Ill officials miss the deadline to mail military ballots, deliver ballots to inmates

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Right now, there are tens of thousands of servicemembers fighting overseas to defend our rights and freedoms. One of America’s most cherished rights is the right to vote. There was a very loud outcry when New York officials somehow missed the deadline to send out military ballots. Well, first it was New York, and now it’s Illinois. And Illinois has miraculously managed to be even more outrageous than New York. While 35 counties failed to mail the military ballots in time, election officials made sure that inmates get the chance to vote by hand delivering ballots to prisons. So those are the priorities in Illinois, huh? The men and women who are putting their lives on the line for us aren’t important enough to get ballots sent to on time, but criminals get theirs hand delivered.:cuckoo:

Priorities: Illinois officials miss the deadline to mail military ballots; hand-deliver ballots to inmates The Greenroom

Last edited:
Right now, there are tens of thousands of servicemembers fighting overseas to defend our rights and freedoms. One of America’s most cherished rights is the right to vote. There was a very loud outcry when New York officials somehow missed the deadline to send out military ballots. Well, first it was New York, and now it’s Illinois. And Illinois has miraculously managed to be even more outrageous than New York. While 35 counties failed to mail the military ballots in time, election officials made sure that inmates get the chance to vote by hand delivering ballots to prisons. So those are the priorities in Illinois, huh? The men and women who are putting their lives on the line for us aren’t important enough to get ballots sent to on time, but criminals get theirs hand delivered.:cuckoo:

Priorities: Illinois officials miss the deadline to mail military ballots; hand-deliver ballots to inmates The Greenroom

Chicago-style politics at its best!

Don't worry Erick Holders got it covered:evil:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU[/ame]

The Illinois state constitution says:

SECTION 2. VOTING DISQUALIFICATIONS
A person convicted of a felony, or otherwise under
sentence in a correctional institution or jail, shall lose
the right to vote, which right shall be restored not later
than upon completion of his sentence.
(Source: Illinois Constitution.)​

No one in jail in Illinois may legally vote.

Yet more proof that Democrats hate democracy.

Hate to break this to you, but most people in "jail" are not "under sentence".

Most people in jail are awaiting trial. Should they be denied the right to vote?

Just amazing. I wonder how many dead people got their ballots on time?

Most people in jail are awaiting trial. Should they be denied the right to vote?
No. But I have no confidence that Chicago Democrats will make that distinction.

So you're assuming that the Board of Elections will knowingly break the law, just because you might possibly disagree with them politically?

So you're assuming that the Board of Elections will knowingly break the law, just because you might possibly disagree with them politically?
No, I'm assuming that the Board of Elections will knowingly break the law because Chicago has a long an colorful history of political corruption.

You can deny it, but not credibly.

Frankly I default assume politicians will do anything. From Either Side. So when the feint scent of a rat pops up. I tend to believe it is a rat. :)

I can believe this. I live in illinois and the corruption is thick. These peterheads know the this is their only chance of staying in office. Bet Hannity would love to know about this.

Frankly I default assume politicians will do anything. From Either Side. So when the feint scent of a rat pops up. I tend to believe it is a rat. :)

What politician in Chicago would need to "supress" the military ballot? Do you really think that any republican running in Chicago would come within 2,700 of winning?

I'm not saying I put it past politicians. But you've got to look at this seriously. Apply Ocham's razor. Which is more likely - an incompetant fuckup, or a massive conspiracy?

A.) Felons can't vote.
B.) Failure to obtain ballots is the fault of the 1 shop (G1 or S1) and not the government.

The nice thing about the military is, unlike the civilian word, they don't blame their fuck ups on the government.

Who should be the priority in you're mind? People awaiting trial for a crime or our military? Friken apologist... You're a joke

Forum List

Back