Illegal Alien Sob Story of the Day

My compassion for people who abuse the system is depleted. The only people to blame are his parents, who I predict are not contributing much. My hunch is that mama won't return to Mexico because she is getting some kind of freebies here. I'd place money on it.

This is your problem, you're so wrapped up with blind prejudice you can't get it through your head that we're not talking about someone who abused the system. We're talking about someone who was here LEGALLY, who was making honest attempts to extend their legality to permanent status, who has alot to offer to become a productive member of society, who got screwed over by bureaucratic incompetence.

Crap - there is a house right down the street from ours who I swear are making a living by human trafficking. A brand new car everyday and about 4/6 different cars every day I go by there!!! You can bet it's a drop house.

Instead he got a taxpayer funded high school education. They should be saying "Thank you NJ".

And his mother, as a legal resident and worker, is a taxpayer.

Where does the mother work Mr. Gekaap? She has "osteoporosis" and doesn't speak English. Why would you assume that she's a taxpayer? The article mentions no employment - and it's awfully detailed.

You are assuming they are givers. I am assuming they are takers. I believe my assumption is based in reality.

You are assuming they are givers. I am assuming they are takers. I believe my assumption is based in reality.

Your assumptions are based on nothing but prejudice. The day that we cannot distinguish between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants is the day that we no longer have any hope of defending our borders.

Got a friend current tangled in a immigration mess, too.

He lived his since he was 4 years old legally (lived here for 17 years) , as his mother had a permanent work VISA.

He wentto Canada to visit some relatives and now the kid cannot get back in.

He was enrolled and about to start college in Maryland.

Now he's trapped in a place where he is basically a stranger.

Now bear in mind he was here legally most of his live, knows no other place but America, his mother is here legally, but he cannot return to the only place he knows, too.

Trapped in CANADA?​

That must be hell!​

Are they forcing him to learn French?​

:lol:

Imagine finding yourself in a foreign land where you are completely cut off from your family, your friends, all the social connections you counted on in life.

Imagine having only a couple days worth of clothing, no money and no work history to help you find a job.

That's what this kid is facing.

Is that really too difficult for you to understand?

This kid is 18 and many young americans attend school in Mexico. It's cheaper and the education system is good. My friends daughter just left to attend Medical school.
18 year old American are sent to war in a foreign country to fight for their lives.
Send the little b**** home. He will survive. Depends on where he goes, he will be just fine. Kids go off to school in foreign countries alone all the time.

He lived his since he was 4 years old legally (lived here for 17 years) , as his mother had a permanent work VISA.

Now bear in mind he was here legally most of his live, knows no other place but America, his mother is here legally, but he cannot return to the only place he knows, too.

Trapped in CANADA?​

That must be hell!​

Imagine finding yourself in a foreign land where you are completely cut off from your family, your friends, all the social connections you counted on in life.

Imagine having only a couple days worth of clothing, no money and no work history to help you find a job.

Mexico opens shelter for deported children
Nearly 2,000 released in Tijuana without parents in 2010

Por: Omar Millán 11 Febrero 2011 @ 12:15 pm

Tijuana.- Without a parent to hold their hands or calm the butterflies in their stomachs, 1,858 children were deported to this city in the last 13 months, federal authorities said.

They had traveled to the United States mainly to reunite with their parents or, secondly, to find work. But in the course of pursuing their dream many had endured ordeals they won’t easily forget
Mexico opens shelter for deported children - Noticias - SanDiegoRed

Children younger than 18 are entering this country alone all the time and mosst do not have family here.

American living in Mexico?
My boyfriend, who is mexican, and I have been together for 5 years and have two boys together. We have an ok life here together, but he keeps telling me it woud be better in Mexico. He really wants us all to move there. How would a white, American girl who speaks no spanish do living in central mexico? Do you think it would be safe for my boys as well as myself?
American living in Mexico? - Yahoo! Answers

There is more to Mexico then drug cartels. That's all we hear on the news.

Your assumptions are based on nothing but prejudice. The day that we cannot distinguish between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants is the day that we no longer have any hope of defending our borders.

His education prob. cost over $60K in the five years he was here. Even if his mother was working, there is no way she paid that much in school taxes. That is not prejudice - that is simple math.

Being a LEGAL resident is not the same thing as citizenship. While I appreciate foreign workers in this country, they are still guests. Until they acquire citizenship, there will be a risk that they could be forced to leave. See editec's post. It may be a crappy system, but there are thousands of these stories. They can't make exceptions for them all.

How many foreigners are waiting to come here and do it the right way? Where's the compassion for them?

Trapped in CANADA?​

That must be hell!​

You mean like living in a neighborhood overrun by Mexicans where the police refuse to arrrest gangbangers because that will cause the crime stats to rise and the Town President swears crime has been cut in half.

You mean an American town that Americans avoid traveling through? You mean a town where most of the inhabitants refuse to speak English except when it's Food Stamp day and they must pretend to be American?

He is a tourist who wants a foreign country to obey his rules.

I am an American who demands that the US government protect its citizens from invaders.

I have come to the realization that our government leaders don't give a schite how we feel about illegal aliens in our country, etc. They care about how they feel, they should pay their salaries. I mean illegal aliens should pay Reid's and Obama's salary.
If they are needed to pay for my social security, why didn't I get a social security COLA the past 2 years and why is social security broke? And who is going to pay their social security?

Last edited:
His education prob. cost over $60K in the five years he was here. Even if his mother was working, there is no way she paid that much in school taxes. That is not prejudice - that is simple math.

Actually, its prejudice because you presume that she cannot be working in a well paying field and incur significant tax burden between income and sales taxes. It's also prejudicial because you do not compare any potential "shortfall" of whatever her paid taxes have been over her son's education costs, to the same potential shortfall of any other person in the school system.

Being a LEGAL resident is not the same thing as citizenship. While I appreciate foreign workers in this country, they are still guests. Until they acquire citizenship, there will be a risk that they could be forced to leave.

Never said being a legal resident is the same thing as being a citizen. But this woman is a permanent resident, and this boy would have been a permanent resident by now too, except for bureaucratic failings. Failings not having anything to do with any need to prevent this kid from being granted permanent residency.

Let me give you an example in a different field. Several years ago I moved out of state, to Texas, and before I got a new license I got a traffic ticket. Texas is about the worst record keepers in the world. First, they failed to notify me of my court appearance time initially. When they did that, they told my home state to suspend my license. Eventually I get a new court date and am found not guilty on the ticket. So the ticket is cleared, but they forget to tell my home state about that. I take my time, and about a year later I get a TX license. I'm there for about another 6 years. I move back home, and after a few months I go to get my license again. Find out that that ticket from so long ago is still showing up as unresolved. I call the TX court, and get a machine telling me to contact them in writing. I send them a letter giving them full information and asking them to pull up the ticket to verify it's been resolved, and to forward the info to my home state. Fortunately I live in a small town and driving is not really a necessity. I never hear anything back, and a year later I inquire again about my license. It's still there. This has all been a bureaucratic failing. I've been caught in limbo not because I don't deserve the right to drive. But because of bureaucratic screw ups. So, should I be eternally prevented from ever being able to drive again? Or did my new state do the right thing to grant me a sort of waiver by manually clearing my driving record and issuing me a license?

See editec's post. It may be a crappy system, but there are thousands of these stories. They can't make exceptions for them all.

Really? There's thousands of stories of people's paperwork getting lost in the shuffle for years on end? That's an extraordinary claim, and demands extraordinary evidence.

How many foreigners are waiting to come here and do it the right way? Where's the compassion for them?

HE CAME HERE THE RIGHT WAY!!!! Like I said, if we can't comprehend the difference between this kid who came here legally, and people who come here illegally, then we've already lost the battle.

Actually, its prejudice because you presume that she cannot be working in a well paying field and incur significant tax burden between income and sales taxes. It's also prejudicial because you do not compare any potential "shortfall" of whatever her paid taxes have been over her son's education costs, to the same potential shortfall of any other person in the school system.

Being a LEGAL resident is not the same thing as citizenship. While I appreciate foreign workers in this country, they are still guests. Until they acquire citizenship, there will be a risk that they could be forced to leave.

Never said being a legal resident is the same thing as being a citizen. But this woman is a permanent resident, and this boy would have been a permanent resident by now too, except for bureaucratic failings. Failings not having anything to do with any need to prevent this kid from being granted permanent residency.

Let me give you an example in a different field. Several years ago I moved out of state, to Texas, and before I got a new license I got a traffic ticket. Texas is about the worst record keepers in the world. First, they failed to notify me of my court appearance time initially. When they did that, they told my home state to suspend my license. Eventually I get a new court date and am found not guilty on the ticket. So the ticket is cleared, but they forget to tell my home state about that. I take my time, and about a year later I get a TX license. I'm there for about another 6 years. I move back home, and after a few months I go to get my license again. Find out that that ticket from so long ago is still showing up as unresolved. I call the TX court, and get a machine telling me to contact them in writing. I send them a letter giving them full information and asking them to pull up the ticket to verify it's been resolved, and to forward the info to my home state. Fortunately I live in a small town and driving is not really a necessity. I never hear anything back, and a year later I inquire again about my license. It's still there. This has all been a bureaucratic failing. I've been caught in limbo not because I don't deserve the right to drive. But because of bureaucratic screw ups. So, should I be eternally prevented from ever being able to drive again? Or did my new state do the right thing to grant me a sort of waiver by manually clearing my driving record and issuing me a license?

See editec's post. It may be a crappy system, but there are thousands of these stories. They can't make exceptions for them all.

Really? There's thousands of stories of people's paperwork getting lost in the shuffle for years on end? That's an extraordinary claim, and demands extraordinary evidence.

HE CAME HERE THE RIGHT WAY!!!! Like I said, if we can't comprehend the difference between this kid who came here legally, and people who come here illegally, then we've already lost the battle.

FROM THE ARTICLE: Tapia immigrated here illegally about five years ago But because he unlawfully crossed the border and now is an adult, he is likely to face a 10-year ban from setting foot on U.S. soil, regardless of whether he qualifies for residency status. T:eusa_wall:

Last edited:
Trapped in CANADA?​

That must be hell!​

This kid is 18 and many young americans attend school in Mexico. It's cheaper and the education system is good. My friends daughter just left to attend Medical school.
18 year old American are sent to war in a foreign country to fight for their lives.Send the little b**** home. He will survive. Depends on where he goes, he will be just fine. Kids go off to school in foreign countries alone all the time.

Those 18 years olds signed on the dotted line, no one is making them join the Military.

imagine finding yourself in a foreign land where you are completely cut off from your family, your friends, all the social connections you counted on in life.

this kid is 18 and many young americans attend school in mexico. It's cheaper and the education system is good. My friends daughter just left to attend medical school.
18 year old american are sent to war in a foreign country to fight for their lives.send the little b**** home. He will survive. Depends on where he goes, he will be just fine. Kids go off to school in foreign countries alone all the time.

those 18 years olds signed on the dotted line, no one is making them join the military.

draft.

this kid is 18 and many young americans attend school in mexico. It's cheaper and the education system is good. My friends daughter just left to attend medical school.
18 year old american are sent to war in a foreign country to fight for their lives.send the little b**** home. He will survive. Depends on where he goes, he will be just fine. Kids go off to school in foreign countries alone all the time.

those 18 years olds signed on the dotted line, no one is making them join the military.

draft.

Umm last time I checked the last draft was decades ago, and these 18 year olds in the service now were not even thought of back than.

But when I thought about his plans to attend MIT, I got pissed. No one in his family speaks English, which leads me to believe they might not have the quarter mil to pay for his schooling. So - who's gonna pick up that tab?

With grades like that I'm sure he'd be in line for merit based scholarships. I have no problem with him being given a waiver. He's obviously a driven kid with something to offer. I'm not in favor of federal grant money being made available to him, but I see no reason to not avail to him loans that would be repaid, as long as he becomes documented.
Wrong answer, deport his smart ass.

Forum List

Back