Illegal Immigration and the Mortgage Meltdown

with suppressed wages, less money is around to spend. Plus, they send most of it home too. Two facts decimating your view have been presented.
I don't think they do send most of it home, more like 10% gets sent home...it is a lot cheaper to live in Mexico than America...plus what they send home keeps those still at home there, no?

If employers were printing out the money I'd agree with your other point. But the money is still being spent, either by two cheaper workers instead of one reasonably paid worker or by the employer.

Overall, the payroll is less. And the 10% sent home (if that's even accurate) is an extra 10% that could be spent here. You have no valid arguments.
Au contraire, Asshat. I have common sense on my side. Here's a little article you can read to educate yourself.

Q&A: Illegal Immigrants and the U.S. Economy : NPR

The mortgage crises was made in AMERICA by AMERICANS, folks.

Trying to blame the illegal immigrants is goofy.

Illegals had their part to play in it. It wasn't all their fault or anything, but depending on where you live, their effect was a bit larger or smaller.

In our county, we had a very large illegal population. But, we popped the bubble before the downturn by the county police beginning immigration enforcement actions. So, by the time the real estate bubble burst, we had already had a bunch of "jingle mail," foreclosures etc.

I don't think they do send most of it home, more like 10% gets sent home...it is a lot cheaper to live in Mexico than America...plus what they send home keeps those still at home there, no?

If employers were printing out the money I'd agree with your other point. But the money is still being spent, either by two cheaper workers instead of one reasonably paid worker or by the employer.

Overall, the payroll is less. And the 10% sent home (if that's even accurate) is an extra 10% that could be spent here. You have no valid arguments.
Au contraire, Asshat. I have common sense on my side. Here's a little article you can read to educate yourself.

Q&A: Illegal Immigrants and the U.S. Economy : NPR[/url]

Illegal immigration supresses american wages. Businesses like it for short term profits, but it degrads our society, long term. I don't need to read your propaganda piece.

Illegal immigration supresses american wages. Businesses like it for short term profits, but it degrads our society, long term. I don't need to read your propaganda piece.
Fine with me, I get tired of closed minded people.

Fine with me, I get tired of closed minded people.

Why don't you just pick out the most compelling argument presented in the piece and explain it in a concise sentence. Can you do that?

THE DREAM HAS ENDED TIME TO GO HOME!

There is no doubt that illegal aliens drive down wages and send billions of dollars out of the country. Not only that, they cost Americans Billions in social services, court cost and millions to house them in our jails and prisons. Not to mention the cost of human life lost!

---

In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin. http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm

----

$200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens. http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

----

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0612/13/ldt.01.html

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

CHRISTINE ROMANS, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Immigration raids in meat-packing plants in six states. It all began in prison.

Immigration officials interviewing criminal aliens noticed a pattern. Again and again, illegal aliens serving time on unrelated charges reported they had worked for the same meat-packer, Swift, using stolen identities.

This raid on meat-packing plants, where wages have declined from $19 to $9 an hour in many parts of the country --

Last edited:
Du' oh! It's Speculators in the market with shit for brains: Let's see shit is a dark brown color, after all. Blame the darkies! Yeah that's the ticket . Those ghostlike imaginary derivatives, I bet Snoop dog didn't think that SHIT up. All thoses Wall street Geckos that think Greed is what is all about. Fuck ethics, we should get on our collective kness and worship profit at any cost. It is what the global economy gods call for, after all.

Du' oh! It's Speculators in the market with shit for brains: Let's see shit is a dark brown color, after all. Blame the darkies! Yeah that's the ticket . Those ghostlike imaginary derivatives, I bet Snoop dog didn't think that SHIT up. All thoses Wall street Geckos that think Greed is what is all about. Fuck ethics, we should get on our collective kness and worship profit at any cost. It is what the global economy gods call for, after all.

Yes. These were the more direct causes of the current crisis, but Illegal Immigration, or even Massive Legal Immigration only serves to drive down wages, and is a product of the same greedy mindset you reference above.

http://www.infowars.com/those-who-hire-illegal-aliens-are-todays-slave-masters/

The illegal aliens are smuggled into this country illegally for the purposes of cheap labor. In most cases, these illegal workers are paid less than even the Federal Minimum Wage ($5.35hr). In some cases, they are actually paid nothing. Unscrupulous employers exploit illegal aliens for huge profits. The illegal worker is always fearful of detection, therefore he cannot make complaints of inhuman working conditions nor of labor violations. Unlike any American citizen, the illegal alien worker has no legal recourse against unethical employers.

Forum List

Back