Illegal at Harvard on a Scholarship

Actually, that serves as an indication that there are isolated cases of illegal immigrants contributing beneficial services...as there are isolated cases of the opposite. There would probably be more of the former if border crossing was decriminalized.

Actually, that serves as an indication that there are isolated cases of illegal immigrants contributing beneficial services...as there are isolated cases of the opposite. There would probably be more of the former if border crossing was decriminalized.

No, it means we have to tighten up our ports and borders with 24 hour military patrol. We can't afford to educate our own children, why should we educate foreigners children. The illegals should look to their own government for free education. We need to make an example out of this illegal alien and deport him. We should start raiding the grade schools and let the little illegals lead us back to the illegal alien parents. We need to cut off free education, free welfare, free housing, free food stamps, free medical for illegal aliens. We need to make the schools, DMV and Welfare Offices reporting agencies, that report illegal aliens to Immigration Control and Enforcement (ICE)

Last edited:
No, it means we have to tighten up our ports and borders with 24 hour military patrol. We can't afford to educate our own children, why should we educate foreigners children. The illegals should look to their own government for free education. We need to make an example out of this illegal alien and deport him. We should start raiding the grade schools and let the little illegals lead us back to the illegal alien parents. We need to cut off free education, free welfare, free housing, free food stamps, free medical for illegal aliens. We need to make the schools, DMV and Welfare Offices reporting agencies, that report illegal aliens to Immigration Control and Enforcement (ICE)

Yet another uninformed post from you. They seem to be your specialty. You're obviously in favor of wasteful inefficiencies, while choosing to ignore the blatantly obvious fact that I've pointed out time and time again here. Deleterious economic tolls caused by illegal immigrants can be remedied by amnesty and the granting of legal status to illegal immigrants. Consider this:

Undocumented Immigrants in Georgia: Tax Contribution and Fiscal Concerns

The question lawmakers attempt to answer is: Do undocumented immigrants pay enough in taxes to cover the services used? For undocumented immigrants, the answer is unclear. However, for legal immigrants, studies have shown that first generation immigrants pay more in federal taxes than they receive in federal benefits. The same does not hold true for state taxes and services, however, as first generation immigrants often use more in services than they pay in taxes. However, the descendants of the first-generation immigrant correct that pattern and contribute more in taxes at both the federal and state level than they consume in services at both levels. Each generation successively contributes a greater share due to increased wages, language skills, and education.

I don't believe that those "increased wages, language skills, and education" can be obtained by immigrants while they retain an illegal status, as this places them into a disenfranchised segment of the population. The wages are probably the most obvious example of this.

While retaining an illegal status, immigrants are forced to either obtain low paying positions in the informal economy, (lawn mowing, house cleaning, etc.), or the lesser option that far fewer take of using fake social security numbers to obtain employment in the formal economy. In the former case, illegal immigrants' tax payments don't sufficiently cover their use of social services because of their low wages. In the latter case, immigrants' tax payments may cover their use of social services, but they are forced to commit a crime to obtain adequate employment. (It's also notable that in the latter case, immigrants do not reap the benefits of Social Security because of the fact that they use fake numbers, in which case the benefits will either go to the person who actually owns that number, or their payments will simply remain in federal coffers should no one have that number. So they're really only hurting themselves in that regard.)

Should illegal immigrants be granted amnesty, they would be able to unionize and demand higher salaries and benefits, at which point they could pay a corresponding amount of taxes.

Incidentally, friend, the "little illegals" you refer to are typically "little legal residents." Try again, slappy.

WHAT PART OF ILLEGAL, DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND? Point it out maybe, I can help you with it.

To Aid or Abet is to actively, knowingly or intentionally assist another person in the commission or attempted commission of a crime, such as illegally entering our country without permission or knowledge, housing them, transporting them or employing them.

The Law:

1. It is 'aiding or abetting' to "encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law." 8U.S.C. 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv).

2. It is 'aiding or abetting' to "conceal or attempt to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, illegal aliens, including any building or any means of transportation.
8 U.S.C. 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv).

3. It is also 'aiding or abetting' to "engage in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts." 8 U.S.C. 1324 (a)(1)(A)(v)(I).

4. It is a felony to 'aid or abet' in the commission of the above acts.
8 U.S.C. 1324(a)(1)(A)(v)(II).

Yet another idiotic failure on your part. You lack the ability to respond intelligently to arguments regarding illegal immigration; you instead choose to supply us with preconceived spam. We are fully aware of the illegality issue. The legal status of immigration is not pertinent to its ethical status, which is why I'm advocating for a change in law. Evidently, you are incapable of commenting on that.

Yet another idiotic failure on your part. You lack the ability to respond intelligently to arguments regarding illegal immigration; you instead choose to supply us with preconceived spam. We are fully aware of the illegality issue. The legal status of immigration is not pertinent to its ethical status, which is why I'm advocating for a change in law. Evidently, you are incapable of commenting on that.

smileyfuckthathurts.gif

smileyfuckthathurts.gif

you_fail.jpg

WOW, Here's an issue we need to worry about. Intelectulal illegal aliens. It is an oxymoron, as far as I can tell. There is another board about "them' taking jobs Americans dont want. Come on now, this is getting silly. Which is it? They dumb ass illegal aliens donkeys that deserve to be used and abused because they "Want a better life", or the opposite,legal immigrants tha t are realy inteligent and the have PHD's or the nearest equivelent and they want YOUR job? Guess what? illegal; aren' any better regurdless of what jobs they do....

Can't accuse illegal's of being intelligent. But, they do have strong backs and they do like being exploited. And what, being an intellectual means screwing everyone else because they deserve it? And you can give those greedy illegals as sense of entitlement? You assholes give illegal's this because of ..what? Do you jerks think they are worth it all? Come on, get real, you hate THEM more than we poor folks, we just expect more because of our American ideals. The difference here is, some of us have to deal with and live with the consequences. I live with these shitheads, Agnost, YOU don't. Do you? You just profit from them, and it an abstraction to you.

Been there, bub. Get you point. Some of my relatives live there, it's not the center of the universe. It just a point on map. It doesn't excuse anything. Boi. I live almost a thousand miles from this crap, and it must mean something that this is so personal a subject for either of us, isn't it? All they have to do is..Ya know. Immigrate legally and all that hoodoo. Why not? Some of my relatives, they agree with you, bub. Shhh; one of them is like six feet away from me...ponsona.

Legal immigration is not an option for many because the U.S. does not have an especially generous refugee policy, and American trade liberalization has destabilized many among the Mexican working class. This trade liberalization should be rolled back and border crossing should be decriminalized.

I am not Hispanic, not that it should matter. My Hispanic nephew just handed me my dinner...didn't ask him, he did it out of the kindness of his heart. Kindness, it's beautiful thing. Really. I don't have a problem with diversity and all that, just dishonest liars. His father, Jose? Hmm. Rather problematic. He's not a legal immigrant. What is wrong with that? I'd ask him if I really expected a honest answer. I suppose, that is why I post here instead. It that personal for me, agnost...WHAT IS IT TO you?

Forum List

Back