Ilegal Immigrants covered under HR 3200?

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
This is from the congressional research department a non-partisan group that tries to figure out what's going on with legislation. From reading this twice I beleive that many illegals could get coverage under HR3200. What say you?? It's confusing.

Open CRS - CRS Reports for the People

This is from the congressional research department a non-partisan group that tries to figure out what's going on with legislation. From reading this twice I beleive that many illegals could get coverage under HR3200. What say you?? It's confusing.

How does an illegal immigrant file a claim?
He needs to be covered under one of the plans. How do they get coverage under HR3200?

Thus, legal permanent residents, and noncitizens and unauthorized aliens who qualify as resident aliens (i.e., meet the substantial presence test), would be required under H.R. 3200 to have health insurance.

So an unauthorized alien would be required to pay for health insurance. Nothing in here says he gets FREE coverage

Allowing illegal aliens to obtain medical care under any plan would not be a problem in America if we would just send them back to Mexico and keep them from entering the country illegally. Why should this be a problem?

Actually it says that illegals wouldn't be excused from a tax penalty for not having insurance, not that illegals will be covered by health care reform.

Critical thinking is your friend.

Forum List

Back