I'll See Your Jihad...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
8925f606f15dba86de9905e3bcae8386.jpg

I was talking to one of my son's friends and asked him if there was a war (a big war, which I feel now is inevitable) would he fight.

He said he would be a conscientious objector, because his particular sect of Orthodox Christianity was "peaceful" and that he believed in self-defense, but not murder.

I said the Orthodox have been involved in plenty of wars.

I also said that I had a short experience in the military, and there were plenty of Christians, and even chaplins to serve them.

And he said he believed in the words of Christ, not chaplains.

And then I really started getting pissed off. My return to Christianity began while I was in the military.

I said, "There is nothing un-Christian about being a soldier, and fighting for your country."

And there isn't.

Any Christian who bad-mouths the military as un-Christian is disgracing himself, in my opinion, because if it weren't for Christian soldiers who fought and laid down their lives defending Christian Europe, there would not be a Christian religion today.

Articles: In History: Western Civilization Saved from Islam at Battle of Tours

LEPANTO: THE BATTLE THAT SAVED WESTERN EUROPE - obeyallgodcommands

Last edited:
Not in God's name. Never again! God never called any Christian to wage Crusades against anyone. That is the work of the devil. Not God. More evidence that the Vatican and its people have not changed their ways. Do not attach God's name or "Christian" to your Crusades! He will have no part of it! Neither will I.

No where in the Bible did Jesus have a military, a city, trillions in the bank, creating wars, assassinating kings, presidents, rulers, Jesus never once put a crown on his head full of gold and jewels and parade about before the people, Jesus had no place to lay his head....... Jesus Christ of the Bible says love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you. He never told his followers to murder anyone!

IT IS WRITTEN:

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
Luke 6:27,28,29

Who said that? Jesus Christ said that. Jesus Christ is God. Not your Pope!

Last edited:

I was talking to one of my son's friends and asked him if there was a war (a big war, which I feel now is inevitable) would he fight.

He said he would be a conscientious objector, because his particular sect of Orthodox Christianity was "peaceful" and that he believed in self-defense, but not murder.

I also said that I had a short experience in the military, and there were plenty of Christians, and even chaplins to serve them.

And then I really started getting pissed off. My return to Christianity began while I was in the military.

I said, "There is nothing un-Christian about being a soldier, and fighting for your country."

And there isn't.

Any Christian who bad-mouths the military as un-Christian is disgracing himself, in my opinion, because if it weren't for Christian soldiers who fought and laid down their lives defending Christian Europe, there would not be a Christian religion today.

Christian and soldier are not the same thing.

And there isn't.

No Church calls their people to fight a war against Muslims! You're backpedaling here! The Crusades were fought by Roman Catholic religious anti-Christ zealots! Christians do not kill in the name of God! Wake up! You're in a cult! Their about to repeat history and you want to join them? REPENT!

Jeremiah, when the time comes, Christians WILL fight, and it will be your choice to make yourself useful and help us, or be useless and refuse.

No Church calls their people to fight a war against Muslims! You're backpedaling here! The Crusades were fought by Roman Catholic religious anti-Christ zealots! Christians do not kill in the name of God! Wake up! You're in a cult! Their about to repeat history and you want to join them? REPENT!

If we do not fight the islamic insanity they will destroy the world.

Jeremiah, if you refuse to shoot at the enemy, then you will tend for the wounded on the front lines and get shot at any way, and perhaps you will die.

And I believe that my son will probably die.

We have lived in a 75 year period of relative peace and plenty enforced by American power, but all that is unwinding now, and the world war that has been long put off is finally coming. It is no more than five years off I think, maybe less.

And there isn't.

Never commit the SIN of taking your internet life into real life. You will lose your friend because you were angry at his son.

Believe me, my internet life has gone into real life at least twice, you don't want the shit storm.

What happens on the net, stays on the net.

And there isn't.

Before the Christians could expel the Muslims in Europe, they had to learn to stop fighting and killing each other over their schism of Christian doctrine and leadership...

Jeremiah, if you refuse to shoot at the enemy, then you will tend for the wounded on the front lines and get shot at any way, and perhaps you will die.

And I believe that my son will probably die.

We have lived in a 75 year period of relative peace and plenty enforced by American power, but all that is unwinding now, and the world war that has been long put off is finally coming. It is no more than five years off I think, maybe less.
When did this peace on Earth occur again?

It's not quite as cut and dry as many think.

Let's look at Luke 22:
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
During that time, many had to fend off robbers. He was telling them to be prepared when appropriate as He sent them forth.
Revelations also has words telling them.
Look at Romans 12:
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Notice the qualifier ~if~
He tells us there is a responsibility to safeguard from evil, our neighbor.

There is much more. Two sources I believe explain it well are
What the Bible Says about War
WAR - What is the Christian perspective on war? • ChristianAnswers.Net

I have a feeling we may need to agree to disagree, but I ask you to search a little deeper for the answer to the question-not just skim the surface.

Not in God's name. Never again! God never called any Christian to wage Crusades against anyone. That is the work of the devil. Not God. More evidence that the Vatican and its people have not changed their ways. Do not attach God's name or "Christian" to your Crusades! He will have no part of it! Neither will I.

No where in the Bible did Jesus have a military, a city, trillions in the bank, creating wars, assassinating kings, presidents, rulers, Jesus never once put a crown on his head full of gold and jewels and parade about before the people, Jesus had no place to lay his head....... Jesus Christ of the Bible says love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you. He never told his followers to murder anyone!

IT IS WRITTEN:

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

It's not quite as cut and dry as many think.

Let's look at Luke 22:
36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.
During that time, many had to fend off robbers. He was telling them to be prepared when appropriate as He sent them forth.
Revelations also has words telling them.
Look at Romans 12:
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Notice the qualifier ~if~
He tells us there is a responsibility to safeguard from evil, our neighbor.

There is much more. Two sources I believe explain it well are
What the Bible Says about War
WAR - What is the Christian perspective on war? • ChristianAnswers.Net

I have a feeling we may need to agree to disagree, but I ask you to search a little deeper for the answer to the question-not just skim the surface.

IT IS WRITTEN:

It is not necessary to delve deeper into the matter. The Roman Catholic Crusades were not of God. You are using a scripture to justify an organization calling itself a "church" and then commencing to go to war against a specific people group. No where, I do repeat, NO WHERE in the Bible are Believers in Jesus Christ called to take such action (to hunt down, torture and murder for their god - the Pope).

The teachings of the Jesuits / Roman Catholic Doctrine is not found in Scripture.

Have you ever examined the Extreme Oath high level Jesuits take? You should have a look! It's a real eye opener! These men are servants of Satan, not servants of God.

So much for your failed messiah, Jews rejected crazy yeshu because he didn't fulfill the prophecies of the messiah, only non jews accept him because they have no knowledge of torah and his story fits well with their earlier pagan religions of god men

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)

(1) Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
  2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
  3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
  4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

So much for your failed messiah, Jews rejected crazy yeshu because he didn't fulfill the prophecies of the messiah, only non jews accept him because they have no knowledge of torah and his story fits well with their earlier pagan religions of god men

The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)

(1) Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)

Specifically, the Bible says he will:

1. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
  2. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
  3. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
  4. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.

Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Bible no concept of a second coming exists.

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

Jesus did fulfill the prophecies so that couldn't be why they rejected him. I'll tell you why they rejected him.

John12:42-43 That's what happened. It's still happening today.

I never figured you to be one that would do that. You seem tougher than that and do not appear to be moved by public opinion, Guno. It's a good thing. The crowds are fickle. One day they love you and the next.......they don't. Look at King David's life.

Forum List

Back