Illegal Immigration and the Mortgage Meltdown

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Is it just a coincidence that the areas that have huge illegal populations are also the counties that contribute so heavily to the forclosure numbers? Make sure to check out the map in the article.

Most foreclosures pack into a few counties
By Brad Heath, USA TODAY

A few of the 35 counties leading the foreclosure boom are in already-distressed areas around Detroit and Cleveland. But most are clustered in places such as Southern California, Las Vegas, Phoenix, South Florida and Washington, where home values shot up dramatically in the first half of the decade, then began to crumble.

Most foreclosures pack into a few counties - USATODAY.com

Most foreclosures pack into a few counties - USATODAY.com
The worst-hit counties are home to about 20% of U.S. households, but accounted for just over 50% of the nation's foreclosure actions last year, driving most of the national increase. And even among those places, a few stand out: Eight counties in Arizona, California, Florida and Nevada were the source of about a quarter of the nation's foreclosures last year.

Now cross reference that map with these maps.
immigrationroad.com/resource/illegal-immigrants-by-state.php

images.businessweek.com/ss/05/07/immigration_map/index_01.htm

Is it just a coincidence that the areas that have huge illegal populations are also the counties that contribute so heavily to the forclosure numbers? Make sure to check out the map in the article.

No it's not. The immigrants gravitated to those places where they could find work.

As did the builders to build homes, and the mortgage originating banks which sold people mortgages.

Now if you could quantify the NINA loans and show us that the illegal aliens were the holders of those toxic debts, that might make that point for you that I believe you are attempting to make.

Can you?

Heres the deal, Housing starts will tell you the story.

The places where the housing industry was booming is where the subprime was worst. Investment buyers would drive up the costs of housing in "hot" areas where they could not build fast enough to sell the houses. People would wait months for their houses to be finished because they bought them well before the projects were done because they demand was so strong.

Guess who they would hire to do the bulk of the work because they would work for so little money?

Now why did the Bush government never police the industry to make sure they were not hiring illegals?

Don't forget it only takes less than half as many jumbo loan defaults to equal the same amount of bad debt. All sorts of people reached beyond their means, not just the poor.

* JANUARY 28, 2009

Banks and Investors Face 'Jumbo' Threat

Rising defaults by affluent homeowners are raising the specter of another cloud over banks and investors, which could get stuck with thousands of expensive homes.

About 6.9% of prime "jumbo" loans were at least 90 days delinquent in December, according to LPS Applied Analytics, a mortgage-data research firm. The rate was up sharply from 2.6% a year earlier. In comparison, delinquencies of non-jumbo prime loans that qualify for backing by government agencies climbed to 2.1% from 0.8% in December 2007.

Jumbo mortgages average about $750,000 and can run as high as $5 million or more. More borrowers with such loans are being hit by layoffs that are spreading through practically every sector and pay level of the U.S. economy.

On Tuesday, the Labor Department reported that the jobless rate rose in December in all 50 states, hitting at least 10% in Michigan and Rhode Island. States that suffered the biggest jumps in unemployment in the past year include California and Florida, where the largest number of jumbo loans were made.

Banks and Investors Face 'Jumbo' Threat - WSJ.com

Yeah, as much as I understand that a lot of us would dearly love to pin this mess on illegal immigants, to date nobody has shown us any evidence that their assertions have any validity.

Yeah, as much as I understand that a lot of us would dearly love to pin this mess on illegal immigants, to date nobody has shown us any evidence that their assertions have any validity.

Yes, it's sad the way things get twisted around and the perception becomes the reality.

As much as I agree illegal immigrants are a problem and anyone who squatted on their mortgage has contributed to our financial troubles, SOMEONE gave them that money for those bad loans they couldn't afford. No down payment, no problem. No income, no problem. No citizenship, no problem. The predatory lenders simply DID NOT CARE. They took their piece of the pie and looked the other way. So now it's the poor people, who still have next to nothing, who stole all the money? I don't think so. :eusa_whistle:

Hi Editec:

Editec is missing the point of the Opening Post, or he is deliberately acting stupid . . .

Is it just a coincidence that the areas that have huge illegal populations are also the counties that contribute so heavily to the foreclosure numbers? Make sure to check out the map in the article.

No it's not. The immigrants gravitated to those places where they could find work.

We are talking about high concentrations of “Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals” sneaking in through the ‘back door’ in the middle of the night to steal identities and JOBS from law-abiding U.S. Citizens. These Illegal Aliens gravitate to the locations where they ‘can’ secure safe harbor among their relatives in highly-concentrated Hispanic neighborhoods. These people do not ‘find’ work, but they are invited to join the party by other Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals already here illegally and already ‘displacing’ U.S. workers. The contractor tells Paco to bring Juan and Carlos (Illegal Aliens) to fill the jobs vacated by Bob and Joe (Americans), so the contractor can get rid of his expensive Americans and get two Illegal Aliens for less than half the price.

As did the builders to build homes, and the mortgage originating banks which sold people mortgages.

Now if you could quantify the NINA loans and show us that the illegal aliens were the holders of those toxic debts, that might make that point for you that I believe you are attempting to make.

Can you?

More nonsense! The Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are living 10 and 20 in one house! The people going into foreclosure are Bob and Joe and every ‘legal’ U.S. worker being ‘displaced’ out of the local job market by all the GD Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals running around loose EVERYWHERE. The largest ‘Hispanic’ population areas are in the Southwestern USA ‘and’ the Southeast where I can tell you for A FACT that we have FAR too many Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals running around EVERYWHERE; which is exactly what the USA Today picture shows in the Opening Post link. Another map showing the foreclosures looks something like this (pic):

Click on the pic to realize that the USA Today schematic is very incomplete and that Ohio, Tennessee and North Carolina are also showing a steady escalation of foreclosures. The difference is that the Ohio, Michigan and Indiana problem has more to do with NAFTA and the exporting our the USA manufacturing base, while the rest of the map can show us where high concentrations of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are displacing law-abiding U.S. workers from JOBS; along with too much Outsourcing.

If you look over to the Southwestern side of the equation, then you see that the monstrous problem is expanding to Nevada, Arizona and parts north of California, as the Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are steadily but surely expanding the Illegal Alien Invasion to include more and more western states.

Are you done looking at the 2007 foreclosure rates map? Great! Now open up the 2008 map here and note the difference. Now imagine what 2009 is going to look like if Senor Obama and our idiot Congress refuse to 'enforce' the provisions of the "Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986" (Wiki) and perfectly good Immigration/Employment Laws already on the books . . .

This massive problem facing our once-great nation is about to become the very reason that We The People engage in the coming New Revolutionary War now on the horizon. I want no Illegal Alien Foreign National heads on sticks (not their fault nobody is 'enforcing' the Law around here), but every member of Congress and the Obama Administration will be the first in line . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:

Can you?

Yep.

VDARE.com: 03/01/09 - Minority Mortgage Meltdown (contd.) Pay No Attention To That Diversity Mandate Behind The Curtain

Just no question that minority/illegal loans caused the mortgage meltdown. No question at all. It was Bush's pet. Even the NYT had to admit this:

* Saturday, 03.07.09
BY ALFONSO CHARDY
[email protected]

Illegal immigrants going home, and local labor market at risk

Malaquías Gaspar left his farm village in southern Mexico when the economy soured in the mid-1990s. He headed north illegally and found the proverbial better opportunity in South Florida, where he made a decent living by picking fruit and building homes.

But the U.S. economic crisis has disrupted his life and the lives of countless other illegal immigrants who are now planning to leave or have already left.

Gaspar is among millions of undocumented immigrants facing new challenges brought on by slim prospects for legalization, more aggressive federal enforcement and a worsening economy.
Illegal immigrants going home, and local labor market at risk - Front Page - MiamiHerald.com

Occidental Observer

For weeks, writers like Steve Sailer and Ann Coulter have been pointing out that the economic crisis was likely caused, in large part, by the massive drive to give mortgage loans to blacks and Hispanics.

The reaction was easy to predict: Loony right-wingers and racists want to "scapegoat" minorities for economic problems that are really the fault of greedy whites.

But those critics are going to find it harder to dismiss the latest outlet for that observation: The New York Times. In a lengthy and wide-ranging Sunday piece, the paper puts the minority-loan angle up high, with a front-page photo and the caption, "In June 2002, President Bush spoke in Atlanta to unveil a plan to increase minority homeownership."

An inside photo shows a proud Bush touring a new development in heavily-black Atlanta, presumably staged to show what a Great White Father he is. One sentence in the story began, "He pushed hard to expand homeownership, especially among minorities, an initiative that dovetailed with his ambition to expand the Republican tent — and with the business interests of some of his biggest donors."

Happiness is shoving it in a liberal's face with information from the NYT.

Last edited:

Can you?

Yep.

VDARE.com: 03/01/09 - Minority Mortgage Meltdown (contd.) Pay No Attention To That Diversity Mandate Behind The Curtain

Just no question that minority/illegal loans caused the mortgage meltdown. No question at all. It was Bush's pet. Even the NYT had to admit this:

No doubt, as the OP shows, cities and towns are severely affected by the sheer number of home foreclosure despite the comparative dollar value of the loans.

Hi Valerie:

* Saturday, 03.07.09
BY ALFONSO CHARDY
[email protected]

Illegal immigrants going home, and local labor market at risk

Malaquías Gaspar left his farm village in southern Mexico when the economy soured in the mid-1990s. He headed north illegally and found the proverbial better opportunity in South Florida, where he made a decent living by picking fruit and building homes.

But the U.S. economic crisis has disrupted his life and the lives of countless other illegal immigrants who are now planning to leave or have already left.

Gaspar is among millions of undocumented immigrants facing new challenges brought on by slim prospects for legalization, more aggressive federal enforcement and a worsening economy.

Please allow me to fill in the blanks between the point being made in Valerie’s story ‘and’ the truth about what goes on here in my home state of Florida where I am a sixth-generation Floridian swimming in a literal sea of Illegal Alien humanity:

The point of Valerie’s article is that Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals (I cannot call them ‘immigrants’ = they come here ‘legally’) going home is somehow putting the ‘local labor market at risk.’ Some uninformed Americans are actually deceived into believing that ‘We need Illegal Aliens,’ because the ‘law-abiding U.S. workers’ have already been DISPLACED from the local job markets! The local employers cause MASSIVE ‘displacement’ of legal U.S. workers ‘out’ of the local job markets by hiring too many Illegal Aliens hand over fist. So, when someone actually comes along to begin ‘enforcing’ the Immigration Laws, THEN a ‘worker vacuum’ is created by the depressed wages handed out as peanuts to Illegal Aliens and ‘legal’ U.S. workers have already moved elsewhere.

These same unscrupulous growers and builders who hired Malaquias Gaspar and all of his Illegal Alien Foreign National buddies are ‘known’ by local Florida workers for hiring Illegal Aliens, so now they are wary to work for somebody so quick to saw off their heads. These same unscrupulous employers then whine like babies that “We Need These Illegal Aliens!!!,” because they have lost all credibility with the ‘legal’ U.S. workers in the area where this cartoon character created this ‘labor shortage problem’ all on his very own. Every local job market has only so many JOBS to fill, which means ‘legal’ U.S. Citizens must move out of local markets where the employers are hiring too many Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals. At some point, the ‘consumer base’ is destroyed in this local job market, because too many employers are hiring too many Illegal Aliens (Florida has between 1 and 2 million Illegals), which means fewer and fewer ‘law-abiding’ citizens ‘can’ afford to buy goods and services inside that local market. Then the local economy suffers (like we are seeing now) and the grower and builder must let the Illegal Alien’s go over the lack of local economic activity that 'they caused' in the first place.

Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals going home is really great news for the local economy, because eventually ‘real law-abiding’ U.S. workers will move back in to fill the jobs; but only after the employer raises the price to become a ‘real living wage’ that he should have been paying all along. NEVER listen to unscrupulous employers whining about how we need Illegal Aliens! Those are the people who want to pay out peanuts to Illegal Aliens and not a ‘living wage’ to real U.S. workers, so they can keep a bigger slice of the pie for themselves.

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Hi Editec:

Editec is missing the point of the Opening Post, or he is deliberately acting stupid . . .

Hi Terral:

That or editec understands that correlation doesn't prove causation -- something that you apparently don't yet fully understand.

Is it just a coincidence that the areas that have huge illegal populations are also the counties that contribute so heavily to the foreclosure numbers? Make sure to check out the map in the article.

We are talking about high concentrations of “Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals” sneaking in through the ‘back door’ in the middle of the night to steal identities and JOBS from law-abiding U.S. Citizens.

Yes, we are. And I am as angry about our government's master class (of both parties, just in case you haven't yet noticed that) failing to do anything REAL about it.

I am probably angrier about it than you are. I believe that our masters are ALLOWING this because of classism, and because of greed, in exactly the same way they have ignored the pernicious effects of free trade; just as they have put the burden of taxation on the working classes and given themselves enormous tax breaks.

These Illegal Aliens gravitate to the locations where they ‘can’ secure safe harbor among their relatives in highly-concentrated Hispanic neighborhoods. These people do not ‘find’ work, but they are invited to join the party by other Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals already here illegally and already ‘displacing’ U.S. workers. The contractor tells Paco to bring Juan and Carlos (Illegal Aliens) to fill the jobs vacated by Bob and Joe (Americans), so the contractor can get rid of his expensive Americans and get two Illegal Aliens for less than half the price.

Yeah, so?

What does the above have to do with making your (implied by your rhetorical question) point? Nothing.

Now, if you could quantify the NINA loans and show us that the illegal aliens were the holders of those toxic debts, that might make that point for you that I believe you are attempting to make.

Can you?

More nonsense! The Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are living 10 and 20 in one house!
!

Yeah, so? How does the above way support your argument?

The people going into foreclosure are Bob and Joe and every ‘legal’ U.S. worker being ‘displaced’ out of the local job market by all the GD Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals running around loose EVERYWHERE.

OH, okay, now you're finally making a point that might be germane to your supposition.

Yes, certainly illegal aliens are putting a terrible (I think criminal) strain on the working classes. It's infuriating, isn't it?

If you could quantify the number of Americans who, thanks to having lost employment due to illegals, were losing their homes, you'd be making a VERY POWERFUL argument to support you original position.

thus far all you are doing is explaining to us how angry you are that our goverment is allowing this to happen.

Most of us -- and certainly I am sympathetic with your anger

The largest ‘Hispanic’ population areas are in the Southwestern USA ‘and’ the Southeast where I can tell you for A FACT that we have FAR too many Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals running around EVERYWHERE;

Are you deluded enough to think I doubt that?

I was shocked when I return to my home state, Pennsylvania, to discover that those towns which were formerly mostly long time Americans of European origins where populated by enormous numbers of Hatians and Dominicans and Mexicans and so forth, too.

And that's PENNSYLVANIA, champ, not exactly a hop, skip and swim across a border from any of those foreign lands.

Click on the pic to realize that the USA Today schematic is very incomplete and that Ohio, Tennessee and North Carolina are also showing a steady escalation of foreclosures. The difference is that the Ohio, Michigan and Indiana problem has more to do with NAFTA and the exporting our the USA manufacturing base, while the rest of the map can show us where high concentrations of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are displacing law-abiding U.S. workers from JOBS; along with too much Outsourcing.

Yes, I saw the map. I understood your point.

What you apparently are continuing to understand is that I am also explaining to you how to cobble together a LOGICAL ARGUMENT to support you contention....which you are not doing NOW!

You see my doing so as an insult to you. You ought to be thanking me for attempting to school you on how to make your argument more effectively powerful to those of us who can think logically.

If you look over to the Southwestern side of the equation, then you see that the monstrous problem is expanding to Nevada, Arizona and parts north of California, as the Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are steadily but surely expanding the Illegal Alien Invasion to include more and more western states.

All probably very true, and all of it alarming, too. Not germane to your original point though.

Are you done looking at the 2007 foreclosure rates map? Great! Now open up the 2008 map here and note the difference.

The difference is the first map gives us less information about this problem than the second one.

Ironically both maps point us in the direction which your original post wanted us to go, but neither provides us with the HARD DATA that would prove your point.

Now imagine what 2009 is going to look like if Senor Obama and our idiot Congress refuse to 'enforce' the provisions of the "Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986" (Wiki) and perfectly good Immigration/Employment Laws already on the books . . .

You're under the impression that I am not annoyed by both parties allowing illegals to live here, aren't you?

Your ire, and the presumtive way you're attemtping to prove to me that illegals are not a good thing for this nation suggests that you are.

Well...you're wrong. I'm as incensed about this issue as you are.

This massive problem facing our once-great nation is about to become the very reason that We The People engage in the coming New Revolutionary War now on the horizon.

Sadly, the war that we might have now won't be a revolutionary war.

If anything, it will be another CIVIL war.

I WISH for a revolution of the people, by the people and for the people no less than you.

A new constitutional convention would be the way I would conduct it, were I in the position to make it happen.

So while my revolution might look slightly different than yours, but as to your point that revolutionary THINKING is needed, you and I are on the same page.

I want no Illegal Alien Foreign National heads on sticks (not their fault nobody is 'enforcing' the Law around here), but every member of Congress and the Obama Administration will be the first in line . . .

GL,

Terral

Ah! youth!

How I wish I still had your confidence that the American people were ready willing and able to throw off the yoke of our oppressive system.

I used to think that revolution was emminent, too.

Now I realize that that isn't possible until things are SO BAD, that most people like you and I are truly destitute.

It takes a LOT before people are ready to revolt, amigo.

Inertia is a very powerful social force for the status quo.

there is always that 5 or 15% of us who see through the haze of misinformation enough to know things need to be changed, but most people are happier not thinking about this sort of thing at all.

Hi Editec:

That or editec understands that correlation doesn't prove causation -- something that you apparently don't yet fully understand.

Please forgive, but I understand completely. These Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. Period. Unscrupulous U.S. ‘employers’ are using the 20-million-man Illegal Alien Foreign National Labor Pool to deliberately ‘pick around’ Law-abiding U.S. Workers to increase ‘their bottom line.’ I understand that Editec is playing word games to justify continued Lawlessness . . .

Immigrants? We are talking about Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals as in citizens of OTHER COUNTRIES. Right? Stop playing word games as if Editec is addressing a fool. These Illegal Aliens still DO NOT BELONG inside the U.S. borders. Right? The ‘immigrants’ are those coming to the USA through the ‘front door’ legally . . .

Yes, we are. And I am as angry about our government's master class (of both parties, just in case you haven't yet noticed that) failing to do anything REAL about it.

All I hear out of your mouth is insulting Open Borders Lobby Propaganda . . .

I am probably angrier about it than you are.

Impossible . . .

I believe that our masters are ALLOWING this because of classism, and because of greed, in exactly the same way they have ignored the pernicious effects of free trade; just as they have put the burden of taxation on the working classes and given themselves enormous tax breaks.

Classism? Please. The USA is being INVADED by Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals from all over God’s Green Earth and you are sitting here talking about Classism! We have New World Order cronies and Open Border Lobby idiots bribing our U.S. Congressmen and Senators representing the most corrupt governmental Legislative Body these United States have ever seen. The reason your Classism hypothesis has no merit is because the ‘haves’ are the very people about to wake up to the big fat surprise of the ‘have nots’ breaking down their doors to appropriate whatever they wish. Therefore, the upper ‘class’ that you want to give credit for the current Illegal Alien Invasion is nothing more than DUPES :)cuckoo:) working every day towards their own eventual demise.

Terral Original >> These Illegal Aliens gravitate to the locations where they ‘can’ secure safe harbor among their relatives in highly-concentrated Hispanic neighborhoods. These people do not ‘find’ work, but they are invited to join the party by other Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals already here illegally and already ‘displacing’ U.S. workers. The contractor tells Paco to bring Juan and Carlos (Illegal Aliens) to fill the jobs vacated by Bob and Joe (Americans), so the contractor can get rid of his expensive Americans and get two Illegal Aliens for less than half the price.

Editec’s Reply >> What does the above have to do with making your (implied by your rhetorical question) point? Nothing.

Nothing? :0) There is a GIGANTIC correlation between “Illegal Alien Foreign National Populations” and U.S. workers going into mortgage foreclosure! Period! Illegal Aliens have an easy time of finding ‘safe harbor’ among other Illegal Aliens and their families already here in the USA. And I am not asking any questions . . .

Terral Original >> More nonsense! The Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are living 10 and 20 in one house!

Editec’s Reply >> Yeah, so? How does the above way support your argument?

These are your original statements:

Can you?

Editec is playing his silly games. Illegal Aliens are not the holders of the toxic debts, unless American banks are guilty of handing out loans to Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals that are not supposed to be here. In that case, the evidence is pointing that way too (story). The OP hypothesis (and my argument) is that Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are ‘displacing’ U.S. Workers from JOBS, which causes U.S. Workers to go into foreclosure having NOTHING to do with Illegal Aliens holding any toxic debts. Then we must realize that 'renters' are far more exposed to 'worker displacement' than homeowners, because Illegal Aliens generally 'displace' workers on the lower rungs of the socioeconomic ladder. Therefore, the number of mortgage foreclosures nationwide is only a barometer on how bad things really are for the renters being evicted (displaced renters article here) from rental properties. This guy is asking for evidence to support the OP thesis that is very much self-evident with California, Nevada, New Mexico and Florida leading the USA in foreclosures, which just happens to be where the highest concentration of Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals are hiding in plain sight EVERYWHERE.

California has the highest concentration of Illegal Aliens (story).

California has the highest number of mortgage foreclosures (story). Do the math . . .

OH, okay, now you're finally making a point that might be germane to your supposition.

Yes, certainly illegal aliens are putting a terrible (I think criminal) strain on the working classes. It's infuriating, isn't it?

Lordy . . . :eusa_pray:

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Heres the deal, Housing starts will tell you the story.

The places where the housing industry was booming is where the subprime was worst. Investment buyers would drive up the costs of housing in "hot" areas where they could not build fast enough to sell the houses. People would wait months for their houses to be finished because they bought them well before the projects were done because they demand was so strong.

Guess who they would hire to do the bulk of the work because they would work for so little money?

Now why did the Bush government never police the industry to make sure they were not hiring illegals?

for the same reason clinton didn't and obama won't.......

$3.10 for an automatic knife with free shipping, now thats cheap how about the
buck 110 auto? Do they still make that thing here in the states? I think they were being converted into autos out west. Nice
knife, these guys also have a copy of a Buck 110 auto.

Terral is totally right. Degrading the standard of living of the labor force is not "business innovation". It's exploitation of a dysfunctional state to our south. it provides SHORT TERM corporate profits to the detriment of american workers, and the long term economic activity of american society.

Forum List

Back