Illegals not welcome in Hazelton

rtwngAvngr said:
No. actually it will save millions of dollars in printing and translation costs, and will guarantee a minimum level cultural cohesion in the society.
We actually agree with something today! :beer:

Kathianne said:
We actually agree with something today! :beer:

It will be a drop in the bucket compared to what America will lose economically in the long run. But anyway i'm willing to let y'all have this symbolic gesture if congress keeps on going down the right path towards amnesty.

OCA said:
It will be a drop in the bucket compared to what America will lose economically in the long run. But anyway i'm willing to let y'all have this symbolic gesture if congress keeps on going down the right path towards amnesty.

I believe a nation has the duty to protect it's standard of living at least to some degree, and to uphold the laws and borders of the country. Amnesty is national failure on all these grounds. Why do you feel this way on this issue, oca?

OCA said:
Slavery? lol

Simply put and like it or not our economy is dependent upon this source of cheap labor, cheap labor simply isn't home produced here anymore.

One definition of slavery can be found here;
And I Quote "work done under harsh conditions for little or no pay"

You want cheap labor, then you want people to work under slave conditions.

OCA said:
This mayor in Hazleton, anybody ever been to Hazleton before? I have, my brother lived just across I-81 from there in Nescopeck, PA, its a shithole, its an old steel and coal mining town in the Blue Mts. and I guarantee you it was a shithole long before the last 5-6 years like the mayor is claiming, looks like he's looking for a scapegoat for the sorry ass condition of his town.

Yes, I have been to Hazelton and West Hazelton. I stayed there for two days and you are right that it is a shithole, but maybe it is because illegals have been the major reason of it being in the state it is, because some Americans are to lazy and scarred of doing the dirty work to clean it up themselves.

So I would suggest, if any American has a problem with Hazelton, get off your lazy ass and go clean it up yourself.

rtwngAvngr said:
I believe a nation has the duty to protect it's standard of living at least to some degree, and to uphold the laws and borders of the country. Amnesty is national failure on all these grounds. Why do you feel this way on this issue, oca?

Upholding the laws and borders is all fine and dandy except in this case, i'm all for securing the border but when it comes to the valuable work the illegals provide, work which won't be done otherwise, work which if not done will damage America beyond repair economically.

You do want what is best for America, don't you?

F41 said:
One definition of slavery can be found here;
And I Quote "work done under harsh conditions for little or no pay"

You want cheap labor, then you want people to work under slave conditions.

Yes, I have been to Hazelton and West Hazelton. I stayed there for two days and you are right that it is a shithole, but maybe it is because illegals have been the major reason of it being in the state it is, because some Americans are to lazy and scarred of doing the dirty work to clean it up themselves.

So I would suggest, if any American has a problem with Hazelton, get off your lazy ass and go clean it up yourself.

Here let me provide you with some stark differences between slavery and illegals:

1. the slaves were rounded up and brought here not of their own free will, illegals come here of their own volition.

2. Illegals make the decision to work, work is not forced upon them as it was with slaves. Illegals can do as they please with their free time like any other human being.

3. They get paid, slaves didn't.

4. They don't get beatings from their bosses, slaves did.

Your argument is fallacious.

OCA said:
Upholding the laws and borders is all fine and dandy except in this case, i'm all for securing the border but when it comes to the valuable work the illegals provide, work which won't be done otherwise, work which if not done will damage America beyond repair economically.

You do want what is best for America, don't you?

It would be done, maybe not at dirt cheap prices. I really don't care about corporate profits as much as I do about people. I'm not really concerned about americans who have quit working and live off their portfolio. The GOP is becoming a bunch of corporate fascists. That's why they lie and pretend there is no option besides trade wih china, an even more fascist nation they seek to emulate. But I'm not a dem either, im just... not a fascist, and believe the borders are there to protect the lifestyle the previous generations have fought for. Im not for dissolving our borders for the benefit of corporations and the stock market.

OCA said:
Here let me provide you with some stark differences between slavery and illegals:

1. the slaves were rounded up and brought here not of their own free will, illegals come here of their own volition.

2. Illegals make the decision to work, work is not forced upon them as it was with slaves. Illegals can do as they please with their free time like any other human being.

3. They get paid, slaves didn't.

4. They don't get beatings from their bosses, slaves did.

Your argument is fallacious.

OCA, You should go back and re read post 16 where I clearly stated "Does this not amount to a type of slavery?"
Cheap labor is slave labor, working under harsh conditions with little or no pay.

Why don’t you just come out and say you are for the want of illegal immigrants so they can do your dirty grunt work for you in the form of slave labor.

These people come here and for the most part are stuck with bosses that do not care for there hardships, much like you sound to me. Do you have illegals working for you, and that is why you want slave-I mean cheap labor?

Illegal immigrants are trespassing on our land and do not have a Constitutional right to be here, plain and simple.

rtwngAvngr said:
It would be done, maybe not at dirt cheap prices. I really don't care about corporate profits as much as I do about people. I'm not really concerned about americans who have quit working and live off their portfolio. The GOP is becoming a bunch of corporate fascists. That's why they lie and pretend there is no option besides trade wih china, an even more fascist nation they seek to emulate. But I'm not a dem either, im just... not a fascist, and believe the borders are there to protect the lifestyle the previous generations have fought for. Im not for dissolving our borders for the benefit of corporations and the stock market.

Lie 1. The work will get done....uhh no it won't, we have not been an agrarian workforce for a few decades now.

Lie 2. Its about corporations and illegals...........no, most of your hires of illegals are from very small companies, usually a farmer or a guy who needs help framing houses etc. etc.

If you are going to debate me please use factual information and not the catchphrases of Lou Dobbs and Rush "pills" Limbaugh.

Fascist? You haven't been paying attention to your posts lately, kind of like Mein Kampf.

F41 said:
OCA, You should go back and re read post 16 where I clearly stated "Does this not amount to a type of slavery?"
Cheap labor is slave labor, working under harsh conditions with little or no pay.

Why don’t you just come out and say you are for the want of illegal immigrants so they can do your dirty grunt work for you in the form of slave labor.

These people come here and for the most part are stuck with bosses that do not care for there hardships, much like you sound to me. Do you have illegals working for you, and that is why you want slave-I mean cheap labor?

Illegal immigrants are trespassing on our land and do not have a Constitutional right to be here, plain and simple.

Simple fact is you will not be able to deport them, any of them, why not take the only viable route and get them on the path to citizenship. Thank god we have a congress and president that is going to do just that.

Accusing me of having a selfish use for illegal labor is just a way of disguising that you have no case. Why don't you just come out and say you don't like Mexicans? That if it were whites coming across you'd have no problem because in the end we ALL know that is what is at the root of this SUDDEN(lol) interest in illegals when they've been coming across for decades.

F41 said:

Oh also it does not amount to any type of slavery?

Don't you care and want what is best for America's economic wellbeing? Or do you want extremely high prices for goods and services and the economic downfall of several western states?............but hey the brown skins will be gone, right?

OCA said:
Lie 1. The work will get done....uhh no it won't, we have not been an agrarian workforce for a few decades now.

Lie 2. Its about corporations and illegals...........no, most of your hires of illegals are from very small companies, usually a farmer or a guy who needs help framing houses etc. etc.

If you are going to debate me please use factual information and not the catchphrases of Lou Dobbs and Rush "pills" Limbaugh.

Fascist? You haven't been paying attention to your posts lately, kind of like Mein Kampf.

Yes it will. You can't prove it wouldn't, because we've had illegals in here all along. Quit stating things as fact when it's just your b.s. speculation.

It is about corporations.

Fascist is not talking about noahides; fascist is giving corporations complete control over society. your lack of patriotism and willingness to dissolve our borders is disgusting.

nomasillegals.jpg

OCA said:
Oh also it does not amount to any type of slavery?

Not if the illegal invaders keep their asses in their own countries.

OCA said:
but hey the brown skins will be gone, right?

Wrong. But if America doesn't start practicing some cultural protectionism the "white skins" will be bred out of existence and the national anthem will be sung in espanol at futbol matches.

OCA said:
Simple fact is you will not be able to deport them, any of them, why not take the only viable route and get them on the path to citizenship. Thank god we have a congress and president that is going to do just that.

Accusing me of having a selfish use for illegal labor is just a way of disguising that you have no case. Why don't you just come out and say you don't like Mexicans? That if it were whites coming across you'd have no problem because in the end we ALL know that is what is at the root of this SUDDEN(lol) interest in illegals when they've been coming across for decades.

I'm gonna jump in here for a minute.

Reading the news reports lately regarding the illegals picked up in Ohio

The vast majority - 82 - were from Mexico, followed by 19 from El Salvador and seven from Mauritania. Of the Mexicans, 74 were deported within two days of arrest. The rest are being housed in the Seneca County Jail.
Overall, 20 of those arrested were also wanted for or had been convicted of crimes

An Associated Press reporter and photographer accompanied a fugitive task force as it made Operation Return to Sender raids Tuesday night and early Wednesday.

The operation has caught more than 140 immigrants with convictions for sexual offenses against children; 367 known gang members, including street soldiers in the deadly Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13; and about 640 people who had already been deported once, immigration officials said. The numbers include more than 720 arrests in California alone.

This has nothing to do with not liking Mexicans and everything to do with wanting people to come here legally so we know who they REALLY are. Many of the raids have caught people from Eastern European countries as well as South American. Our hospitals have been overrun with people coming in for medical help and not paying, schools are overcrowded and with not enough income taxes coming in they arn't building new schools.

Yes, this country needs immigrants. LEGAL immigrants who are here to make a living. Not people who are here to work cheaply and drive down wages.

Here's a letter written in 2003 by John Mccain regarding illegal immigrants and their affect on hospitals.

Illegal immigration is a bigger issue than simply, them finding a job.

http://mccain.senate.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=Newscenter.ViewPressRelease&Content_id=700

Arizona faces a monumental crisis that jeopardizes health care services to anyone seeking emergency care," said Kyl. "Simply put, if Washington does not provide immediate assistance to help Arizona and other border states comply with these federal mandates, the overwhelming financial toll will cause more hospitals to shut down and force more health-care providers to abandon the region."

Despite the fact that immigration is a federal responsibility, medical providers, who have a legal and ethical responsibility to save lives regardless of immigration status, and state and local governments currently bear most of the costs for medical services provided to immigrants. In September, the U.S.- Mexico Border Counties Coalition found that our nation's border hospitals spent close to $190 million in 2000 to provide health care to undocumented immigrants.

Labour is as much a comodity as any other resource.

If you want to truly enforce free trade, NAFTA, and what has made America great since the signing of the Bill of Rights, you'll support business owners in their need for cheaper labour to provide a more affordable price, and you'll support "illegal aliens" who are willing to work at a lower wage, so that you can afford many of the things you buy today.

• Thanks
Reactions: OCA
Gurutoo said:
But if America doesn't start practicing some cultural protectionism the "white skins" will be bred out of existence and the national anthem will be sung in espanol at futbol matches.

Ooooh fearmongering at its best! This statement is equal to these other classics: "Repubs will take school lunches away" and "Repubs want to kill seniors by getting rid of their medicines".........only this time its the right using shameful Dem tactics. First Schiavo and using the judiciary and now this...its pitiful.

Trigg said:
This has nothing to do with not liking Mexicans and everything to do with wanting people to come here legally so we know who they REALLY are. Many of the raids have caught people from Eastern European countries as well as South American. Our hospitals have been overrun with people coming in for medical help and not paying, schools are overcrowded and with not enough income taxes coming in they arn't building new schools.

Yes, this country needs immigrants. LEGAL immigrants who are here to make a living. Not people who are here to work cheaply and drive down wages.

All the more reason to get them on the path to citizenship set forth by the president, with that in place you will know where they are and be able to collect taxes on them and schools will be built and many will acquire health care through their employers, some won't just like the hordes of native born Americans who rape the system everyday.

Thanks for helping my argument out.

Forum List

Back