"I'll kill him graveyard dead"

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
Woman Shoots Intruder During 911 Call - The Early Show - CBS News
Oklahoma resident Donna Jackson faced a life or death situation when an intruder tried to break into her rural-area home last Friday.

Home alone, but armed with a shotgun, 57-year-old Jackson called 911 and begged for help, but police couldnt get there before the man was able to break through a glass door with a chair and patio table.

Jackson, who stayed on the phone with the 911 dispatcher, can be heard in the call saying, "I don't want to have to kill this man, but I'll kill him graveyard dead, ma'am."

When the intruder broke through the door, Jackson dropped the phone. A minute later, Jackson was forced to shoot, and the suspect, Billy Riley, 53, was killed. According to the local district attorney's office, Jackson won't be charged with a crime. During the call, the 911 operator told Jackson it was legal for her to defend her home.

I suppose you anti gun freaks would rather she got raped and killed by this intruder.

Gee, what were the odds that this woman would be threatened in her own home?

One in a billion? Looks like she hit the lottery, good thing she had that shotgun.

He was an amazing call. Her calmness, her level-headedness, her high level of remorse and her great aim!:clap2:

Oklahoma resident Donna Jackson faced a life or death situation when an intruder tried to break into her rural-area home last Friday.

Home alone, but armed with a shotgun, 57-year-old Jackson called 911 and begged for help, but police couldnt get there before the man was able to break through a glass door with a chair and patio table.

Jackson, who stayed on the phone with the 911 dispatcher, can be heard in the call saying, "I don't want to have to kill this man, but I'll kill him graveyard dead, ma'am."

When the intruder broke through the door, Jackson dropped the phone. A minute later, Jackson was forced to shoot, and the suspect, Billy Riley, 53, was killed. According to the local district attorney's office, Jackson won't be charged with a crime. During the call, the 911 operator told Jackson it was legal for her to defend her home.

I suppose you anti gun freaks would rather she got raped and killed by this intruder.

One in a billion? Looks like she hit the lottery, good thing she had that shotgun.

A job well done by this woman. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I suppose some want to take your gun away, but they're the few not the many; and, there is no serious threat to the second amendment RIGHT, but in the mind of the paranoid and/or the propagandists. This thread maybe an example of someone who is a member of both populations.
The problem with gun nuts - no, not the ones suggested by the OP - those who believe any restriction on firearms is cause for alarm, is they lack common sense. The only difference between a gun and a car - in terms of danger - is that the former is constitutionally protected.
Laws require those who drive a car to be licensed, insured and to operate the vehicle in a safe manner within specific parameters (on roadways designed for car traffic).
All of which make sense in terms of the general welfare. Yet, suggest to the OP or the NRA that a person be required to obtain a license, and that license be renewed annually before they may legally own, possess or have in their custody or control a firearm, and watch how they react. Or that firearms may not be carried - openly and concealed - in any public place; or that a limit on the amount or type of ammunition be imposed if and when a jurisdiction allows for open carry.
The right of our people to defend their homes is not the question, the stability, character and responsibility of the gun owner is the issue.

I also nominate this perp (the dead guy) for the Darwin Award....I'm sure she warned him. I'm sure he heard her cock the shotgun (a very distinctive sound, btw). Glad he's out of the Gene Pool.

He was an amazing call. Her calmness, her level-headedness, her high level of remorse and her great aim!:clap2:

that's the beauty of a shotgun,, you just have to point it in the general direction of the pig you are going to kill!

Yes, but I imagine that there is a certain amount of satisfaction when you take a scumbag down with a handgun. All the practice at the range paying of and what not...

Shotgun. My weapon of choice as well. Good for her. Glad the dirtbag is dead.

I also nominate this perp (the dead guy) for the Darwin Award....I'm sure she warned him. I'm sure he heard her cock the shotgun (a very distinctive sound, btw). Glad he's out of the Gene Pool.

I disagree with nominating this puke for the prestigious Darwin Award. I think a person who dies while in the act of committing a crime distracts from the deeds of others who've given their last full measure of devotion as a result of doing something really really stupid.

Just my opinion.

Forum List

Back