"Illegal, arrogant, and entitled"

No, they're not saying illegal immigration is a universal human right.

These young women were brought here as young children, they had no say in the matter; I can't fault them for their parents' decisions.

As far as affording their tuition, there are very few students who can afford college tuition, Ivy League, private or state. If they were awarded scholarships, then they must have shown brains and ability to qualify. I don't think the answer is to deport bright young people who have assimilated into our society and show such promise. Fast-track their citizenship and allow them the chance to give something back to this country.

Regardless of how they got into college, they took places that belonged to American citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

Send them home, along with their parents.

Both Penn and Bryn Mar are PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

Or do you NOT suddenly NOT believe in private property rights for organizations?

Be careful what you wish for.

If the government suddenly gets to decide who gets into PRIVATE SCHOOLS, then a whole lotta wealthy scions who get into this nation best colleges won't get those LEGACY acceptances.

YOu don't want to screw the MASTERS' kids, now do ya?

I just don't think Americans have a leg to stand on when it comes to immigration, you are all immigrants and the land you drive on all day, the land you dwell on stuffing your faces with food grown from, you stole so either give it back or shut up and accept the inevitable tide of immigrants from the neighbouring counties you have systematically impoverished.

These young women were brought here as young children, they had no say in the matter; I can't fault them for their parents' decisions.

As far as affording their tuition, there are very few students who can afford college tuition, Ivy League, private or state. If they were awarded scholarships, then they must have shown brains and ability to qualify. I don't think the answer is to deport bright young people who have assimilated into our society and show such promise. Fast-track their citizenship and allow them the chance to give something back to this country.

Regardless of how they got into college, they took places that belonged to American citizens or LEGAL immigrants.

Send them home, along with their parents.

Both Penn and Bryn Mar are PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

Or do you NOT suddenly NOT believe in private property rights for organizations?

Be careful what you wish for.

If the government suddenly gets to decide who gets into PRIVATE SCHOOLS, then a whole lotta wealthy scions who get into this nation best colleges won't get those LEGACY acceptances.

YOu don't want to screw the MASTERS' kids, now do ya?

Yes, private schools with LIMITED enrollment slots. Illegals take those slots, they aren't available for American citizens and LEGAL residents. Why punish people who follow our lawa and reward those who break them?

I just don't think Americans have a leg to stand on when it comes to immigration, you are all immigrants and the land you drive on all day, the land you dwell on stuffing your faces with food grown from, you stole so either give it back or shut up and accept the inevitable tide of immigrants from the neighbouring counties you have systematically impoverished.

How have we systematically impoverished our neighbors? And what in the world makes you believe our only illegals are our neighbors. One of the students in the artical is from Korea, hardly our neighbor.

The preceding message brought to you by: STUPIDITY

Sorry, but there is nothing very bright about demanding that people know you are an illegal alien. They are begging to be deported and should get their wish asap.

I love this thread. As children of illegal aliens, these two gals are caught up in something they neither wanted nor asked for. Should they be punished for it? On the other hand, should they minimize, exploit or gain from their parent's crime? What these girls did was an immature act by some confused children needing validation. Deporting illegal aliens does not violate human rights. Plain pure and simple. They should be angry at their parents for dragging them into this situation in the first place.

Declaring themselves "undocumented, unapologetic and unafraid," two college students were arrested by Philadelphia police Wednesday after a boisterous street protest that snarled traffic for more than an hour.

Tania Chairez, 19, a University of Pennsylvania sophomore, and Jessica Hyejin Lee, 20, a junior at Bryn Mawr College, planted themselves atop two banners they put in the roadway at 16th and Callowhill Streets at 3:15 p.m. and refused to move. The spot is directly in front of the Philadelphia offices of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the deportation police known as ICE.

Chairez, whose parents brought her here as a young child from Mexico, and Lee, whose parents brought her here from South Korea, are illegal immigrants. Speaking through bullhorns, they said their act of civil disobedience was designed to encourage undocumented people "to come out of the shadows" and demand universal human rights.

About 75 demonstrators, mostly from the city's Latino and Asian youth movements, assembled at Love Park, then marched to spot where the women sat in. Spilling off the sidewalks, the demonstrators chanted support for immigration reforms that would grant students like Chairez and Lee legal status.

"Out of the shadows, into the street," the demonstrators chanted. "No courage, no change."

Two undocumented immigrants arrested in protest

One hour of traffic blocked; extra police assigned.

U of Penn is an ivy league school. Bryn Mawr is private. I am wondering how they could possible afford tuition without grants and scholarships. Hmmmmm.

Illegal immigration is now a "universal human right"? I had no idea. :mad:

And since they are legal adults...i hope they are both deported... their parents hunted and sent after them.

That's where I would disagree. If they were very young and brought here illegally by their parents, I personally think we should offer them a route to citizenship - but, that route must include their parents - the ones who took the decision to break our laws - leaving the country permanently.

They don't sound to bright to me. Using megaphones to accounce to all they are illegals in the middle of traffic.

I just checked out the website for their organization here: DreamActivist | Undocumented Youth Action and Resource Network

I thought this was interesting. From their FAQ:

) I am a high-school counselor / professor and a student just ‘came out’ to me. How can I help?

It may be overwhelming at first but assure the student of your support and inform them of the DREAM Act and their rights under the law. It would be good to start a ‘scholarship binder’ for undocumented students as a counselor.

You can refer them to us, to immigration groups listed here and also try to make calls/visits to your local representatives office on behalf of the federal DREAM Act. A powerpoint and brochure will be available soon. In the meantime, please contact Educators for the DREAM Act

What part of of the parents message....
Kids keep a low profile did they not understand....
They should be dealt with according to whatever
law applies.Deportation.I doubt it...

How bout calling an attorney and finding out
what the next step should be in gaining citizenship.
These are college students correct?

Forum List

Back