Illegal Aliens and Drunk Driving Deaths

I can't think of too many policy initiatives that would, in fact, be easier. You find the illegals. You put them on buses. It's not rocket science. The fact that you don't want it to happen doesn't mean it's difficult to achieve. What's missing is the WILL to make it happen.

They are undocumented and they are scattered throughout the entire US. It's not like you're picking up Montana and moving it across the Mexican border.

Just my opinion on this issue, which takes both humanity and the burden caused by immigrants into consideration.
1. Secure the borders. Before we do ANYTHING else, this needs to be done. Period.
2. Give all illegal immigrants a 2 year period to come forward and work towards becoming legal citizens.
3. After the 2 year period, as Gunnyl said, deport them as you catch them (not that he's implying that we wait two years).

When we talk about immigration we tend to forget that these are people. We should be fair in at least giving them the opportunity to come forward with the lingering threat of deportation.

They are undocumented and they are scattered throughout the entire US. It's not like you're picking up Montana and moving it across the Mexican border.

Just my opinion on this issue, which takes both humanity and the burden caused by immigrants into consideration.
1. Secure the borders. Before we do ANYTHING else, this needs to be done. Period.
2. Give all illegal immigrants a 2 year period to come forward and work towards becoming legal citizens.
3. After the 2 year period, as Gunnyl said, deport them as you catch them (not that he's implying that we wait two years).

When we talk about immigration we tend to forget that these are people. We should be fair in at least giving them the opportunity to come forward with the lingering threat of deportation.

Delete #2. They are criminals here illegally. We don't reward any other criminals for their crimes do we?

Deport them and let them fill out the proper paperwork and come in through the front door legally.

No one is forgetting they are people. What keeps getting forgotten is what these people are doing to our social infrastructure, economy and let we forget making a mockery of our laws and sovereignty.

WJ made a PERFECTLY valid point. If a gaggle of people move in on my lawn, and have kids, I'm not going to allow them to stay, nor am I claiming the kid simply because it was born on my lawn.

Delete #2. They are criminals here illegally. We don't reward any other criminals for their crimes do we?

Deport them and let them fill out the proper paperwork and come in through the front door legally.

No one is forgetting they are people. What keeps getting forgotten is what these people are doing to our social infrastructure, economy and let we forget making a mockery of our laws and sovereignty.

WJ made a PERFECTLY valid point. If a gaggle of people move in on my lawn, and have kids, I'm not going to allow them to stay, nor am I claiming the kid simply because it was born on my lawn.

I just think it's more pragmatic to offer them citizenship. It's an incentive to come forward; therefore we won't have to create a witchhunt.

I honestly do sympathize for them. If you put yourself in their shoes for a minute the answer to this isn't too clear cut.

Huh? It seems to me the fact they're "people" is the problem... People who weren't fair to us to begin with because they broke our laws. This is like saying, "but bank robbers are people, too." Yeah. People who belong in jail.

"We should be fair to illegals," huh. That is rich. Fairness to illegals means giving them a few minutes to collect their stuff.

Only the considerations, gunny.

One, Bush did NOT "get away with" anything. Two, driving and drinking NOW compared to driving and drinking in the 70s-or-earlier are two, VERY different animals and YOUR old ass knows it.

The crime is still as relevant today as it was then and more. And the prez did get away with it. Should I call you Rumblestillskin? You just waking up after about 30 years?

Only the considerations, gunny.

The crime is still as relevant today as it was then and more. And the prez did get away with it. Should I call you Rumblestillskin? You just waking up after about 30 years?

A DUI 30 years ago was a slap on the wrist compared to what it is today and YOUR old ass knows it as well as I do.

There is also the point that President Bush was not a drunk driving illegal alien who killed anyone; therefore, irrelvant to this conversation.

Even 30 years ago the fine was heavy and you must have an attorney at your hearing and arraingnment.

A DUI 30 years ago was a slap on the wrist compared to what it is today and YOUR old ass knows it as well as I do.

There is also the point that President Bush was not a drunk driving illegal alien who killed anyone; therefore, irrelvant to this conversation.

The lil jerk used his daddy's credentials, got off the rap and skated on until about 1984 drinking and driving as he pleased.

Just what are you trying to say, gunny?

Even 30 years ago the fine was heavy and you must have an attorney at your hearing and arraingnment.

The lil jerk used his daddy's credentials, got off the rap and skated on until about 1984 drinking and driving as he pleased.

Just what are you trying to say, gunny?

I'm not trying to say anything. I was pretty clear. You on the other hand are just repeating the usual "We hate Bush" rumors.

Bullshit. YOU were trying to say that drinking and driving 30 years ago was or is somehow less of a crime than it is today.

I'm not trying to say anything. I was pretty clear. You on the other hand are just repeating the usual "We hate Bush" rumors.

And exactly what rumor are you trying to dispel? I certainly haven't alluded to any rumor in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so cute when you are mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullshit. YOU were trying to say that drinking and driving 30 years ago was or is somehow less of a crime than it is today.

And exactly what rumor are you trying to dispel? I certainly haven't alluded to any rumor in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so cute when you are mad!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, I didn't "try" to say anything. I stated a fact. Hell, until the mid 80s you could drive around in FL with a drink/beer in your hand, and JAX Liquors had a drive-up window.

Public acceptance has changed, and with it the laws. You trying to say otherwise is nothing more than a dishonest attempt to justify your accusation against the President.

New Topics

Forum List

Back