I'll be damned... Rumsfeld quits

People die of heart attacks all the time, why not Ken Lay?

It tells me that they had an autopsy.

The world is a much more boring place then you imagine.

you may be playing the devil's advocate, and i'll just assume you are.

while i am not saying what i posted here is truth verbatim, i imagine it is somewhere in between. the world is a boring place on some fronts, but when there is this much money involved, humans are more often than not capable of very dispicable deeds. ...and i don't have much faith in righteousness of human nature.

you may be playing the devil's advocate, and i'll just assume you are.

while i am not saying what i posted here is truth verbatim, i imagine it is somewhere in between. the world is a boring place on some fronts, but when there is this much money involved, humans are more often than not capable of very dispicable deeds. ...and i don't have much faith in righteousness of human nature.
I just need hard proof in order to believe something like this.

No politician would touch Lay. Things have a surprising way of getting found out (Ex. wiretapping, Monica, Watergate, all political scandals ever). They wouldn't deem the reward great enough to take the risk. Besides, Lay wasn't nearly as wealthy as he used to be, and the trial and sentencing of other executives such as Skillings tells me that the system stil works.

I am curious about all these Bush I retreads that populate the current administration. Aren't there any qualified people around who were born AFTER the '30s and '40s ? :dunno:

he was in the navy and worked in other administration so stop

I am curious about all these Bush I retreads that populate the current administration. Aren't there any qualified people around who were born AFTER the '30s and '40s ? :dunno:

They were and, I suppose are, supposed to be the "grown-ups" keeping an eye on Junior.

Forum List

Back