cut to the front of line, while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait legally for years to live in the U.S.?

"Hello, 9-1-1. What's your emergency?"

We're being INVADED,

and NOW the mofo's think they have the RIGHT to come to my door

and FLAUNT their criminal intentions!!!

HURRY!!! Before someone gets their ass blown off!

And NOT in a nicey-nice BJ sort of way.

Over half the world would like to live in the U.S. for a "better life". Should we let in over 3 BILLION people? Why do illegals get to cut to the front of line, while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait legally for years to live in the U.S.?

Sure.

The more the merrier.

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,

With conquering limbs astride from land to land;

Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand

A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame

Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name

Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand

Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command

The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

In all seriousness, we should seal the border, throw the illegals out, and stop immigration until every American has a job. All those Returd CEOs need to pick lettuce, beans, and cotton in the fields, or grab a shovel.

Throw them the hell out of the nation.

Ssriously, its one thing for them to be here. That is bad enough but I am somewhat sympathetic to the fact that they're escaping a country that doesn't work

It's entirely another thing if they become political tools, too.

That is as annoying as the US Chamber of Commerce taking foreign money to help the GOP influence the vote so that we continue deindutrializing this nation.

Sure.

The more the merrier.

The New Colossus

Go find out what those words mean. Then come back and apologize for your partisan idiocy.

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

statue_of_liberty%20with%20lightning.gif

In-state college tuition for illegal aliens

The college tuition that a resident pays to a public college or university in their home state is called "in-state tuition". Typically this is much less than the tuition charged to students who come from out-of-state. Allowing an illegal alien student to pay less than an American student is wrong. Yet this is currently being promoted in Congress under the DREAM act.

Under U.S. law, illegal aliens may not hold any job in the United States. Thus, tax dollars expended on higher education illegal aliens to prepare them for professional careers serves only to draw more illegal aliens to those states offering in-state tuition.

When an illegal alien is granted in-state tuition and admission to a state university, he or she is directly competing with American students for that educational slot. This competition is unfairly biased against American students in other states who must pay out-of-state tuition to attend the university, while the illegal alien student is given in-state tuition preference.

In California in 2003, MALDEF engaged in an all-out effort to promote the news about in-state college tuition for illegal aliens. (MALDEF: see Funding Hate articles). In-state college tuition for illegal aliens contributes to a de facto illegal-alien amnesty.

Federal Law Title 8, Chapter 14, Sec. 1623 states:

"an alien who is not lawfully present in the United States shall not be eligible on the basis of residence within a State... for any postsecondary education benefit unless a citizen or national of the United States is eligible for such a benefit."

Friends of Immigration Law Enforcement is asking American students who pay out-of-state tuition to colleges and universities where illegal aliens receive in-state tuition to sue the colleges and universities for reimbursement of the tuition difference.

Talking points against in-state College Tuition
In-state college tuition for illegal aliens will give benefits to adult or nearly-adult children over the age of 18 whose parents are also illegal aliens. This is not a bill that gives benefits to "youngsters". Taxpayers will pay the difference.
A 1996 Federal law mandates that if instate rates are given to illegals, those rates must also be given to all applicants of each state's colleges and universities from the other 49 states. Although the law is not actively enforced, giving in-state tuition to illegal aliens is a clear violation of federal law.
HB1187 is an amnesty disguised as an educational initiative.
College entrants slots are fixed and limited. The bill would place each state's citizens in direct competition with adult illegal aliens for limited slots and tuition benefits.
Giving in-state college tuition to adult illegal aliens residing in each state would give them benefits not given to American citizens in other states ( e.g., war veterans).
Providing in-state tuition to illegal aliens tells legally applying foreign students they are suckers for not becoming illegal aliens.
50% of Colorado University applicants come from out of state and from out of the country. (March 25 Boulder Daily Camera story, "CU pulls big from outside Colorado").
Tuition rates at CU went up 15% last year and there was talk of raising this year's tuition by another 40%.
Illegal aliens now pour in from all over the world at a rate of more than 80,000 a month. The Wal-Mart immigration sweep of October, 2003, netted large numbers from Mexico, the Czech Republic, Mongolia, Brazil, Poland, Russia, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Lithuania and some from from African and Asian countries. Because of virtually no internal enforcement, illegal aliens typically bring their entire families into the U.S. There is a potential for a vast number of illegal aliens to receive in-state tuition at taxpayer expense. Thus, the amended HB 1187 would give an adult illegal alien from Uzbekistan and all the nearly 200 countries of the world benefits that would be denied to American citizens, an absurdity.
If the claimed 1,000 illegals graduating from Colorado high schools enrolled at CU-Boulder at in-state rates for four years, revenue losses would exceed $65 million (Out-of-state citizen tuition rates = $20,346. Instate rates = $4,022. Loss of one four-year student = $65,296 million.)
Colorado's elected officials are now voting on issues influenced by illegal aliens and their supporters residing in the districts of the state elected officials. Democratic representation of Colorado's citizens is being eroded by ethnic pandering that emphasizes illegal aliens.
Standard argument and reasoned response:

Claim: "Yes, but children of undocumented workers should not be punished for what their parents did."

Response: Should America's citizen students be punished for the illegal acts of illegal-alien parents residing?"
- Since when is the state government in the business of coming to the rescue of adults whose parents committed illegal or imprudent acts?
- Those adult illegal aliens need to go back to mom and dad and hold them accountable.
- In the case of Mexican adult illegal aliens, they can easily return to Mexico to receive a virtually free college education at the University of Mexico.

Maybe the best students we have should get into college. Yeah, maybe that would be in the best interests of the nation. What a thought huh? Maybe we shouldn't have affirmative action for whites who have a sense of entitlement based on their race.

The only thang for it is an Out-Of-COUNTRY student classification,

who pays TWICE as much as an Out-Of-State student,

but that would just be TOO "racist" of us,

doncha know?

In fact, I'm a little surprised that Out-Of-Country students aren't just awarded SCHOLARSHIPS,

to cover ALL of the costs of their education.

Too bad WE had to work our asses off, to get the grades, for scholarships that almost paid for ONE-HALF of the basics.

What's REALLY too bad? Intelligence doesn't count for shit, anymore,

nor does FOCUS on a goal.

We don't NEED no thinkers, folks! We need Jr. Rocket Scientists!!!

The Peter Principal ~ EVERYONE will rise to the level of their INCOMPETENCE.

THAT's the America my father, only sibling (brother) and only child (son) fought for...

NOT!

Last edited:
All those Returd CEOs need to pick lettuce, beans, and cotton in the fields, or grab a shovel.

:lol::lol:

Just saw the CEO of my company, who I've actually met, several times (Which was hard because the guy was at my company for 3 years..and he raked in 30 million dollars) was sweeped up in a scandal which another CEO got frogged marched for..

He's also been overseeing massive "Reduction In Force" at my company.

Bet he's sweatin it..:eusa_pray:

Be nice if his next gig was picking up garbage and roadkill.

Sure.

The more the merrier.

The New Colossus

Go find out what those words mean. Then come back and apologize for your partisan idiocy.

Figures..that you might not know what it means. With your affliation and all..

But by way of a door prize:

Nazi ain't got no humanity. They're the foot soldiers of a Jew-hatin', mass murderin' maniac and they need to be dee-stroyed. That's why any and every every son of a bitch we find wearin' a Nazi uniform, they're gonna die. Now, I'm the direct descendant of the mountain man Jim Bridger. That means I got a little Injun in me. And our battle plan will be that of an Apache resistance. We will be cruel to the Germans, and through our cruelty they will know who we are. And they will find the evidence of our cruelty in the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers we leave behind us. And the German won't not be able to help themselves but to imagine the cruelty their brothers endured at our hands, and our boot heels, and the edge of our knives. And the German will be sickened by us, and the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us. And when the German closes their eyes at night and they're tortured by their subconscious for the evil they have done, it will be with thoughts of us they are tortured with. Sound good?
Lt. Aldo Raine - Inglorious Basterds

Feel free to look that one up.

In-state college tuition for illegal aliens

The college tuition that a resident pays to a public college or university in their home state is called "in-state tuition". Typically this is much less than the tuition charged to students who come from out-of-state. Allowing an illegal alien student to pay less than an American student is wrong. Yet this is currently being promoted in Congress under the DREAM act.

Oh gosh..

The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (The "DREAM Act") is a piece of proposed federal legislation in the United States that was first introduced in the United States Senate on August 1, 2001[1] and most recently re-introduced there and the United States House of Representatives on March 26, 2009. This bill would provide certain inadmissible or deportable alien students who graduate from US high schools, who are of good moral character, arrived in the U.S. as minors, and have been in the country continuously for at least five years prior to the bill's enactment, the opportunity to earn conditional permanent residency if they complete two years in the military or two years at a four year institution of higher learning. The alien students would obtain temporary residency for a six year period. Within the six year period, a qualified student must have "acquired a degree from an institution of higher education in the United States or [have] completed at least 2 years, in good standing, in a program for a bachelor's degree or higher degree in the United States," or have "served in the uniformed services for at least 2 years and, if discharged, [have] received an honorable discharge."[2] Military Enlistment contracts require an eight year commitment.[3] "Any alien whose permanent resident status is terminated [according to the terms of the Act] shall return to the immigration status the alien had immediately prior to receiving conditional permanent resident status under this Act." [4]

DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You guys are worse then the old Soviets when it comes to mis-information.

Maybe the best students we have should get into college. Yeah, maybe that would be in the best interests of the nation. What a thought huh? Maybe we shouldn't have affirmative action for whites who have a sense of entitlement based on their race.

:cuckoo:What world to you live in? We have a sense on entitlement as Americans, What is the unemployment rate in the Black community? 20% they should be among the most vocal opponents to illegals taking American jobs and lowering wages

[You guys are worse then the old Soviets when it comes to mis-information.

:rolleyes:They are already getting in state tutition, what mis-information? its all around the country.. So if I go To college in another state, I have to pay more then someone that’s here illegally wake up man:eusa_eh:

March 15, 2010
Illegal immigrants getting in-state tuition on the rise

The Dallas Morning News has an interesting story this morning, reporting that the number of illegal immigrant college students paying in-state tuition and receiving financial aid at Texas schools is increasing.

An excerpt from the story:

During the fall semester, 12,138 students - about 1 percent of all Texas college students - benefited from the state law granting in-state tuition, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Most of the immigrants among those students are illegal, and some others are not legal permanent residents or U.S. citizens.

Texas awarded about $33.6 million in state and institutional financial aid to those students between fall 2004 and summer 2008.

Texas was the first state in the country in 2001 to offer in-state tuition to illegal immigrants. Many states followed Texas' lead. But the climate was a lot different back then.

Now, as illegal immigration has become so intensely divisive, this in-state tuition movement has sparked a backlash. Some states are working on legislation to ban illegal immigrants from getting the tuition break.

Last edited:

Sure.

The more the merrier.

The New Colossus

Maybe they should move the Statue of Liberty to the southern boarder...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZpoDqf0vAw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZpoDqf0vAw[/ame]

"Why do illegals get to cut to the front of line, while millions of people around the world follow the rules and wait legally for years to live in the U.S.?"

Because we have a wimpy, whiney president who is also in a minority and encourages anything associated with minorities to flourish...

Forum List

Back