Illegal Aliens

indago

VIP Member
Oct 27, 2007
Journalist Jasmine Aquilera wrote for The New York Times 22 July 2016:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melissa Padilla was doing research on immigration in her university library at Dartmouth College when she noticed the term “illegal aliens” popping up again and again. The more she saw it, the angrier she became.

“This term, and the way people used it to criminalize the choices our parents made in order to provide us with better lives, completely detracts from the brave choices and obstacles we overcame in order to survive,” said Ms. Padilla, 26, who was an undocumented immigrant for 15 years after her parents brought her to the United States from Mexico when she was 7. “I’m not illegal. I’m a survivor that continues to work toward a better future.”

Ms. Padilla joined with Dartmouth students at the Coalition for Immigration Reform, Equality and Dreamers, and they have spent more than two years petitioning the Library of Congress to remove “illegal alien” from its subject headings.

In March, the library said it would make the change, after agreeing with Ms. Padilla’s argument — bolstered by an American Library Association resolution — that “alien” and “illegal alien” are pejorative terms.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

Pejorative — expressing contempt or disapproval

Damn right it's a "pejorative" term, it fits to a T. Whoever said that breaking into this country, and living here under disguise, with stolen identities, is not contemptable. It certainly is met with my disapproval.

Actually, I have heard this one before. The term " Illegal alien" is both descriptive and pejorative, like it or not. Politicaly correct thought police can't divorce the two, either way. So far the PC moderators on the board haven't deemed that off limits, yet.

Actually, I have heard this one before. The term " Illegal alien" is both descriptive and pejorative, like it or not. Politicaly correct thought police can't divorce the two, either way. So far the PC moderators on the board haven't deemed that off limits, yet.

It's the correct term, used by the US government, to describe aliens who arrive here illegally.

Damn, the people that exploit illegal aliens don't like it when those of us that are hurt by them don't like it. They call us xenophobes. I call them hypocrites. They call us bigots, they exploit illegals and use them. All the liberals that defend illegals are just abusing and using Illegal aliens for your own ends, financially or morally. Either you people are fools or you are cynical users or enablers. There isn't an in between here.

“I’m not illegal. I’m a survivor that continues to work toward a better future.”

Journalist Karla Zabludovsky wrote for The New York Times 26 January 2013:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An outbreak of violence in rural southwestern Mexico has led civilians in a string of communities to take up arms and police their own communities, shining a light on the lack of state security as a new administration prepares to take on the country’s violence. The latest eruption of citizen policing began about three weeks ago in the small, mountainous town of Ayutla de los Libres, in Guerrero State, when residents picked up rifles and machetes and arrested at least three dozen people they said the authorities had failed to apprehend. Since then, the practice has spread to other areas of the state, with movement leaders and local human rights officials saying more than a hundred small communities are now patrolling themselves. Last week, local news media reported that indigenous communities in Jalisco State were also planning their own citizen police forces.

Vigilante justice is not uncommon in Mexico, particularly in rural, indigenous areas where there is a lack of police officers and mistrust of state institutions runs deep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

article

Rather than grant legal status, and citizenship to "the country's estimated 11 million illegal immigrants", they should be sent back to Mexico to join in with the vigilance committees there and help to stabilize their own country and reduce the criminal activity there. But instead, they run away from the problems in their own country and leave the heavy lifting to those who want to have a better country to live in.

From The Associated Press 28 September 2016:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A man suspected in a pair of Dallas-area killings was in the country illegally and had been deported three times to Mexico, U.S. immigration officials said Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Dallas County jail officials discovered the suspect initially identified as Silvestre Franco-Luviano was using an alias. The 40-year-old suspect's true identity is Juan Navarro Rios, said Dallas County sheriff's spokeswoman Melinda Urbina.

The false identity was discovered as Navarro Rios was being booked into the Dallas County jail after his transfer from the Williamson County Jail in Georgetown. He is suspected of killing a motorist in Dallas and a man at a gas station in nearby Cedar Hill. Police have not released a motive for either slaying, both of which occurred on Sunday night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

article

article

Damn right it's a "pejorative" term, it fits to a T. Whoever said that breaking into this country, and living here under disguise, with stolen identities, is not contemptable. It certainly is met with my disapproval.

It is a legal term and it still is. To call a legal term a pejorative is the height of stupidity and ignorance. You're an idiot.

1907. TITLE 8, U.S.C. 1324(A) OFFENSES
1907. Title 8, U.S.C. 1324(a) Offenses

Title 8, U.S.C. § 1324(a) defines several distinct offenses related to aliens.

Harboring -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iii) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation.

Encouraging/Inducing -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv) makes it an offense for any person who -- encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law.

Conspiracy/Aiding or Abetting -- Subsection 1324(a)(1)(A)(v) expressly makes it an offense to engage in a conspiracy to commit or aid or abet the commission of the foregoing offenses.

Journalist Jasmine Aquilera wrote for The New York Times 22 July 2016:
Melissa Padilla was doing research on immigration in her university library at Dartmouth College when she noticed the term “illegal aliens” popping up again and again. The more she saw it, the angrier she became.

“This term, and the way people used it to criminalize the choices our parents made in order to provide us with better lives, completely detracts from the brave choices and obstacles we overcame in order to survive,” said Ms. Padilla, 26, who was an undocumented immigrant for 15 years after her parents brought her to the United States from Mexico when she was 7. “I’m not illegal. I’m a survivor that continues to work toward a better future.”

Ms. Padilla joined with Dartmouth students at the Coalition for Immigration Reform, Equality and Dreamers, and they have spent more than two years petitioning the Library of Congress to remove “illegal alien” from its subject headings.

In March, the library said it would make the change, after agreeing with Ms. Padilla’s argument — bolstered by an American Library Association resolution — that “alien” and “illegal alien” are pejorative terms.

article

Ppl who are desperate to escape the third world and be Americans are contemptible?

Forum List

Back