Illegal immigrants leaving the U.S.

Ruben G. Rumbaut, coauthor of "The Myth of Immigrant Criminality" study, said: "The misperception that immigrants, especially illegal immigrants, are responsible for higher crime rates is deeply rooted in American public opinion and is sustained by media anecdotes and popular myth." According to Rumbaut, a sociology professor at the University of California at Irvine, "This perception is not supported empirically. In fact, it is refuted by the preponderance of scientific evidence."

The Immigration Policy Center study found that:

At the same time that immigration—especially undocumented immigration—has reached or surpassed historic highs, crime rates have declined, notably in cities with large numbers of undocumented immigrants, including border cities like El Paso and San Diego.
Incarceration rate for native-born men in the 18-39 age group was five times higher than for foreign-born men in the same age group.
Data from the census and other sources show that for every ethnic group, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants, even those who are least educated and least acculturated.
CIP Americas Program | Truth about Illegal Immigration and Crime

This according to INS/FBI 2006 report:

95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or "transport coyotes".
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.

Ruben G. Rumbaut, coauthor of "The Myth of Immigrant Criminality" study, said: "The misperception that immigrants, especially illegal immigrants, are responsible for higher crime rates is deeply rooted in American public opinion and is sustained by media anecdotes and popular myth." According to Rumbaut, a sociology professor at the University of California at Irvine, "This perception is not supported empirically. In fact, it is refuted by the preponderance of scientific evidence."

At the same time that immigration—especially undocumented immigration—has reached or surpassed historic highs, crime rates have declined, notably in cities with large numbers of undocumented immigrants, including border cities like El Paso and San Diego.
Incarceration rate for native-born men in the 18-39 age group was five times higher than for foreign-born men in the same age group.
Data from the census and other sources show that for every ethnic group, incarceration rates among young men are lowest for immigrants, even those who are least educated and least acculturated.

75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or "transport coyotes".
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.
Link?

LAPD Most Wanted List: (Anyone see a pattern?)

All Most Wanted - official website of THE LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

GeorgetownturnsbackonAttnGenAlberto.jpg

Last edited:

<<<

Just heard on the radio that Phoenix has the second highest rate of kidnappings in the world, Mexico city is number one.

well since Patriot wont post it......here is the link he used.....going by the source of it i would say the numbers may be bloated in their favor....but prisons in S.Cal. do have MANY illegal cons....so YOU decide.....

2006 (First Quarter) INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigration « Coalition Against Illegal Immigration

Sorry. I can't go along with that line. I don't think the INS or the FBI are in the business of LYING. I think the facts you see on that site are correct. Maybe the illegal alien coddlers would like to read some of it to get a better idea of the people they're codding.... criminals.

Nothing sounds sweeter to me than a report that the illegals are leaving. Hallelujah.

Last edited:
well since Patriot wont post it......here is the link he used.....going by the source of it i would say the numbers may be bloated in their favor....but prisons in S.Cal. do have MANY illegal cons....so YOU decide.....

2006 (First Quarter) INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigration « Coalition Against Illegal Immigration
Ah, so the information is from one of those chain emails. Sad that people can't look at the issue without resorting to lies and hysteria.

Nonetheless, illegals are a huge part of the crime problems in California, Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Washington, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Nebraska, Iowa...Do you want me to keep going?

I'm sure you've heard of MS-13. WHo hasn't, these days? Almost entirely composed of illegal immigrants.

Sorry. I can't go along with that line. I don't think the INS or the FBI are in the business of LYING. I think the facts you see on that site are correct. Maybe the illegal alien coddlers would like to read some of it to get a better idea of the people they're codding.... criminals.

Nothing sounds sweeter to me than a report that the illegals are leaving. Hallelujah.

you dont think these govt orgs. would padd their numbers to make it look to you that they are indeed doing their jobs?.....tsk tsk tsk Pale....

Sure, they come here, destroy our economy and then go home. Meanwhile, we are stuck trying to fix the problems they created.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pack up and go home to where it's a lot cheaper to live?

Is that a joke? Most of the problems are caused there because of trade liberalization, and the destruction of infant industries.

Sure, they come here, destroy our economy and then go home. Meanwhile, we are stuck trying to fix the problems they created.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just pack up and go home to where it's a lot cheaper to live?

Is that a joke? Most of the problems are caused there because of trade liberalization, and the destruction of infant industries.

They were coming here LONG before NAFTA. NAFTA has hurt us every bit as much as it's hurt them, the only people that it hasn't hurt is the already obscenely wealthy.

My job went to India, I could live a heck of a lot better in India on $4. an hour than I can here on $9. an hour, but would they let me follow my job? No, those jobs are for THEIR citizens. The truth is that in their home countries you can live a lot better on a lot less. They come here because they can make more, they under cut our workers and then they send money home and when things get tough, they go home and live on all that money they sent home. We are left to clean up the mess.

They were coming here LONG before NAFTA. NAFTA has hurt us every bit as much as it's hurt them, the only people that it hasn't hurt is the already obscenely wealthy.

My job went to India, I could live a heck of a lot better in India on $4. an hour than I can here on $9. an hour, but would they let me follow my job? No, those jobs are for THEIR citizens. The truth is that in their home countries you can live a lot better on a lot less. They come here because they can make more, they under cut our workers and then they send money home and when things get tough, they go home and live on all that money they sent home. We are left to clean up the mess.

That is not an accurate claim inasmuch as the immigration boom of the 1990's was caused by the economic upheaval of large portions of the Mexican working class...which lends credence to the infant industries argument against trade liberalization.

Forum List

Back