Illegals, Drugs, Smuggling rapidly taking control of our Nation's Southwest border.

What are you like twelve now Amanda that's what your picture looks like.?

Nothing says "I got nothing," like going straight to name calling.

You will find a certain contingent here that will be glad to play those kinds of games, I'm not one of them. I like to discuss the issues on their merits, not the avatar of the person presenting the argument. FWIW, I'm old enough to vote and I do, so that makes my opinion worth exactly as much as yours.

I don't expect we'll be talking much but good luck, the wall of vulgarity you're going to be slammed with can be substantial.

"Parents who abuse drugs and alcohol can't always care for their children. They may be too ill to be the kind of parents they should be. They may be in treatment. They may be in jail. When substance abuse hits a family, grandparents often step in to care for the children who are left behind. These grandparents put their lives on hold so they can provide their grandchildren with a stable home and the love that they need so much.
Are you a grandparent? Are your adult children abusing alcohol or drugs? Then you know that every member of your family is in crisis. Your adult son or daughter needs help. And your grandchildren are hurting. They feel alone and unloved. They don't understand why mom or dad can't take care of them.
As a grandparent, you may hurt inside too. You may feel angry at your child. You might feel guilty because you think it's your fault that your child has an addiction. You may be ashamed that this has happened to your family. You might be sad and depressed."

I was going to be done after my last post, but this one slipped by while I was writing... Please, in the name of all that is good and decent don't let another one commit Lamification with this kind of outright spam. I think the good people of USMB may have run the original Lamifier out of town with pitchforks (or it may just be licking it's wounds somewhere :eek:) but this one looks like it's gearing up to take it's place. Beware, beware!

If you are victim of drug related Domestic Violence

Response and Follow-up by Responding Police Officers
If you believe you are the victim of an abusive relationship or domestic violence,
then call the police and allow us to assist you the victim. As the responding
officers are in route to your address remember that they are there to help you
and your children. Below is but a few of the issues that the officers will address
and what you can expect.

When the Police Arrive:

Tell what has happened and who is involved.

Tell the location of the suspect. (If known)

Tell if weapons were involved and there location. (Don’t approach the
officer with a weapon)

Indicate injuries you sustained. (Photos may have to be taken)

The Officer Will:
Write a report of the incident that occurred.

The officer will ask and /or determine if medical attention is needed.

The officer will help you if you wish to prosecute or wish to obtain an
order of protection.

The Officer Can Assist in:

In obtaining a warrant or order of protection. (The suspect's address,
work location, or other possible locations is needed)

They can provide transportation to obtain a warrant, order of protection,
or shelter.

The officer can assist in locating a victim’s shelter.

They can refer other social services as needed.

Executive office of the President:
Drug-Related Crime - Factsheet - Drug Facts

The National Institute of Justice (NIJ) Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) Program measures drug use among arrestees by calculating the percentage of arrestees with positive urine tests for drug use. ADAM data are collected voluntarily and anonymously at the time of arrest in booking facilities in selected U.S. cities.
Data collected from male arrestees in 1998 in 35 cities showed that the percentage testing positive for any drug ranged from 42.5 percent in Anchorage, Alaska, to 78.7 percent in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Female arrestees testing positive ranged from 33.3 percent in Laredo, Texas, to 82.1 percent in New York, New York. Male arrestees charged with drug possession or sales were among the most likely to test positive for drug use, while female arrestees charged with prostitution, drug possession, or sales were among the most likely to elicit a positive test result. Males and females arrested for stolen vehicles, robbery, and burglary also had high positive rates. Test results further showed that opiate use demonstrated a positive correlation to polydrug use: of the individuals who tested positive for opiates, three-fourths also tested positive for another drug.

Incarcerated offenders were often under the influence of drugs when they committed their offenses

By the end of 1998, State and Federal prisons housed two-thirds of the Nation's incarcerated population and jails housed the other third. From 1990 to 1998, the Federal prison population almost doubled, reaching 123,041 offenders. The State prison population also increased significantly between 1990 and 1998, from 708,393 to 1,178,978 inmates. At year-end 1998, the number of offenders in jails was 592,462, an increase from earlier. This number includes people who were awaiting trial and those whose sentences were 1 year or less.

In 1997 the U.S. Bureau of the Census conducted surveys of State and Federal prison inmates for BJS and the Bureau of Prisons. These surveys asked sentenced Federal and State prison inmates whether they were under the influence of drugs at the time they committed the offense that resulted in their incar-ceration. The percentage of Federal and State prison inmates who reported they were under the influence of drugs at the time of the offense varied across the major offense categories (see table 2). These same studies found that drug offenders and robbers in State prisons were those most likely to report being under the influence of drugs at the time of the offense. State prison inmates convicted of sexual assault and negligent manslaughter were among those least likely to report being under the influence of drugs. Federal prison inmates were less likely, with the exception of murder and weapons offenses, than State inmates to have committed their offenses under the influence of drugs.

I'm sure it's a lot worse now.

Percentage of State and Federal prison inmates who reported being under the influence of drugs at time of their offense, 1997

Type of offense - Federal prison inmates - State prison inmates

Total of all inmates 22.4% 32.6%

Violent offenses - Federal prison 24.5 ,State prison 29.0

Murder Federal prison - 29.4, State prison 26.8

Negligent manslaughter - * State prison 17.4

Sexual assault - Federal prison 7.9, State prison 21.5

Robbery - Federal prison 27.8, State prison 39.9

Assault - Federal prison 13.8, State prison 24.2

Other - State prison 15.9, State prison 29.0

Property offenses - Federal prison 10.8, State prison 36.6

Burglary - * State prison 38.4

Larceny/theft - * State prison 38.4

Motor vehicle theft - * State prison 39.0

Fraud - Federal prison 6.5, State prison 30.5

Other - Federal prison 16.4, State prison 30.6

Drug offenses - Federal prison, 25.0 State prison 41.9

Possession - Federal prison 25.1, State prison42.6

Trafficking - Federal prison 25.9, State prison 41.0

Other - Federal prison 17.1, state prison 47.1

Public-order offenses - Federal prison 15.6, State prison 23.1

Weapons - Federal prison 24.4, State prison 22.4

Other - Federal prison 8.1, State prison 23.3

* Too few cases in the sample to permit calculation.

Source: BJS, Substance Abuse and Treatment, State and Federal Prisoners, 1997.

Last edited:
Non-violent drug crimes are a waste of time and resources, and the government should not, and doesn't under the Constitution, have the authority to regulate what a person does to their own body.

the wall of vulgarity you're going to be slammed with can be substantial.

I don't understand what do you mean by that?

I mean by running off people that honestly want to converse and debate ideas you will be left with the dregs of the board. They LOVE to call names and attack the person not the idea. And they often do it with a flourish of vulgarity that would make a sailor blush. So if you've come to get down in the mud and wrestle with the pig you're on the right track, just remember the pig likes it, so I hope you do too.

I think the good people of USMB may have run the original Lamifier out of town with pitchforks (or it may just be licking it's wounds somewhere :eek:) but this one looks like it's gearing up to take it's place. Beware, beware!

You talk in riddles. Do you speak for all the USMB members are you the designated mouth piece? Oh, don't tell me, I'm going to get it now, right?

I think the good people of USMB may have run the original Lamifier out of town with pitchforks (or it may just be licking it's wounds somewhere :eek:) but this one looks like it's gearing up to take it's place. Beware, beware!

You talk in riddles. Do you speak for all the USMB members are you the designated mouth piece? Oh, don't tell me, I'm going to get it now, right?

You've already been had and don't even know it . :lol:

Non-violent drug crimes are a waste of time and resources, and the government should not, and doesn't under the Constitution, have the authority to regulate what a person does to their own body.

Exactly. I get pretty Libertarian about drugs and stuff like that. It's a huge waste of money trying to legislate morality, it always has been and likely always will be. Let non-violent drug offenders out and use the newly freed up resources to actually make us safer.

But local, state and federal laws do. If you want to do drugs have at it it's your body and your life, but beware of the consequences. They're not going to change the laws for drug users.

But local, state and federal laws do. If you want to do drugs have at it it's your body and your life, but beware of the consequences. They're not going to change the laws for drug users.

Local, state, and federal laws do what?

This thread isn't about Americans and Drug use by legal citizens in America. It's about illegal aliens sneaking drugs into America, and illegal aliens human smuggling on our southwest border with military style weapons. And U.S. based gangs that are increasingly coordinating with one another to achieve their objectives.

1. Drug trafficking organizations and human smuggling networks are proliferating and strengthening their control of key corridors along our Nation’s Southwest border.

2. The Mexican drug cartels wield substantial control over the U.S.-Mexican border. Law enforcement on the border agree that very little crosses the respective cartel territories, or “plazas,” along the Southwest border without cartel knowledge, approval, and financial remuneration.

3. These criminal organizations and networks are highly sophisticated and
organized, operating with military style weapons and technology, utilizing
counter surveillance techniques and acting aggressively against both law
enforcement and competitors.

4. Drug trafficking organizations, human smuggling networks and U.S. based gangs are increasingly coordinating with one another to achieve their objectives.

5. Federal, State and local law enforcement report new and ever-increasing levels of ruthlessness and violence associated with these criminal organizations, which are increasingly spilling across the border into the United States and moving into local communities.

6. Each year hundreds of illegal aliens from countries known to harbor terrorists or promote terrorism are routinely encountered and apprehended attempting to enter the U.S. illegally.

7. The existing resources of the U.S. Border Patrol and local law enforcement must continue to be enhanced to counter the cartels and the criminal networks they leverage to circumvent law enforcement.

HOUSE COMMITTEE ON HOMELAND SECURITY
Page 6.
A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border
http://www.house.gov/mccaul/pdf/Investigaions-Border-Report.pdfhttp://www.house.gov/mccaul/pdf/Investigaions-Border-Report.pdf

Last edited:
I'd still like to know what local, state, and federal laws do. quote]

They have the authority to regulate your every move according to the laws, if you don't believe me just defy them, spit in their faces and see where that gets you.

Last edited:
Have the authority to regulate your every move according to the laws, if you don't believe me just defy them, spit in their faces and see where that gets you.

I see. Well any law passed without the authority of the Constitution has no authority at all. As to the rest of your post, I am not a drug user so I am not inclined to "defy them" in this regard.

What are you like twelve now Amanda that's what your picture looks like.?
Twelve going on thirty.

But why does it matter. She's already got you beat in the maturity department. I wouldn't press it if I was you. :eusa_eh:

Just some friendly advice.

I don't take that as friendly. She wants legalized drugs and I want law and order. OK, you take her side. Mexico is the biggest supplier of illegal drugs in America. Bath tub drugs to fry your brain.

Well it was friendly. You tried to insult her intelligence by implying she wasn't old enough to reason out an adult answer. Thing is she is, she can, and does so very well.

That's all. I didn't take anyones side on anything other than that.

Forum List

Back