I'll be damned...

*shrugs* no skin off my back if you think you can win without us.

Hey, I'm not voting this year, either. The GOP has been hijacked by retards, liars, hypocrites, and psychos. They deserve Obama to win.

That does not change the fact the Libertarians have no class.

Then you are a fuck'n retard. You can write in any damn candidate you want, hell... Go to the voting booth and hand back a completely blank voting card as a demonstration of your disdain I don't care... But if you won't stand up for what you believe in you aren't worth talking to.

With me......this election is not the one to make any kind of stand on.
If it was Bill Clinton...possibly, but not with Obama and his ideology. just my opinion.

As a democrat, I'm sure you would like to splinter the republican party....no doubt about that. :eusa_whistle:
In fairness... It's not democrats splintering the republican party.

In all fairness.....my bad, I was meaning to say that as a democrat they would like to see the republican party splintered.
Yeah... Well... No... I think I took that wrong. Don't see you post much so I didn't really know which way to take it. My badd.

Hey, I'm not voting this year, either. The GOP has been hijacked by retards, liars, hypocrites, and psychos. They deserve Obama to win.

Then you are a fuck'n retard. You can write in any damn candidate you want, hell... Go to the voting booth and hand back a completely blank voting card as a demonstration of your disdain I don't care... But if you won't stand up for what you believe in you aren't worth talking to.

With me......this election is not the one to make any kind of stand on.
If it was Bill Clinton...possibly, but not with Obama and his ideology. just my opinion.
*shrugs* We disagree. Nothing wrong with that. You should stand for what you believe in. If it's Mitt... Fine... Whatever.

*shrugs* no skin off my back if you think you can win without us.

Making an alienating jackass of yourself =/= standing up for what you believe in. The Libertarians worst enemy is Libertarians.

Last edited:

Making an alienating jackass of yourself =/= standing up for what you believe in.
No... Standing up for what you believe in is standing up for what you believe in. You are essentially saying you have no voice in the government. Forgive me for thinking that stupid. Or... Don't forgive me... I guess I really don't care if you don't.

As a democrat, I'm sure you would like to splinter the republican party....no doubt about that. :eusa_whistle:

In all fairness.....my bad, I was meaning to say that as a democrat they would like to see the republican party splintered.

Maybe some would....But as I said earlier....The two party system is getting to the point where the general attitudes is that everyone with a "D" behind their name is a Communist and everyone with an "R" behind their name is a Fascist.

Not saying it's true....not even remotely true...but that seems to be the attitude when one party speaks of the other. Our nation has gotten too large and too dynamic to be pigeonholed like that. I just happen to have more in common, philosophically speaking with the Democratic Party. I think labor is getting the shaft and too many good, honest, hard working people are struggling. However, I am a gun owner, hunter and like to shoot target/skeet/archery....that aligned me with Conservatives.....I don't really believe the hyperbole from either side and take it with not only a grain of salt, but a teaspoon.

The fluff stuff? Gays, abortion, religion? I have firm values on....however those are my values....I don't think that I should be able to dictate those values to others anymore than I think that, say.....oh.....Muslims should dictate Sharia Law on this country. I generally keep my religion to myself and my church unless it comes up in conversation.

Maybe some would....But as I said earlier....The two party system is getting to the point where the general attitudes is that everyone with a "D" behind their name is a Communist and everyone with an "R" behind their name is a Fascist.

Not saying it's true....not even remotely true...but that seems to be the attitude when one party speaks of the other. Our nation has gotten too large and too dynamic to be pigeonholed like that. I just happen to have more in common, philosophically speaking with the Democratic Party. I think labor is getting the shaft and too many good, honest, hard working people are struggling. However, I am a gun owner, hunter and like to shoot target/skeet/archery....that aligned me with Conservatives.....I don't really believe the hyperbole from either side and take it with not only a grain of salt, but a teaspoon.

The fluff stuff? Gays, abortion, religion? I have firm values on....however those are my values....I don't think that I should be able to dictate those values to others anymore than I think that, say.....oh.....Muslims should dictate Sharia Law on this country. I generally keep my religion to myself and my church unless it comes up in conversation.

When I was taught to hunt, gut , eat and tan the hides of animals, I never thought of it being political issue. it used to be called survival skills.

I'd rep you again if I could... *shrugs*

Are you opposed to murder? If so, why would you demand laws to stop murder if you keep your religion to yourself?

Well then, the exact same motive behind your desire to see murder outlawed is at work with a pro-lifer when it comes to abortion. Abortion is not "fluff stuff". It's murder.

You see, it all depends how an issue is framed by the various factions on each side of it. Another example would be the attempt by the pro-choice side to paint pro-lifers as trying to regulate women's vaginas. They are off by several inches. Pro-lifers are attempting to save the lives of the unborn child in the womb. Pro-choicers throw up a shit ton of smoke and mirrors to hide those unborn children. They attempt to divert our gaze down to their vaginas, and they even go so far as to use the victims of rape and incest as human shields to cover the million-plus corpses that are not the result of rape or incest each year.

The "religion" thing is another deflection. It is not about religion. It is about when life begins and the murder of that life.

When people whine there is no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans, it is as if they are blind to the stark differences on issues like abortion, which you casually toss off as "fluff stuff".

On the flip side, I think the right wing is overly preoccupied with Muslims to the point of bigotry. I see an almost impenetrable confirmation bias there. The "Sharia Law" fearmongering is justification for that bigotry.

In fact, there is a grievous amount of bigotry on the right these days. It has always been there, but never to the degree I see today. Gays, blacks, and muslims are particularly targeted.

It is the explosion of bigotry from the right which has pushed me away from my GOP more than any other cause.

When the bigotry of the right is pointed out, then the segregationist policies of the old Democratic Party are invariably trotted out and the Republican virtues of civil rights are trumpeted. But these dunderheads never seem to notice they are talking about a period which ended over half a century ago. The tables have long since flipped. Swarms of bigots have migrated to the GOP.

And it is these asshole racists and bigots who are splintering the GOP more than any other group.

And don't even get me started on the dumbing down of the conservative movement...

A politico who has an intellectual bandwidth wider than a bumper sticker these days is a rare gem.

Last edited:

Are you opposed to murder? If so, why would you demand laws to stop murder if you keep your religion to yourself?

Well then, the exact same motive behind your desire to see murder outlawed is at work with a pro-lifer when it comes to abortion. Abortion is not "fluff stuff". It's murder.

You see, it all depends how an issue is framed by the various factions on each side of it. Another example would be the attempt by the pro-choice side to paint pro-lifers as trying to regulate women's vaginas. They are off by several inches. Pro-lifers are attempting to save the lives of the unborn child in the womb. Pro-choicers throw up a shit ton of smoke and mirrors to hide those unborn children. They attempt to divert our gaze down to their vaginas, and they even go so far as to use the victims of rape and incest as human shields to cover the million-plus corpses that are not the result of rape or incest each year.

The "religion" thing is another deflection. It is not about religion. It is about when life begins and the murder of that life.

When people whine there is no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans, it is as if they are blind to the stark differences on issues like abortion, which you casually toss off as "fluff stuff".

On the flip side, I think the right wing is overly preoccupied with Muslims to the point of bigotry. I see an almost impenetrable confirmation bias there. The "Sharia Law" fearmongering is justification for that bigotry.

In fact, there is a grievous amount of bigotry on the right these days. It has always been there, but never to the degree I see today. Gays, blacks, and muslims are particularly targeted.

It is the explosion of bigotry from the right which has pushed me away from my GOP more than any other cause.

When the bigotry of the right is pointed out, then the segregationist policies of the old Democratic Party are invariably trotted out and the Republican virtues of civil rights are trumpeted. But these dunderheads never seem to notice they are talking about a period which ended over half a century ago. The tables have long since flipped. The bigots have migrated to the GOP.

And it is these asshole racists and bigots who are splintering the GOP more than any other group.

And don't even get me started on the dumbing down of the conservative movement...

A politico who has an intellectual bandwidth wider than a bumper sticker these days is a rare gem.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying... But you are still a fuck'n retard if you don't vote.

When the bigotry of the right is pointed out, then the segregationist policies of the old Democratic Party are invariably trotted out and the Republican virtues of civil rights are trumpeted. But these dunderheads never seem to notice they are talking about a period which ended over half a century ago. The tables have long since flipped. Swarms of bigots have migrated to the GOP.

Well, the SCOTUS and public opinion says you're wrong about abortion. IMO, we need to find common ground on the subject...but as long as the extremists on one side call it murderer and the extremists on the other is OK with partially delivering it and snipping the spinal cord...not much is going to change. We have to find a middle ground that the MAJORITY of this country finds, if not happy about it, at least acceptable.

Hard core pro lifers won't be happy, and neither will the late term/partial birth people. It's called compromise.

Forum List

Back